[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index

Postby nickjr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Thank you for pointing this out! I've now added it under the "Misc" category. ^_^ I apologize for the long delay!
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coopie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:09 pm

so i have ab bit of a question
my friends and i went through a huge cs phase in 2016 and me and one other person are the only ones who survived lmao
Because of that sometimes we trade for unwanted pets in exchange for irl things (i bake dont @ me) and game currency they still play, fr and such
we usally do this when were at each others houses on the same computer in quick sucession and tbh im concerned that that it will b seen as cheating

I love this site and would be devistated if i lost the acc so should i clear this up with mods,, or give the pets away
im just overall paranoid
Image| cooper | [she/him] | ar 56 NA Image

coopie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:18 pm

soul case, wrote:
my friends and i went through a huge cs phase in 2016 and me and one other person are the only ones who survived lmao
Because of that sometimes we trade for unwanted pets in exchange for irl things (i bake dont @ me) and game currency they still play, fr and such
we usally do this when were at each others houses on the same computer in quick sucession and tbh im concerned that that it will b seen as cheating

I love this site and would be devistated if i lost the acc so should i clear this up with mods,, or give the pets away
im just overall paranoid

As long as you trade fairly it should not be an issue. I would recommend not trading your December 18 pets with each other, just to be sure.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coopie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:
soul case, wrote:

im just overall paranoid

As long as you trade fairly it should not be an issue. I would recommend not trading your December 18 pets with each other, just to be sure.

oh well too late ;0;
should i trade them back and wait?
i allready sent the currency but i should be able to get it back ^^

coopie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm

soul case, wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:
soul case, wrote:

im just overall paranoid

oh well too late ;0;
should i trade them back and wait?
i allready sent the currency but i should be able to get it back ^^

If it is a fair trade I wouldn't be too concerned. Help tickets are always good too: help/gethelp
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:26 pm

@soul case, (yep I'm @ing you anyway)

Exchanging pets for IRL things is strongly discouraged for two reasons:

1) staff can't help you if something goes wrong as the non-CS stuff will be out of their control

2) as far as the system is concerned, there's no difference between genuine users doing a CS-and-real-life trade (e.g. you and your friends) and a dishonest user lying by typing out that reasoning in the trade (this is the same reasoning that the "nickjr and I are brother and sister, please don't ban us" messages don't have any effect)

Offsite trades are still a little out of staff control if something goes wrong, but at least there will be proof (or a lack thereof) on the sites in question, and if something drastically bad actually happens, then something can happen (e.g. banning scammers). So offsite trades are fine, although if you're doing a lot of offsite trading with CS users who aren't particularly active, that may still raise a red flag in the system since it's going pretty close to the "trading with users who aren't really playing CS" border. But if your friends are enjoying CS for themselves then you probably have nothing to worry about as far as offsite trading goes
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coopie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:31 pm

nickjr wrote:@soul case, (yep I'm @ing you anyway)

Exchanging pets for IRL things is strongly discouraged for two reasons:

1) staff can't help you if something goes wrong as the non-CS stuff will be out of their control

2) as far as the system is concerned, there's no difference between genuine users doing a CS-and-real-life trade (e.g. you and your friends) and a dishonest user lying by typing out that reasoning in the trade (this is the same reasoning that the "nickjr and I are brother and sister, please don't ban us" messages don't have any effect)

Offsite trades are still a little out of staff control if something goes wrong, but at least there will be proof (or a lack thereof) on the sites in question, and if something drastically bad actually happens, then something can happen (e.g. banning scammers). So offsite trades are fine, although if you're doing a lot of offsite trading with CS users who aren't particularly active, that may still raise a red flag in the system since it's going pretty close to the "trading with users who aren't really playing CS" border. But if your friends are enjoying CS for themselves then you probably have nothing to worry about as far as offsite trading goes

thanks! uwu

coopie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 am

I'm wondering if something about threads reaching 900 pages should be added here. It's pretty minor and not really a rule in the same vein as other rules, so I'm not sure.

I don't have a handy post on me at the moment detailing code of conduct for remaking a thread that reaches 900 pages, though

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri May 17, 2019 7:05 am

It could be mentioned under "Not official rules, but helpful thread(s) or answers" I suppose.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me