[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index - Posting Open

Postby Panne » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Ah ok.
Not really sure why you're asking here,(a help ticket would've been a good choice :P) but I don't really know how to answer that.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toppyrocks » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you thank you thank you for putting something like this together. It'll be such a huge help for the whole of CS, at least until we get a full reviewed official rule index. I've seen so much confusion and misunderstandings cause sometimes it's just hard to know exactly what is and isn't okay. Hopefully this will clear up some problems in the mean time till the official one is complete :)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Toppyrocks wrote:Thank you thank you thank you for putting something like this together. It'll be such a huge help for the whole of CS, at least until we get a full reviewed official rule index. I've seen so much confusion and misunderstandings cause sometimes it's just hard to know exactly what is and isn't okay. Hopefully this will clear up some problems in the mean time till the official one is complete :)

Thank you for your positive feedback. ^_^
Although I'm afraid there are a few 'ghost' rules floating around I'm trying to figure out how to find them and get approval so I can put them with the rest of the rules.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toppyrocks » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 pm

No problem! I'll let you know if I stumble across any.

One I think I have seen- although you may want to check on this to be 100%- is the rules surrounding homework help threads/tutoring. I've seen many a thread locked by mods and the like because they don't want people to merely hand off their homework to someone else, not learn and still get the credit for it. But then I saw a topic asking if it was okay or not, and Tess said that yes, it is okay to have a homework help topic to ask questions and get explanations from others. I can see if I can find the thread for you, and if not maybe it'd be best for someone to send in a help ticket?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 am

Awesome Rule Index C:

I wonder if this rule should have a bullet all for itself somewhere? It's under the general site rules, but a lot of people seem to miss it, and I thought it was a ghost rule myself until I saw this post just a couple of days ago ^^;
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 am

Hmm, maybe screenshotting it will draw attention?

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:52 pm

I found this one topic talking about spam, what is spam and isn't. I wondered if this should be linked or not…
Check it here
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Cherry wrote:I found this one topic talking about spam, what is spam and isn't. I wondered if this should be linked or not…
Check it here

I'll add it as an 'additional' link. :3
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Ok, I've added a answer from the Help section to the Oekaki (as a 'helpful thread/answer'), if you want to quickly read over it. C:

Cherry wrote:I found this one topic talking about spam, what is spam and isn't. I wondered if this should be linked or not…
Check it here

I've linked this as a 'helpful thread' under the General category. ^^

Thanks for finding these, Shian.
I've added the last two as 'helpful threads/answers' under the General category. I didn't add the first since it's talking about large GIFs (and how they can't remove all images that are 'GIFs'), however, it's not really saying anything about GIFs being removed, unfortunately. I'll try and find something about that, though, and see if I can get a clearer result.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me