[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index

Postby nickjr » Fri May 17, 2019 4:14 pm

I couldn't find any definitive posts, but from search results for "900 pages" sorted in ascending order, it looks like the rule to remake threads only at 900+ pages was settled on sometime in late 2011, as there were cases in early-mid 2011 of people remaking some of the bigger/more popular threads much earlier (sometimes as early as 600 pages).

The closest posts I could find to being The Official Word are this one and this one and this one. (Atwood and Hekomi were moderators at the time.) Unfortunately these are kinda buried and I really wouldn't want to link to the second one on the front page of our makeshift official Rule Index lol

Other posts I found:

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=578644&p=21162076#p21162076
(I can't find the original post)

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=463157&p=10586004#p10586004
(In addition to being a long-time artist, Vampiric is technically also a long-time mod)

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=660821&p=15953762#p15953762

I also found some talk about public vs private threads (public threads can be remade by anyone, private threads cannot) but I have not seen any official mention of that in either my memories or in search results. Might just be a user-/community-defined thing.

TL;DR:
1. New threads should be made soon after the current thread reaches 900 pages.
2. New threads should not be made until the current thread reaches 900 pages. Threads cannot be remade in advance.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 am

(since I couldn't find a handy post suitable for the front page detailing the TL;DR above ^, maybe a mod can conveniently say the same thing somewhere or even just directly put it with their name on the front page lol

unless I missed an already existing handy post of course--then use that instead)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:12 am

You know what I just realized? Since rant threads aren't allowed on CS anymore (since they've got a bad history of turning nasty real fast), that could be considered a rule

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Are you allowed to say you’re a minor/18+?
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups