TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby *Infinity* » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 am

Ploegy wrote:
I'm so stressed and irritated right now and I tried to talk to my friend thinking that they would be able to help me calm down and relax, but they straight up keep changing the subject. It is only making me feel worse.... I could use a bit of a pick-me-up right now

When I start feeling that way, everything my friend says riles me up even more. I can't even look at that person without wanting to snap.

What helps me is to go to my room or the bathroom, someplace I can be alone, and do a forward bend. I lean forward, looking at my knees and let my head hang down. It sounds kinda weird, but I guess the extra blood to my brain or something helps calm me down. I'll take a few deep breaths like that, then I'm ready to go back out there.

It doesn't get rid of the stress entirely, but if does make it to where I can function and be around people again!

Try it once or twice and see if it helps you any. I hope it does!!!
Smile at a stranger today - it might be the first smile they’ve seen in a while!
Blessed Be!

I am an item collector! Feel free to send me items in your trade, whether they are on my wishlist or not!
*Infinity*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:49 am

I have to go to a fancy dinner thing tonight hosted by the benefactors who built my dorm. The whole dorm is going.
I absolutely do not want to go. I don't want to get dressed up and walk all the way over there. At least its right next to the museum where I do research, so I can escape there as need be since I have the passcode to get inside. But like...people are spending a lot on this dinner, even if it's only going to be a huge provoker of my anxiety.
At least there will be crab cakes- I grew up around Baltimore, so at least it'll taste like home. However, I doubt it'll be the least bit enjoyable.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling really down due to a fight with my parents. I can hardly talk to people, I'm so out of it.

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 am

I just feel like I am suffocating, and I basically am physically. I've been having a constant asthma attack now and I have no inhaler. My Mother constantly yells at me and babies my little brother. She thinks I am basically useless. My mother also has too high of expectations for me. She is upset when I have an A-. She expects for me to get into an amazing college but we're so poor we can barely afford food. I end up only eating once a day despite the school offering food; the school food costs money as well. I missed 3 months of school because no one would help me when I was getting severely bullied. My ex is attacking me still. I have to get a job and pay bills and pay for food. I somehow also have to do a sport or something out of school because that'll help for me to get into college. I just... don't know what to do anymore. I hate venting because I feel like a bother to most people.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby n3rvous » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 am

Ok so lasting night I was talking to m (my crush)'s friend (a girl) called k, she's my friend too but her and m are closer. She sent me a DM on social media asking who I liked. I explained I couldn't tell her and she begged me to ask so I said she could guess and she guessed it like what
So yeah.. now she knows and I hope I can trust her because of m finds out... :(
Any advice on how to keep calm?
n3rvous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snubbulls » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 pm

My girlfriend just broke up with me. Over text. Because I tried to help her ward off a bully. I don't know what I did wrong and she says she never wants to see or hear from me again. I still love her though. God I wish I wasn't so naive. I should have known that this was coming. Now I have literally no one. Not family, not friends, no one.
| millie / millipede |
| any / all | adult |
❤ metal ❤ re7 ❤
❤ 70's slashers ❤
sharks ❤ clowns ❤
❤ monster high ❤
snubbulls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby critter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:36 pm

misplaced wrote:
    My friend and her mom got in a really heated argument and she said for her to kill herself and her mother wasn't being motherly at all and told her that she was never going to be a good mother, and kept making her sad.
    SHE WAS CRYING MORE THAN ONCE. I FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE WHILE WE WERE TALKING, I STARTED TO UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS FALLING IN LOVE WITH HER.

Thankfully, everything calmed down, aside from the constant arguing, and she agreed to move in with me when were older and move far far away from them. Both of us are "running away" from our parents.
    Oh god Im not straight haha.

I hope she loves me too. One day...

Were dating, but I'm worried about her parents because their homophobic :(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm chasing my dreams,
catch you on the flip side <3
last checked 1/15/23
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
critter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madness, » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:49 pm

hi.
so, i'm... really, really horrified.
tomorrow i'm going to try to pass as a guy at my school. i'm having super bad dysphoria and i really want people to understand i'm not a girl, but the thing is most of them have been in the same class as me and know that i'm a biological girl. my school is really transphobic and homophobic and i'm scared that if they notice i'll get beat up. i don't want them to notice but at the same time i do want them to... but in a positive way. i want to be called he.
i'm not completely sure if i'm trans but i think there's a really high possibility i am.
another thing is that i'm really scared my parents will notice. they say they aren't against it, and they're okay with me being gay, but for some reason they just think that being trans is just people being confused or wanting attention.
i'm so scared... has anyone had experience with this before?
i just need a hug.
madness,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 pm

madness, wrote:
hi.
so, i'm... really, really horrified.
tomorrow i'm going to try to pass as a guy at my school. i'm having super bad dysphoria and i really want people to understand i'm not a girl, but the thing is most of them have been in the same class as me and know that i'm a biological girl. my school is really transphobic and homophobic and i'm scared that if they notice i'll get beat up. i don't want them to notice but at the same time i do want them to... but in a positive way. i want to be called he.
i'm not completely sure if i'm trans but i think there's a really high possibility i am.
another thing is that i'm really scared my parents will notice. they say they aren't against it, and they're okay with me being gay, but for some reason they just think that being trans is just people being confused or wanting attention.
i'm so scared... has anyone had experience with this before?
i just need a hug.

I don't really have any advice but I just want to say good luck! You got this!
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lazy9248 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:07 pm

If someone told me that loneliness kills I'd believe them.

I don't like not having anyone to sleep next to or even feel attracted to.

I just don't like being single and alone.
Lazy9248

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm

lilac sky wrote:
    you're supposed to help me