AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes

Postby GAIRENTH » Tue May 08, 2018 5:10 am

I'm sure I'm not going to be any help, but the only AP "Tests" I've done were in a form of a portfolio. Had to do two for two art classes and that's was stressful! For anyone worried about AP Portfolios for Art Classes, all I can recommend is to only submit your best work that you're proud of. Make sure there is a clear meaning in your concentration and be sure to be as informative and as descriptive as you can. Don't be afraid to let your emotions out and made personal connections, this is what they're looking for!
If something seems too simple, don't be afraid to submit it, sometimes including A gesture drawing or two can really help.
Also, be sure to show that you know and understand the fundamentals of art. Elemnts and Principles are a must!

--

Besides that, the only AP Test I was close to taking I wasn't able to study for due to my school getting my class to do testing that didn't count against us (until our senior year..) But I didn't take it. And those that did apparently didn't do so well because my teacher did not teach us everything..
So my advice if any, definitely study all you can EVEN IF your teacher did not cover it. Better to be over prepared than not at all.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Hope those art classes went well :)! For AP World History, we have to teach some of the things to ourselves as well. For anyone wanting to or has taken AP tests, you're going to have to teach yourself some things because it is a college level course for one year crammed into 9 months.
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ELDER » Wed May 09, 2018 4:16 am

i had the chance to take AP world, but im still stuck on if i should take it or not. i want to challenge myself but i dont feel confident at the same time. when i think of the idea of failing an AP exam i get really anxious and start to back out on the idea... can anyone help me? ive never known what its realy like to be in any AP class before, so i don't know if im going to hurt my grades or improve them. im a fairly responsible student, i mostly listen and get above average scores. just dont know if im up for it. i want to be in an AP class, but then i dont. any advice?
Last edited by Dama on Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information
wip
ELDER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Forgotten Dreams~ » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 am

King-Rat wrote:i had the chance to take AP world, but im still stuck on if i should take it or not. i want to challenge myself but i dont feel confident at the same time. when i think of the idea of failing an AP exam i get really anxious and start to back out on the idea... can anyone help me? ive never known what its realy like to be in any AP class before, so i don't know if im going to hurt my grades or improve them. im a fairly responsible student, i mostly listen and get above average scores. just dont know if im up for it. i want to be in an AP class, but then i dont. any advice?

I took a whole slew of AP classes in high school. And I failed two of the tests. And yeah, it was disappointing, but it didn't kill me. In my experience, the history and english tests are easy, and the math and science ones are much harder. My school didn't offer AP World, but I would have loved the chance to take it.
Last edited by Dama on Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted personal information from another user
Visit my Writing and Editing Shop {Inkstains} for editing, fanfiction, and original works!
~Forgotten Dreams~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Wed May 09, 2018 6:28 am

King-Rat wrote:i had the chance to take AP world, but im still stuck on if i should take it or not. i want to challenge myself but i dont feel confident at the same time. when i think of the idea of failing an AP exam i get really anxious and start to back out on the idea... can anyone help me? ive never known what its realy like to be in any AP class before, so i don't know if im going to hurt my grades or improve them. im a fairly responsible student, i mostly listen and get above average scores. just dont know if im up for it. i want to be in an AP class, but then i dont. any advice?

I think what will matter most is if you're willing to work and put in extra effort. If you're a student that completes all assignments on time and turns them in early or when they're due, and you're willing to give extra time to work and study, then it shouldn't be too hard.
I guess little things too know is that memory is always key. Projects typically won't be small, and essays seem to be an always.

I don't know if your school system does them different, but the school system here doesn't require you to take the AP exam at the end of the course. So if you don't feel like you'll do well in the test, you don't have to take it. But just having taken an AP course will make you more knowledgable on the subject and looks good to colleges.
Reason: Removed quoted personal information from another user
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ELDER » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 am

MedicatedBerry wrote:

I think what will matter most is if you're willing to work and put in extra effort. If you're a student that completes all assignments on time and turns them in early or when they're due, and you're willing to give extra time to work and study, then it shouldn't be too hard.
I guess little things too know is that memory is always key. Projects typically won't be small, and essays seem to be an always.

I don't know if your school system does them different, but the school system here doesn't require you to take the AP exam at the end of the course. So if you don't feel like you'll do well in the test, you don't have to take it. But just having taken an AP course will make you more knowledgable on the subject and looks good to colleges.

Hmm.. thanks for the advice. I think I'm leaning more on taking the class then, even my U.S History teacher recommended it to me. I think I'm just over-thinking it and being scared.
Reason: Removed quoted personal information
wip
ELDER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 pm

I'm taking AP Chinese tomorrow and I'm really nervous because it'll be my first ever AP exam and I didn't take the course so I don't really feel confident about the cultural related speaking question in the exam ;_;
And I'll be taking AP Stats next Thursday. I've mocked a raw score of 79.9 (which should be a 5) but I'm really worried that I'll be too stressed on the night before, lose sleep, and take the exam without my brain awake x_x

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Thu May 10, 2018 7:59 am

☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ wrote:I'm taking AP Chinese tomorrow and I'm really nervous because it'll be my first ever AP exam and I didn't take the course so I don't really feel confident about the cultural related speaking question in the exam ;_;
    And I'll be taking AP Stats next Thursday. I've mocked a raw score of 79.9 (which should be a 5) but I'm really worried that I'll be too stressed on the night before, lose sleep, and take the exam without my brain awake x_x

I think you'll do wonderful tomorrow. I don't know anybody that has or will plan to take that exam but I hope they implement that kind of class in my school one day because my school isn't really diverse tbh. I took my AP Psychology exam a few days ago and OMG it was stressful. I knew what I was doing it's just the pressure with so many people in the room at the same time and time management. I'm glad this is the only I had to take this year so I'm done for this year! Finally! Not saying that I hate everything AP but you can say I dislike it very much. We all are mainly doing it for college credit am I right? Best of luck to you!
    lil.pinknugget

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm

lil.pinknugget wrote:
    ☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ wrote:I'm taking AP Chinese tomorrow and I'm really nervous because it'll be my first ever AP exam and I didn't take the course so I don't really feel confident about the cultural related speaking question in the exam ;_;

I think you'll do wonderful tomorrow. I don't know anybody that has or will plan to take that exam but I hope they implement that kind of class in my school one day because my school isn't really diverse tbh. I took my AP Psychology exam a few days ago and OMG it was stressful. I knew what I was doing it's just the pressure with so many people in the room at the same time and time management. I'm glad this is the only I had to take this year so I'm done for this year! Finally! Not saying that I hate everything AP but you can say I dislike it very much. We all are mainly doing it for college credit am I right? Best of luck to you!

Thank you!! It went okay for me today and yeah I feel what you mean about feeling pressure with so many people in the room. Everyone was talking at the same time for the speaking section and it made me panic more when I heard other people feeling so confident about their answer X_X also the noise is a bit distracting
    I personally don't really care much for the college credit. I think that the credits are only helpful if you go to an American university? (please correct me if I'm wrong) and my dream is to go to school in Singapore. I care much more about how AP classes make my transcript more appealing&make me more competitive

hi
      hi
      hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
      YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
      full time foodie
      fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
      FR sales / about me / credit
      Eagle's Eye
      General Helper

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Postby MelodyRose » Fri May 11, 2018 9:00 am

I've already taken the AP Psychology exam on Monday. I guess it's supposed to be one of the easiest APs but my teacher teaches way harder than the exam. Either way I always get test anxiety and I get really sick right before any high stake exam. I went in there and it ended up seeming pretty easy the only problem was that I had a super bad migraine and was about to pass out by the end of the test. I literally ran out when they called time. Not too fun :?

I've got AP US History tomorrow and I'm definitely not prepared. I'm not in the AP class, just the regular class and we haven't finished yet so I have to study everything tonight. I'm stressing for that one. Then next week I've got AP Language which I don't even know how to prepare for. I'm a good writer but the multiple choice kills me.

Good luck to all those with APs!
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      hi, i'm melody.

carrd | ♫♫
      cs secret santas |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MelodyRose

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes