What Color Are Your Eyes?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What Color Are Your Eyes?

-Brown
29%
-Black
3%
-Blue
23%
-Green
14%
-Gray
8%
-Violet
1%
-Red
1%
-Hazel
15%
-Amber
1%
-Other
6%

Total votes : 571

Re: What Color Are Your Eyes?

Postby Echo Revna » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:30 am

space cadet wrote:My eyes change colors, but right now they're a greenish gray with yellow-brown around the pupils.
One time they were slate gray with a little orange and it creeped people out XD

Wow! That is cool!

lulu0000 wrote:My eyes are light green with a few brown flecks and a dark green rim.

I have a friend that has brown flecks in his eyes and I have always thought it was really cool!
Echo Revna

Postby Shiny Sylveon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Green, but with a brown ring around each pupil. Would I be brown, green, or hazel? o.o
╔══════════════════════╗
"If I make another move,
if I take another step,
then it all will fall apart,
there'll be nothing of me left.
If I'm crying in the wind,
if I'm crying in the night,
will there ever be a way?
Will my heart return to white?"
-Christina Lee (Bad Apple)

╚══════════════════════╝
╔══════════════╗
Credit
link
link
link
link
link
╚══════════════╝

Shiny Sylveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bunnifical » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm going to pop in. My eyes are slightly weird. They are a very, very light blue. Lighter than duck egg blue, with a thick, dark black ring around the edge. I have been told by quite a few people that my eyes are actually known as The Silver Eye.
━━━━━━♡━━━━━━
“𝙒𝙤𝙬-𝙬𝙚𝙚!
𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙢-𝙋𝙤𝙢'𝙨
𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙚𝙧!”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
bunnifical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 am

Yukine. wrote:
I'm going to pop in. My eyes are slightly weird. They are a very, very light blue. Lighter than duck egg blue, with a thick, dark black ring around the edge. I have been told by quite a few people that my eyes are actually known as The Silver Eye.

Wow! That is cool!
Echo Revna

Postby χaphan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:41 am

I'm just going to join in on the fun~
My eyes are a very light grey with a dark blue-ish / dark grey ring around them. I also have a rather weird pattern in them that are made from a bit lighter dark blue-ish /dark grey color and some very light grey one. It kind of looks like spikes. I'm also very sensitive to light ;w; I feel stressed out when there's too much bright light but when it's dark out, I can relax my eyes~
- I'm not really sure if my eyes "means" something though x'D I think the match my skintone very well - I'm a very pale person c: To the point where my skin will turn blue sometimes ^-^
χaphan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiny Sylveon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 am

immapolarbearmalp wrote:Hmmmm.... Probably hazel.

See, that's the thing though. Hazel has such a different definition to everyone. Some believe that "hazel" changes colors, some believe it has "flecks", and some believe it's golden brown. Some believe it's any two colors.

Both "green" and "hazel" eyes look like mine, so that's where those got me confused, and my friends say that the darkest color is what color your eyes are, so that's where brown came in.
╔══════════════════════╗
"If I make another move,
if I take another step,
then it all will fall apart,
there'll be nothing of me left.
If I'm crying in the wind,
if I'm crying in the night,
will there ever be a way?
Will my heart return to white?"
-Christina Lee (Bad Apple)

╚══════════════════════╝
╔══════════════╗
Credit
link
link
link
link
link
╚══════════════╝

Shiny Sylveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:12 am

Shiny Sylveon wrote:See, that's the thing though. Hazel has such a different definition to everyone. Some believe that "hazel" changes colors, some believe it has "flecks", and some believe it's golden brown. Some believe it's any two colors.

Both "green" and "hazel" eyes look like mine, so that's where those got me confused, and my friends say that the darkest color is what color your eyes are, so that's where brown came in.

My grandma has hazel eyes... they change from green to brown. But I do not think that hazel is just alternating. To me I'd say your eyes are hazel. Really though, I think that only you can say exactly what color your eyes are. Different people see colors differently too. I had a dress once that all most all my friends said was green, but to me it was blue. My grandma and my mom argue about what is black and what is navy all the time. So like I said, your eyes are what ever color you truly think they are. :)
Echo Revna

Postby Verge of Chaos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Hazel eyes result from a combination of rayleigh scattering, the principle responsible for eyes (and the sky) appearing blue and melanin, the pigment responsible for brown eyes. They primarily consist of brown and green, though the dominant color can either be brown/gold or green which is the cause of many mislabels such as amber.

My hazel eyes appear to have a combination of green, brown and blue with a light brown/amber-ish ring around the pupil.
This is an image of a hazel eye from Wikipedia that is identical to my eyes.

It's also common for Hazel eyes to change depending on clothing and surroundings. Mine tend to respond strongly to blue or green clothing.
Verge of Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby equin0x » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:47 am

I have brown eyes that are sort of a maple syrup color haha. They aren't really that amazing or my best feature, but I love them! I think the little details or "flaws" in people's eyes are so cool. Like, my eyes usually look like a solid-color brown, but if you look closely both eyes have these cool gold rings around the edges and around the pupils there is this texture that reminds me of daisy petals peeling back. Also, there is one dark fleck in my left iris below the pupil that's probably the most obvious detail in my eyes, but I only have one in my left eye, not the right. c: i totally didn't just look in the mirror to tell you guys this stuff

Also, I don't want to be annoying, but to everyone saying their eyes can change color, that's not really possible! Most people's eyes darken after they are born, until they reach their natural color around a year old. Yes, your eyes can get darker or lighter with age, but your mood or the day can't make your eyes completely shift color. The lighting, color of your clothes, weather, or even tears in your eyes can make it seem like your eyes are a different color, but it just really has to do with the way light is reaching your eyes. Turn on the bathroom light (not a dim light) and look in the mirror. That is your eye color. Cx //sorry for mini rant haha//
equin0x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:40 am

immapolarbearmalp wrote:
-Tikaani- wrote:I have brown eyes that are sort of a maple syrup color haha. They aren't really that amazing or my best feature, but I love them! I think the little details or "flaws" in people's eyes are so cool. Like, my eyes usually look like a solid-color brown, but if you look closely both eyes have these cool gold rings around the edges and around the pupils there is this texture that reminds me of daisy petals peeling back. Also, there is one dark fleck in my left iris below the pupil that's probably the most obvious detail in my eyes, but I only have one in my left eye, not the right. c: i totally didn't just look in the mirror to tell you guys this stuff

Also, I don't want to be annoying, but to everyone saying their eyes can change color, that's not really possible! Most people's eyes darken after they are born, until they reach their natural color around a year old. Yes, your eyes can get darker or lighter with age, but your mood or the day can't make your eyes completely shift color. The lighting, color of your clothes, weather, or even tears in your eyes can make it seem like your eyes are a different color, but it just really has to do with the way light is reaching your eyes. Turn on the bathroom light (not a dim light) and look in the mirror. That is your eye color. Cx //sorry for mini rant haha//

I agree, however some people may see some colors different than others. For example, some people insist that my eyes are blue, but I know that they are gray. It is all a matter of perception.

That was how I thought too.
Echo Revna