Rabbit Owner chat V3 [New thread!]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner chat V3 [New thread!]

Postby Madel » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:53 am

Username: Lemon Coyote
Your rabbit's names! (Put 'Future bun owner' if non-owner): Juniper and Cedar! I work at a rescue, these are the buns I take care of <3 they're very sweet
Juni is about 2/3, and Cedar was recently rescued. We're currently working on bonding them

Mads | adult | he/it
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Hello! My name is Mads. I'm
a wildlife scientist working in animal rescue
and rehabilitation. Currently busy with work,
so replies may be slow! Feel free to shoot
me a message or a trade, however. ^-^
Currently seeking; cobweb bunnies!
1.5k c$ art contest
ImageImage
art by my bf <3
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:22 am

Lemon Coyote wrote:Username: Lemon Coyote
Your rabbit's names! (Put 'Future bun owner' if non-owner): Juniper and Cedar! I work at a rescue, these are the buns I take care of <3 they're very sweet
Juni is about 2/3, and Cedar was recently rescued. We're currently working on bonding them

Aww so sweet! I would love to work at a rabbit rescue some day :)
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:14 pm

Just wanted to thank y'all for the rabbit litter box suggestions. They currently just have bins with hay in it. I was having an issue where Benji specifically would poop outside of it, but I realized it was because of the fake grass. I removed it and he has been going to the bathroom in his box. He used to live outside and didn't need the box so just forgot the litterbox existed, I guess, when I brought in fake grass.

I bought two cat litter boxes a while ago but they arrived with cat urine in them (gross, ik) so I got a refund and returned them lol, I'll be ordering new ones when I get more money.

After a couple months, they're finally making bonding progress. I haven't been consistent up until a couple weeks ago, had lots going on, but finally they're on the track to get bonded! They're just both so stubborn, but I can't keep them both if they don't get along, so I'll give it a while, just gotta be consistent here on out. They fight after spending longer than an hour together, sometimes longer, but sleep near each other through the pen cages which is good progress so far, and Benji has started to groom Falafel at some points. (they switch sides often so they both get exercise running around the room) What's the longest you'd give it to bond a pair of rabbits? Worst case scenario, I end up taking just one when I move out whenever that may be, and the second can stay with my sister, but I'd love for them to be bonded. It's just an odd situation since we got Benji to bond with a previous rabbit, but she unexpectedly passed last year, but I happened to find Falafel in the yard right before she did, so I had 2 rabbits, both running solo.. Is there anything I could do to make the process faster, or at least easier for them?
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:19 pm

Winstalgia wrote:Just wanted to thank y'all for the rabbit litter box suggestions. They currently just have bins with hay in it. I was having an issue where Benji specifically would poop outside of it, but I realized it was because of the fake grass. I removed it and he has been going to the bathroom in his box. He used to live outside and didn't need the box so just forgot the litterbox existed, I guess, when I brought in fake grass.

I bought two cat litter boxes a while ago but they arrived with cat urine in them (gross, ik) so I got a refund and returned them lol, I'll be ordering new ones when I get more money.

After a couple months, they're finally making bonding progress. I haven't been consistent up until a couple weeks ago, had lots going on, but finally they're on the track to get bonded! They're just both so stubborn, but I can't keep them both if they don't get along, so I'll give it a while, just gotta be consistent here on out. They fight after spending longer than an hour together, sometimes longer, but sleep near each other through the pen cages which is good progress so far, and Benji has started to groom Falafel at some points. (they switch sides often so they both get exercise running around the room) What's the longest you'd give it to bond a pair of rabbits? Worst case scenario, I end up taking just one when I move out whenever that may be, and the second can stay with my sister, but I'd love for them to be bonded. It's just an odd situation since we got Benji to bond with a previous rabbit, but she unexpectedly passed last year, but I happened to find Falafel in the yard right before she did, so I had 2 rabbits, both running solo.. Is there anything I could do to make the process faster, or at least easier for them?

As someone who managed to bond rabbits only once; it honestly depends on the bunnies as well. Our bonded pair was mother and daughter (Thumper & Daisy) and they were able to live together when they both gotten older. These bunnies were the ones my parents and I had, so I don't remember much of the process.

It will take a while, but I've found some articles that could help? Sorry if I'm not much help!
Bunny Bonding basics - Humane society
How to introduce rabbits to each other

-----------------------------------------------------------------

bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:43 am

Username: Adamented
Your rabbit's names!: Future owner n.n I'm not allowed pets where I'm at atm

I'm not a bunny owner yet but I actually used to be afraid of them! I had a childhood friend with a bunny she'd sit out in the yard with. She kept trying to get me to hold her bunny, but they didn't like being held (poor thing) and I wasn't comfortable holding them either >n< not with the kicking and scratching that came along with their discomfort-!

I've grown up with many different pets, birds were actually the 'trade pet' of our family- my mother bred them and at one point had a huge aviary of 50+ cockatiels! (not all in the same aviary, they didn't all get along, but they were quite a flock!) I however have always been a cat person.

Recently I got over my fear of house rabbits and even made a friend with one of the abandoned rabbits left near my work, we have many bunnies in my area that are in unfortunate situations like this- cold and wet and taking shelter in a massive warren underneath a very prolific bramble patch that's... probably bigger than my actual house lol

The bunny I made friends with is fully grown, a white bunny with grey looking streaks, and I call him Scrambles n.n I give him a treat when I can, from the scraps I get to take home from work- veggies like little bits of carrot, peppers, or romaine lettuce.
(as far as helping his situation- there's nothing to be done. Our town is overrun. No Shelters take rabbits and no Fosters are available. Not here, not many cities over, I have really tried- he's just going to have to be my outdoor bunny friend until hopefully the situation changes)

Scrambles is super skittish, but he'll make time for me even if I don't have snacks for him. He recognizes me visually and by voice now and comes running right over! Despite my history with pets, I have never felt the amount of joy I do when I see him! So Scrambles has definitely converted me to a future bunny owner, when I'm in an appropriate home to have one!

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
AdamAddie
he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
[ MY STUFF ]
the gladewood
CLs / buzzies / wermz

[ LINKS ]
ImageImage @adamented

Art T.o.S.

[ SUPPORT SELECT BY RARITY ]
thread
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry_sk1ez » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:59 am

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 :𝐋𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧_𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐁𝐮𝐧 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞: 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐫
~~
𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬!

Star ☆ They/He/She ☆ Always open to trade

starry_sk1ez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeysageandmagic » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:21 am

Username: honeysageandmagic

Bunny’s name: Orthopedic Shoes (Ortho for short)

My little brother went to an amish auction the other day and came back with…a baby bunny for me. Just a couple months old. I named him Orthopedic Shoes and he’s so sweet!! I got him set up in my room with a very large dog cage and a litterbox (filled with newspaper shreddings) and food and water, and I’m working on bunny-proofing my room so that he’s easier to watch when I let him out. He doesn’t seem to be pooping or peeing anywhere other than his litterbox (which is great because I didn’t know how I would litter train him). He’s very energetic, and was running laps around his cage, but he also cuddled with me when I held him. He’s so sweet.

honeysageandmagic | she/her | commissions open
Toyhouse | Gifts | Tumblr |
falling in love with the world one day at a time<3
honeysageandmagic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:19 pm

it was volkswagen's birthday today !! he's 6 years old now, it's kind of insane to think about all the years i've had with him . he's been with me through a lot of tough times but it's hard to think of him as anything but a baby 🤣💖
he's officially a senior- if feels like just yesterday i was bringing him home in a cardboard box .

aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:27 am

Happy birthday to Volkswagen! He's so cute!

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
AdamAddie
he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
[ MY STUFF ]
the gladewood
CLs / buzzies / wermz

[ LINKS ]
ImageImage @adamented

Art T.o.S.

[ SUPPORT SELECT BY RARITY ]
thread
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space-Bunny » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:52 am

Username: Space-Bunny
Your rabbit's names! (Put 'Future bun owner' if non-owner): Peter, Milo and Gino

I wish I would be able to write the fourth, but on this day I wrote this, he went over the rainbow bridge.
Rainbow Bridge:
Sunny - Dicky - Bunny - Sammy

I am a Bunny Mom who owns rabbits over 10 years. I am really experienced, so if you have any questions I might help you.

-------------------------
From left to right:
Milo - Peter - Gino

Ah, my apologies. This heavy rain must be quite an inconvenience for you.

╔══════════════════╗
Leviathan Judicator
╚══════════════════╝
Space-Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me