Questions about my cat

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Questions about my cat

Postby Madel » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:32 am

Hello! 8 years ago, we adopted a 4 month old kitten. She’s the sweetest cat ever. She got along with our other cats very well, and she was always very healthy. This was until about a year ago. She started picking off the fur in her belly and back legs. We tried to stop this by buying cat grass, changing the food, buying new toys, but it didn’t work. She stopped for a while, but recently we’ve noticed she’s been loosing a lot of weight recently. We haven’t had any changes in the food, environment, and our other cats leave her alone. We’ve started feeding her in a separate room and added supplements and a special canned food to help her gain weight. We can’t afford a vet atm, so I thought I’d ask here. Any tips? Thank you!

Edit: also, a notable thing is that the cat she was close with as a kitten passed away when she was 2, it was a few years ago and I’m not sure if that’s what’s wrong

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Questions about my cat

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:35 am

If you havnt already I would suggest taking her to the vet. Looks like you’ve addressed boredom and stress possibilities, she could have something going on internally that’s not getting fixed by diet changes
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:42 am

Bridgy1234 wrote:If you havnt already I would suggest taking her to the vet. Looks like you’ve addressed boredom and stress possibilities, she could have something going on internally that’s not getting fixed by diet changes

We’re struggling a bit financially, but it’s the plan once we can afford it!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:03 pm

Hi there, unfortunately I will have to lock this topic, as we do not allow users to request medical advice for themselves, other people, or their pets/animals due to the danger of receiving such advice from unqualified people and children on the Internet, and concern with discussion of sensitive topics.

Please try to reach out to qualified individuals who can help your cat!
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me