The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What type of rodents do you have?

Rats
27%
Hamsters
17%
Gerbils
5%
Mice
11%
Guinea Pigs
15%
Chinchillas
2%
Degus
1%
None :(
15%
None, but getting some soon!
7%

Total votes : 338

Re: My little hamster, Cream cheese

Postby metal » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:54 am

i love cream cheese
metal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grayson. » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:09 pm

You are very very talented, what an amazing small little one cream cheese is

adult - july 22 - infp-t - yeehaw

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, call me Gray. Fun fact: you're loved.
Always open to trades and messages :)

▬▬▬ best friend | still no rickroll ▬▬▬
Grayson.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cait » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:11 pm

such a cutie!
╔══════════ cait ══════════╗

xxhi im cait! I like anime, manga, reading, video games
kpop, league of legends, and genshin! feel free to pm me <3

xxxxxxxx pixel creditcarrdmalpinterest

╚══════════ cait ══════════╝
cait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:12 pm

What a sweetie cutie pie!

J̷̧̠̦̺͆͊̐̐̈̽̽̃̈́ǔ̶̘̠͖̪̺̻͈̭̪̊͐͒̍ͅṣ̴̢͕̪̫͇͇̞̠͂̈̀ţ̶̢̬̗̫̰̀̈́̍ ̴̡̖̱̝̝̟͎̪̗̍̾͊̊͆b̷̨̭͓͇̅̋̌ͅę̴̯̪̰͎̼̖͌̈́͋̂̒̑̐͊̑c̷̨̬̜͌á̴̜͝ư̷̡͍̯̫̾̎̃̀̀́͂̀ś̶̛͉̕̚ē̸̖̹̹͔̫̪̣̔́͂̂͌̈͜͜͜ ̶̢̛̅̓͝͠͝Ị̶̆̀ ̵̨̢̛̱̭̘̘̭̝̏̍͗̈̑͂ͅs̶̖͕͍̉̄̋̀͛̀̈͗͐a̵̟̞͓͚͚̓̾̀̉͠y̸̹̎́͆̀̒́̕͝͝ ̵̢̠̖̄͋͛̕͠͝Ȋ̷̢̜̬̺͙̫͒̓̅̓͑̅̈́̋̚'̸̼̜̻͔̭̥͘m̸̢̤͎͚̺̪͛̓̈́ ̶͓̥͈̀̀ḃ̴͉̃̈́r̴̖̜̣̘͑̕ͅó̴̻͎͚̣̠͖͍̈́̈́̎͒͌̈ḵ̴̢̝̱͈͎͂̋͗͜e̴̻͕̺̟̽̊̐̆̚n̶̪̞͕̐̓̅̏̒ ̶̢̡͉͉̼̠͉̠͔͚̂́͝d̶̛͕̲̲̀̅͗͐͑̓̆o̸̟͕͂́͊̆̐͑̏̄͘͜ë̸̘̪̭̦͙̱̫̞̲́͆s̴̩͉̫̈͋ṉ̶̢͔̙̻͕͍͐̂̓̒͒͂̽͜'̶̬̯̥̿̐̂̓̏ť̴͓̲̦̩̩̿̒͊͋͐̍͜͝ ̷̫͉̫̘͙͇̺͆͐͊̉̈̈́m̶̛͖̺͙̣̎̆͊̈́̃̽͋ë̶͓́̓͠ǎ̵̼̥̓͑͝n̸͚͖͙̜̠̭͖̔̈́ ̶̢̦̪͎̠͙͕͛̂̓̌͐̊̅̽Į̶͕̩̲̭̪̄̇ ̸̡͙̋̉́̈͝͝a̶͇͉̫̜̾̄̕m̸̧͍̀́̋̒̈́̾͊̚̚͝

[/size]
]
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
ImageImage
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Postby KHMT » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:56 am

ghhuhhh the way that rodents, specifically hamsters, rats, and mice can like ... either be extremely rotund, or kinda stretch themselves out to be long yknow ... i love rodents so much .., and their little noses ;;;;;;;;;
--signature under construction!--
my ToyHouse is TBPKarma!
<3 -CS off-oekaki character sales
<3 -CS off-oekaki art gallery
<3 -TH character sales
<3 -TH character trades

more active during events, may randomly give away. i'm here for the art, and for fun!
KHMT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shroom. » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:54 am

KHMT wrote:ghhuhhh the way that rodents, specifically hamsters, rats, and mice can like ... either be extremely rotund, or kinda stretch themselves out to be long yknow ... i love rodents so much .., and their little noses ;;;;;;;;;

I know just how you feel! seriously tho, my hamster when he's asleep, literally stretches out and turns into liquid (not really), rodents are the best
shroom. - she/her
if you love someone set them free
no seriously, this is the police
open up
shroom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {smug lemon} » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 pm

hi funny brodents. last time i posted hear was a year and a few months ago about my "new" hamster pancake.. i have now had him for a long time and hes been upgraded to a detolf diy cage!

in the past month he's... kinda been enjoying an early retirement, all he does is sleep and eat and burrow. took him to get looked at and they said hes probably just old so maybe he was at the pet shop for a while and is older than we thought? i. dont know but i never see him use his wheel anymore. it might be the heat?. he might use it when im asleep (which is like. 2 hours out of every night) i have no clue why is this man so lazy ??? :sob:

had a lil health scare too because i couldnt find him and his food was not being eaten but i pulled up his hide and he was grumpily staring at me and ran away. this hamster will be the death of me i love him sm <333 absolute baby

pancake tax. for u all
i don't use cs much anymore. number 1 N Harmonia lover‼️‼️
{smug lemon}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm

Username: ferretjuice
      Favorite type of rodent: Guinea pig
      Tell us about your pets: I have two Guinea pigs, Juniper and Sundae, currently working on being Insta famous :> haha
      Other:can’t wait to talk all things rodents!!
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Hello people, was wondering if i could get some advice.

Shes aprox 2 months old, female Syrian hamster.

My bf recently got a syrian hamster and everything has been going great so far, including the taming process, getting her used to us, eating and drinking etc. She has a very large cage as I've studied animal management for multiple years in college and uni and made my bf get the best for her. She has a beautiful natural wooden enclosure with everything a hamster would want and need.

However the mostly wooden cage has a ceiling and small areas on the sides made of wire for hanging things like the bottle, and she is constantly chewing and biting it nearly every hour that shes awake. It obviously keeps us awake at night, is incredibly annoying, and obviously not good for her teeth. I cant think of why she's be doing it aside from boredom but her cage is full of stuff, she has a deep layer of woodshavings for burrowing, like 5 hides, lots of treats and chewing stuff scattered around the cage, ropes and stuff to climb, a huge wheel that she loves to use, etc. But she just goes back to the wire every night. Ive taken away the hide that allowed her to reach the ceiling wire and she somehow climbs and just hangs on to the wire with her hands while chewing it!! We've been getting up a few times every night to switch her attention, moving her to her wheel, to her burrows etc and nothing. We dont know whats causing this or what to do. Is she just bored and is her cage possibly still too small? Any advice is appreciated.

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shroom. » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:32 pm

Mommy Amon wrote:Hello people, was wondering if i could get some advice.

Shes aprox 2 months old, female Syrian hamster.

My bf recently got a syrian hamster and everything has been going great so far, including the taming process, getting her used to us, eating and drinking etc. She has a very large cage as I've studied animal management for multiple years in college and uni and made my bf get the best for her. She has a beautiful natural wooden enclosure with everything a hamster would want and need.

However the mostly wooden cage has a ceiling and small areas on the sides made of wire for hanging things like the bottle, and she is constantly chewing and biting it nearly every hour that shes awake. It obviously keeps us awake at night, is incredibly annoying, and obviously not good for her teeth. I cant think of why she's be doing it aside from boredom but her cage is full of stuff, she has a deep layer of woodshavings for burrowing, like 5 hides, lots of treats and chewing stuff scattered around the cage, ropes and stuff to climb, a huge wheel that she loves to use, etc. But she just goes back to the wire every night. Ive taken away the hide that allowed her to reach the ceiling wire and she somehow climbs and just hangs on to the wire with her hands while chewing it!! We've been getting up a few times every night to switch her attention, moving her to her wheel, to her burrows etc and nothing. We dont know whats causing this or what to do. Is she just bored and is her cage possibly still too small? Any advice is appreciated.

one of my little guys does this as well. my smaller syrian ham, Nibbles used to frequently bite and cosplay a gymnast on the roof wire bit of his cage. here are some tips and advice :)
reasons
it's possible that since you just got this hamster (and kudos to you, it seems like you've taken excellent care if her), she might still need some time of get used to the new setting, just like for humans, moving can be stressful
make sure that she has a big enough wheel, she probably does, im just covering all the bases, and not being able to exercise properly might make her jittery
solutions
what ive found that helps with this is giving your hamster some attention before you go to bed. she might want to spend some quality time, or just receive some love
another thing that helps is hiding treats, there are these excellent wooden ball toys that if you hide some of your hamster's favourite treats or food in, that will deviate her attention for a good amount of time
you might want to look into a dig box, or a sand box, both of these things will be very enriching for your ham, and will keep her occupied.

I hope this was helpful!
shroom. - she/her
if you love someone set them free
no seriously, this is the police
open up
shroom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups