The Rat Thread

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Rat Thread

Postby eff » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:06 am

what's your budget? and, if you find one you're unsure of, you can use the rat cage calculator. i believe a lot of people like the critter nation, at least in the rat community. i've also been looking at the savic suite royal xl cage, which looks decent in theory, but the reviews are fairly disappointing. i don't know a lot about the following cages, parting from the amount of rats. do your research on the specific cages first.

- critter nation 4-6 rats
      - savic suite royal xl 18 rats (this is the xl one)
      - terenziani moore 5 rats
      - terenziani michaelangelo 3 rats (only micahelangelo! the other one can barely hold one)
      - savic freddy 2 max 5 rats
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:28 pm

hey! marking this thread for later. also introducing myself.

i own Radioactive Rattery. i currently have 23 breeders. 9 bucks the rest are does. *currently* i have one litter on the ground. i work with DWS (dominant white spotting), siamese, and russian blue. my DWS line comes from louisiana from a line that has had *no* cases of MC (mega colon) or cases of blindness/deafness as long as we've had it. if anyone has questions I'm free to answer them all the time!
..Image - fr lair - afrma - th - swe stables
    | nick
    |he/him

| i breed health tested american bullies irl :^)
    | guest artist for SWEs
rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:46 am

rat wrote:hey! marking this thread for later. also introducing myself.

i own Radioactive Rattery. i currently have 23 breeders. 9 bucks the rest are does. *currently* i have one litter on the ground. i work with DWS (dominant white spotting), siamese, and russian blue. my DWS line comes from louisiana from a line that has had *no* cases of MC (mega colon) or cases of blindness/deafness as long as we've had it. if anyone has questions I'm free to answer them all the time!

your rattery has some gorgeous rats! siamese are definitely some of my favourite colourings.
      --
      so, i live about a ten minute walk away from our town. on the way, there's a pet store. it's not too big but i always go in just to have
      a look at the animals. i'd never buy an animal from a pet store due to my own preference of breeders, but they got rid of the female dumbos. i know they weren't sold, as every other animal that had been there for about a month and a half were replaced with babies. it is a shame really, as those were some really friendly dumbos.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 pm

How many rats do you own;; 23
What brought you to the rat thread;; i was checking the old one, didn't realize it went inactive!
Do your rats know any tricks;; a few of them do agility. A-frame, tube, and jumps. They also spin/stand. most of my older ladies are litter trained. don't know how that happened.
..Image - fr lair - afrma - th - swe stables
    | nick
    |he/him

| i breed health tested american bullies irl :^)
    | guest artist for SWEs
rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:29 am

rat wrote:How many rats do you own;; 23
What brought you to the rat thread;; i was checking the old one, didn't realize it went inactive!
Do your rats know any tricks;; a few of them do agility. A-frame, tube, and jumps. They also spin/stand. most of my older ladies are litter trained. don't know how that happened.

added :)
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 am

I started out with one single Rat, Ruby. she lived two years, No roomates.. yeah i didn't know much! Second pair,
I learned some more!! i had two! Still didn't know enough, They lived in a tiny cage.. But! a few months later they had a single unit critter nation! At 7 months, Oliver passed away. At 14 months, Henry Followed.

A few years later!! I got the add on unit and bought 4 very sweet males! Dyson, Cain, Salvador, and Gordon!
A few months later, On my birthday, I got Danny! Dyson passed away first, at One year, 1 month. Danny Passed away soon after :(( At 9 months.. Cain Passed at 2 years, Salvador at 2 years and 3 months, And Gordon, Who lived alone his whole life, He hated his brothers, Left us just a few months ago, At 3 years 4 months!! my oldest living baby! I loved him, He roamed the house and played with the cats and dogs,, Or... Scared away the dogs and cats, He was not afraid to bite.

thats my rat journey.. Its over :,) Loved the dudes but not for me.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ari.is.evolving » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 pm

How many rats do you own;; 3
What brought you to the rat thread;; I like rats :)))
Do your rats know any tricks;; they all know "stand" and are mostly litter trained. two of them know "jump" (from the floor to the bed)
ari.is.evolving

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aesop carl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm

How many rats do you own;; None but I'm going to be getting a few soon. (I also half-own my friends 4 rats lol)
What brought you to the rat thread;; I was curious to see if there was an active rat thread on CS.
Do your rats know any tricks;; n/a
pax he/they/myu/kon ✦ mlm ✦ autistic ✦ 6/22

dreamies
aesop carl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePetCollector » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello, guys! I am a rat breeder and hope to be able to enjoy this thread with you!

I have a few rats that I keep and will do some short introductions!

Ruby is my <3 rat! She is a standard coat, top ear, Pink Eye White. She is my absolute babe and has had two healthy litters. Now, she will spend the remaining time of her life being a pet only rat to me and my family!

Onyx is Ruby's daughter, a mismarked black self, standard coat, top ear. She will further my black self lines (Extreme, no white)

Rosie is a cinnamon hooded, poor rex coat, top ear doe I will be keeping to keep top ear and hooded varieties included in my lines.

Holly is a Poor himalayan, Poor rex, Dumbo Ear that will further improve my Himalayan Lines

Astonish is a rex cost, agouti self (mismarked), dumbo ear that will help further self in my lines

I also keep two bucks, Harley, A rex ,red eye Himalayan, dumbo ear, very big boy, and also Kratos, a proven recessive hairless
Gift Of Randomness!! But Do Not Ask, You WIll NOT Receive! :)
Gifted Randomly: 65 Times

I WIll Collect Every Pet Possible! It Is MY Mission!
My birthday is October 20th!! :D
Pet collection account, working on adoption center

[b]I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 10 people.
I have received 24 Gifts
Adoption Center- Donations Appreciated to Grow :D
ThePetCollector

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby September Rain » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:52 am

How many rats do you own;;
None, but I'm planning on getting some soon!
What brought you to the rat thread;;
I have some questions about rats and think they're adorable <3
Do your rats know any tricks;;
n/a

Hi everyone!
I've recently been purchasing new toys to get ready for when I get pet rats. I purchased these cat jingle balls and was wondering if they are safe? They don't have bells inside - just a smaller ball with an even tinier ball that rattles a little bit. I don't think there's a way to remove the rattle ball without breaking the toy, so if they're unsafe, should I just throw them away?

If love's elastic, then were
    we born to test its reach?

Is it buried treasure, or
    just a single puzzle piece?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|