Siamese dogs?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Siamese dogs?

Postby pthumerian » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 am

Does anyone know why there are no dogs with the siamese coloration? It appears in rats, cats and rabbits (not sure if in any other animals), which are not related to each other, while cats and dogs share indeed a common ancestor - so why no siamese dogs? Or do they exist and I just missed it? :lol:
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Siamese dogs?

Postby Cruxich » Mon May 28, 2018 4:20 am

After doing some digging, the only case of a dog having siamese coloring was a puppy found in Russia. Sadly though, the puppy disappeared shortly after so they were unable to do further studies on it.

The Siamese coloring is actually a type of mutation called Tyrosinase, a form of partial albinism. It's common in animals such as cats and mice, but so far to date nothing has been reported of it affecting the coat color of dogs. So it either is very, very rare for a dog to be born with it, or it was simply a one of a kind event that will never happen again.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pthumerian » Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 am

This was very informative, thanks! I didn't even expect a photo. I love animal oddities, so this is like candy for me. :D
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm

What about tan-colored pugs? Are those just a color pattern that was created by chance and bred for instead of being related to the same mutation?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 am

That is true,... a pug with this coloring is a sort of Siamese colored dog :) i think ...it was was one of the cloring that was wanted the most after years of breeding and later accepted in the end for one of the accepted color pattern in the breeding book/kennel clubs...when i understand it right ^//^

i could be wrong, but are there not sighthounds with this color or a bit like this color too? and one of the large herd/stock protection dogs
and some horses.... and i think even one sheep breed that has the "siamese look"

would be interesting when one could find pictures :)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 am

Seasonal wrote:What about tan-colored pugs? Are those just a color pattern that was created by chance and bred for instead of being related to the same mutation?

Most likely, just a coat color that resembles a siamese one. They would need to have the actual mutation to be a true siamese, but so far it's one that doesn't seem to affect dogs. The puppy was probably just a freak accident or something, though it does spread the slight chance that other dogs with the same mutation could be found.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Wed May 30, 2018 4:34 am

not the same gene, no, but theres cases of extreme masking (probably what the puppy above is displaying, just a red dillute) and also the inverted creeping tan.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Wed May 30, 2018 4:52 am

*update* I found the same picture of the siamese dog with an addition of two more images from some kind of Russian forum (of course, it's in Russian and I can't read it pff)

But in the end, who knows. This world can be weird.
---------
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Hmm. I wonder if it’s harmful to dogs to have a Siamese pattern, health-wise. I love the color!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 am

Hey there,
Please continue the discussion on our dog chat found here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3694619
Thanks!

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me