Overated Animals?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Quick Vote: Most Overated Animal?

Cats
12%
Dogs
18%
Lions
7%
Wolves
35%
Bears
2%
Dolphins
7%
Foxes
9%
Deer
2%
Other
8%

Total votes : 797

Re: Overated Animals?

Postby Viozel » Sun May 27, 2018 8:29 am

Scottish9 wrote:Most cats. I appreciate working farm cats, but it ends there. Why keep a so-called companion animal around when it's a jerk that destroys things and uses a box that you have to endure and clean? Sure they can be entertaining, but I want a friend, not a weird fuzzy housemate

not all cats destroy things. If you teach them or keep them outside, they can't destroy anything.
    Besides, it's not just cats that destroy things. We do too sometimes, little kids do, dogs do, and most animals really. Imo it's better when a cat does than a dog for example, because a cat you can just pick up and move, whereas dogs are huge and not so easy to move, and since they're so big (at least, if it's a big breed of dog) they're more likely to destroy things. And yes, you have to clean out their litterboxes, but what's so bad about that? It's not any worse than cleaning a bathroom or doing some chores.
    And cats can be friends if you are willing to be kind and friendly to them. My cats are literally my best friends ever, no joke. they may not be as helpful as farm cats, but they still do keep the mice out of the house, and they can keep you company and can be very fun to play and snuggle with.

I'm very sorry if any of this comes off as rude, but I just wanted to kinda explain some stuff.
    xx▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    Hi I'm lazy and busy and
    distracted so this is all ya get
    xx▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    link link link ©
Viozel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xan » Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 am

wolves, every socially awkward teenage girl's favorite animal

virgo xx-xx really good napper xx-xx thats itxx
xan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre mackerel » Sun May 27, 2018 11:22 am

oh boy i feel like this thread won't last long b/c of all the dog lovers and cat lovers colliding X3

and just saying, if you love cats and hate dogs, or the other way around, you can't list all these reasons why dogs suck or cats suck if you've never actually owned one; thats just my opinion

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:23 am

CrackerQuacker wrote:oh boy i feel like this thread won't last long b/c of all the dog lovers and cat lovers colliding X3

and just saying, if you love cats and hate dogs, or the other way around, you can't list all these reasons why dogs suck or cats suck if you've never actually owned one; thats just my opinion

ya this whole thread is pretty much me and other cat lovers getting mad as hell over cat stereotypes lol

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chic 'n' stu » Sun May 27, 2018 12:23 pm

So, I know most people think that foxes are overrated, and they aren't wrong, but I think the number one most overrated animal is the human being. 'Nough said.
chic 'n' stu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Wolves
Just wolves
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Scottish9 wrote:Most cats. I appreciate working farm cats, but it ends there. Why keep a so-called companion animal around when it's a jerk that destroys things and uses a box that you have to endure and clean? Sure they can be entertaining, but I want a friend, not a weird fuzzy housemate.

"When it's a jerk" have you considered maybe you just don't understand cats well? I'm not even being hostile, it's an honest question. Most cats who destroy things are either stressed or bored, and most cats who are ""jerks"" are called so by owners who severely misunderstand their body language. If you know what you're looking for it's very easy to see the ways your cat shows they love you, it's just subtler than a dog's because cats and dogs are very different animals.
RossTheDandy wrote:So, I know most people think that foxes are overrated, and they aren't wrong, but I think the number one most overrated animal is the human being. 'Nough said.

Pffft. I mean, you aren't wrong - the anthropocentric nature of humans and how we constantly feel the need to establish ourselves as the standard for most things backs that up.

As for animals I find overrated? I'd have to agree with wolves. I don't have anything against them, but I find the way they're romanticized to be kinda annoying.
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vinylteeth » Tue May 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Okay, I edited this...

Animals aren't overrated, they are just loved. We don't give other animals enough attention. A lot of people think that felines and canines are boss and the other animals are trash/disliked. I personally find these animals cool and I wish these guys could get more attention;
> Secretary Birds
> Strawberry tigers
> EELS
> Betta fish
> Kois
> Bears ;D;
> Sneks
> Fuzzy spiders ( I can't spell right now okay?)

adult user ✶ he/she/they
♡ happy new year! ♡

vinylteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Juiceboxed wrote:Okay, I edited this...

Animals aren't overrated, they are just loved. We don't give other animals enough attention. A lot of people think that felines and canines are boss and the other animals are trash/disliked. I personally find these animals cool and I wish these guys could get more attention;
> Secretary Birds
> Strawberry tigers
> EELS
> Betta fish
> Kois
> Bears ;D;
> Sneks
> Fuzzy spiders ( I can't spell right now okay?)

I have ranted in this thread but this is actually kinda a good way to look at it??
My opinion: echidnas are super underrated and they're just so cute, being a red hothead or not i still love 'em
This gives a good idea for a thread as well...

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: rip transgender V1 stamp this robot will always be transgender to me

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby )'smol'( » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 pm

tarantulas

why do people even keep them as pets