I got a new fish!! :D

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

I got a new fish!! :D

Postby Reefknot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 am

i also broke my tank's light but that's okay

I've been wanting to get a Siamese Fighting Fish for ages now, and today i went to my local pet shop and bought one! he's so gorgeous, i love him so much already ;U; he's a blue veiltail and is a very curious boy, and i just wanted tot share him to the world C:

my fur baby (my cat) has also already been trying to get at him by pawing through the glass

does anyone else have a fighter fish? or any other fish?!

i also have two cherry barbs and also a nerite snail!
Reefknot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I got a new fish!! :D

Postby recklessgod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 am

This is such a pretty fish. I use to gave two betas in the same tank with a seperater thing inside but one of them jumped OVER the seperater and got the other one!! We knew they fought which is why we seperated them but goodness, we didnt know theyd jump it to get the other one!
recklessgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby velasco » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 am

recklessgod wrote:This is such a pretty fish. I use to gave two betas in the same tank with a seperater thing inside but one of them jumped OVER the seperater and got the other one!! We knew they fought which is why we seperated them but goodness, we didnt know theyd jump it to get the other one!

betas are very territorial; i love fish, had a few betas, and can confirm they will do anything to assert their dominance in their tank. they're great fishies though.

onto the main topic, i've always wanted one of these fish, and i've been looking into it.
    how are they to have? money wise, time wise? those seem to be the two things i can't find and i've wanted one of these babs for a while.
╔════════╗

april I gemini I bi
©

╚════════╝
velasco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reefknot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 am

recklessgod wrote:This is such a pretty fish. I use to gave two betas in the same tank with a seperater thing inside but one of them jumped OVER the seperater and got the other one!! We knew they fought which is why we seperated them but goodness, we didnt know theyd jump it to get the other one!

wow! that's quite some determination!
Reefknot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reefknot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 am

recklessgod wrote:onto the main topic, i've always wanted one of these fish, and i've been looking into it.
how are they to have? money wise, time wise? those seem to be the two things i can't find and i've wanted one of these babs for a while.

i've only had mine for about six hours haha but to my knowledge theyre fairly low maintenance. they are very smart though, and you can teach them to do various tricks. i guess it just depends how much time you want to put into it.
price wise, i bought mine for £4.20! not the cheapest fish ever but still good. the pet shop in my town is a really nice independent shop who really cares about all the pets they sell. I'd rather pay a little extra to a good pet shop rather than get a cheap one and be supporting one of the slightly dodgy chain pet shops
Reefknot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mari_hadalittlelamb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:48 pm

He's cute. We have one male moontail and a Lilac female.
Your cherry barbs are cute too! My mom just spawned a clutch of Cherries from her school. She just has too many fish lmao
Mari_hadalittlelamb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:00 pm

You can use this thread to talk about your fish: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2449749
ImageImage