Do your parrots show what they are feeling?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Do your parrots show what they are feeling?

Postby AriaPsiana389 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 am

Sorry if this cant even go here... I mean, it is talking about animals
(Rule first!
Please don't make fun of anyone on here for any reason. If we feel like our birds have emotions and you don't, then why are you here?
Of course forum rules apply.
Do not just pull off random pictures off the internet unless those are free images for people to use.
If it's not your image, and you have permission to use it, do say.)

Hiyo! I'm doing an assignment in Project which involves choosing something to research about. We were told that we would have to get other peoples opinions about it. I chose something to do with the bird that I own and then we were told not to do something like make enrichment since they are a bit iffy about people doing projects that would involve filming (I would have to film her using the things I made.)

So, getting pictures of her showing expressions it was!

Now, please don't go off topic, this is me trying to not fail in project. Though also don't be too serious about this. This would be what other people would interpret their animals showing. For example, my feather baby.
This is my background to my phone and whenever people see it, they say she looks like she's ready to kill me. Which, I sort of guess, the poor girl isn't fond of getting her picture taken. But I don't really see that. To me she looks more curious, but she was in the middle of making a popping noise, which I haven't worked out if she's telling me off or not yet. Since she does it when she's getting sprayed, which she loves.
I know what she looks like when she's in a mood, and she really isn't at that time. She may have been a little ticked since there was a phone in her face, but I react the exact same way.

*Disclaimer* I am not her first owner, that's why she's a little less feathery and a little more fluffy. We've only had her for a year, but she's come a long way in getting her feathers back. She used to have nothing on her, now she can fly, even if she is a little clumsy at it. Vet says there's nothing wrong with her and she doesn't have mites or anything. She just didn't have a very sociable life before she came to me.

Now, other people take their pets in different ways. Like how some people take snarling as smiling in dogs (as the groomer I worked with puts it, why little dogs are so snappy.)

This bird is scared of pretty much everything that's new to her, which you can tell when she stands up straight, flattens her feathers and her eyes get really wide. She keep a close eye on whatever has made her like this and wont rest for a good few hours even when the object is removed. When she's happy, she wont shut up with her little noises that she makes which she probably thinks is her making conversation to us. That or she sits somewhere on one leg with her eyes half closed and grinding her beak, this also means that she's ready to go to sleep. Though my mum finds this annoying XD (She used to tell her off until I made her realise that it was a good noise for her to make.)

If any of you have any problems with me showing my tutors any images of the birds on here, please do tell me. I will only use pictures on here in my assignment if I have permission to.
AriaPsiana389

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Do your parrots show what they are feeling?

Postby AriaPsiana389 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Bump!
AriaPsiana389

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryukrem » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:33 am

ryukrem - lesbian - taken <3

prefer to roleplay off site. pm me.

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriaPsiana389 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am

ryukrem wrote:

Sorry, didn't know that we had to stick to specific threads >.< (plus, my anxiety and paranoia hates me walking into the middle of a chat thread. Just posting here is bad enough...)

Was about to ask for this to be deleted anyway since my assignment hand in date is closer quicker than I thought. Unfortunately, that'll have to wait until I get time to do so on my laptop.

Thanks for telling me though!
AriaPsiana389

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me