Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby juicebox! » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 am

do you think buying noise-cancelling headphones paired with a dog snood (hehe) would be affective to protect a dog’s ears from noise damage? the snood to keep it in place and also just cover it in general. i know mutt muffs are a thing but i have heard mixed reviews and due to the price, i am a bit weary about them. if you have recommendations for ways to protect a dog’s ears from loud noises please do tell! and recommendations that arent “dont bring your dog” or “train your dog to ignore the noises.” he’s a service dog, he gonna come. and i want him to not lose or damage his hearing.
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 am

schistad; wrote:
    do you think buying noise-cancelling headphones paired with a dog snood (hehe) would be affective to protect a dog’s ears from noise damage? the snood to keep it in place and also just cover it in general. i know mutt muffs are a thing but i have heard mixed reviews and due to the price, i am a bit weary about them. if you have recommendations for ways to protect a dog’s ears from loud noises please do tell! and recommendations that arent “dont bring your dog” or “train your dog to ignore the noises.” he’s a service dog, he gonna come. and i want him to not lose or damage his hearing.

“The Happy Hoodie is an expandable, safe, lightweight, soft and comfortable band that is placed over an animal's ears to provide relief and protection from the noise of force drying. In addition to its benefit as a grooming aid, it is useful for pets that are frightened of loud noises such as blow drying, thunder, fireworks or the vacuum. The LARGE Happy Hoodie fits most dogs.”

link to product
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Well Thor and Lilly don’t really like playing tug? Lilly doesn’t have the best teeth, despite my care for them the best I can. Thor doesn’t like anything with a super loud squeaky sound. He’s actually scared of them. He best squeaky for him are those small round ones. I might try that indestructiball honestly. If he doesn’t like it, I know someone with a pit who would like it.

Thor wouldn’t wait for the ice to melt, he’d crunch the ice 😂
Ice is the best treat for Thor and Lilly and it’s so strange? I open the fridge or use the ice dispenser and Lilly is right there waiting with Thor behind her.

We don’t want Lilly digging in the yard more than she has been. We’ve got holes in the yard that are almost knee deep from where she’s found bugs and stuff to eat underground. We’re trying to fill them in but she’s digging them faster than we can fill them.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:31 pm

schistad; wrote:

You could, in theory use cotton balls in the dogs ears if you're careful, but I don't know how much noise that would block. I know they make pompoms to go in horses ears to help muffle sound. Perhaps you could buy a pair of those and trim them down?

I don't know about mutt muffs in particular, are they the only noise canceling headphones on the market? I like the snood idea to keep them on. I know in a study done with dogs in an fMRI they used headphones and wrapped vet tape around them to keep them on. In that study the dogs were trained to go into the fMRI willingly and do testing so I imagined the headphone worked fairly well.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theupsidedown » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:36 pm

so my dog, soda, is having an ear issue. his ear smells and he scratches it and shakes his head constantly. ive noticed some dirt (maybe?) in there. he is a chihuahua.
Last edited by Zeena on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not ask for medical advice; please bring your pet to a veterinarian
✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Image▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰
zero ⋆ she/her ⋆ ♌ leo ⋆ INFP
theupsidedown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

theupsidedown wrote:i gotta get some help. so my dog, soda, is having an ear issue. his ear smells and he scratches it and shakes his head constantly. ive noticed some dirt (maybe?) in there. we got ear wipes and we also have qtips but i dont want to do anything until i know what i should for sure be doing. does he have to go to the vet?

he is a chihuahua if you need to know.

sounds like a ear infection... he needs to be seen by a vet and get proper medication.
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theupsidedown » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:56 pm

fortnite. wrote:
theupsidedown wrote:i gotta get some help. so my dog, soda, is having an ear issue. his ear smells and he scratches it and shakes his head constantly. ive noticed some dirt (maybe?) in there. we got ear wipes and we also have qtips but i dont want to do anything until i know what i should for sure be doing. does he have to go to the vet?

sounds like a ear infection... he needs to be seen by a vet and get proper medication.

okay thank you. do you think he needs to be taken to the vet urgently?
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Image▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
zero ⋆ she/her ⋆ ♌ leo ⋆ INFP
theupsidedown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:26 pm

theupsidedown wrote:
fortnite. wrote:

okay thank you. do you think he needs to be taken to the vet urgently?

if you don’t take him soon it’ll get worse, so i’d suggest yes.
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

No response from this backyard breeder. Their dogs are pretty though😂
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player