Dogs or Cats?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Dogs or Cats?

Postby HyperPup » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 am

Which one do you prefer most, dogs or cats? And why?

I personally prefer dogs because they're more playful creatures and will give you unconditional love! (Not saying cats can't)
On the other hand, cats are absolutely cute but their behavior sometimes bothers me. I wouldn't say they're ''careless'' when it comes to their owner because there's obviously cats that never leave their owner's side. I simply don't think I'd choose it as a pet. Another reason I'd choose to have a dog is because I LOVE walks in general and it would also help me socialize since I'm an introvert.

What about you? Share down below!
HyperPup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dogs or Cats?

Postby Hot Dad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 am

Cats!
I have an angel cat called nina, she's thoughtful, caring, and adorable!
I think some people don't get cats as they've not taken the time to understand one as an individual. Also cats behavior is difficult to get if you have dogs e.g where dogs roll on their back showing their tummy may mean tickle me ! For cats they're showing they trust you and are enjoying your company - doesn't mean tickle me. I think a lot of ppl expect them to be the same, where they're not really

Dogs are great too tho!
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 am

even though i like cats and dogs equally, i'd have to say dogs. i grew up with them instead of cats so i'm more familiar with canines :'^)

my grandparents' cat helps teach me lots about general cat behavior, though! and even if she's a little more standoff-ish compared to my dog, she's quite sweet and loves chin scratches <3

when i'm living in my own and am capable of owning a pet it'll be hard for me to decide whether i want a cat or dog, haha
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snivyy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:40 pm

I'd have to say dogs since I grew up with them as well! Parents never let me have a cat, but boy are they cute! <3
Snivyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mycorrhizae » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 am

Cats!

As mentioned above, a lot of the reasons people give for not liking cats (they bite, they're mean, they don't interact, etc) is because people expect them to behave like dogs. Once you understand feline behavior and know how to properly interact with cats, they're simply the best.

Cats purr and I think they are better for cuddles. In general, cats are softer. They're also more fun to train. They make all sorts of cute little noises. Cats with catnip are awesome. And they're somewhat easier to take care of. They're probably the only mammal pet I'm likely to have in the future. There's some dogs I really like, but I'd take a cat over a dog any day.
hi i like birds
Mycorrhizae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoldOutChair » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Dogs!
Cats are nice and all, but dogs are just so awesome! I love my Boxer so much and would never trade her for anything. In my opinion they just make better pets than cats because they do better with other animals, less people have allergies to them, there is a lot of stuff like guarding, police work, military work, being a service animal, and lot's more that cats (as great as they are), just can't do.
FoldOutChair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TixZ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Honestly, I love both animals. I currently own a 8-year-old black lab name Molly. All breeds of dogs are bred for a specific purpose but cats on the other hand are just... cats! Furry feline friends make good companions just the same, but dog-owners are said to be a little more loyal of what I've heard... oh well. But even though I love both, I'd have to say I fancy dogs over cats.
TixZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Both, But If I had to choose?
It used to be dogs, But then I got
what told Myself I would never ever get.
And I think I like My kitty more than my dog
o,o
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemonkid » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 pm

I love them both, but seeing as 1, my mom could be hospitalized for being around cats and 2, my dog has really (and I mean really) helped me get over a lot, I'd say dogs!

I am a holibomber!
gif by uzkost on deviantart
Lemonkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SavvyKat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 am

I personally like cats better because most cats don't BEG for attention (not saying some don't, one of mine will never leave me alone!) like dogs do, and they are a good pet to just curl up with and snuggle, read, etc. Dogs are great for more active people, but I'm not that active. Also I think it takes people less time to understand a dog, so they gravitate to them. Cats take longer to understand, and most people don't realize that so they go in for a pet then get scratched.
SavvyKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me