Your best animal sightings?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Your best animal sightings?

Postby squamigera » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:17 am

Bellachan wrote:So when I was super young and playing baseball at my grandparents house I went to grab the ball and I saw this white thing with scales and it hissed I was scared I ran away then last year at school and then I heard the librarian was talking with me and then I told her this story, then she said it was an albino snake and (are they are rare or something?) So now I live in shock about this story

ooo, if it was all white it was probably leucistic, which is very rare to see in the wild! usually they get eaten real fast because of their lack of camouflage.
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marten » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:18 am

i saw a piebald crow once and i cried because i couldn’t get a picture
marten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:19 am

There's a Swan local to me who will eat out of your hand, it's pretty cool seeing as a Swan can break your arm pretty easily
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bellachan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 am

squamigera wrote:
Bellachan wrote:So when I was super young and playing baseball at my grandparents house I went to grab the ball and I saw this white thing with scales and it hissed I was scared I ran away then last year at school and then I heard the librarian was talking with me and then I told her this story, then she said it was an albino snake and (are they are rare or something?) So now I live in shock about this story

ooo, if it was all white it was probably leucistic, which is very rare to see in the wild! usually they get eaten real fast because of their lack of camouflage.

Oh cool and that must be it then
Bellachan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:01 am

I took my dog outside and an Eagle flew maybe 30 feet above my head carrying a shiny fish from a lake near us, its times like that when i wish i could take pictures with my eyes LOL!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sorroh » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Not very exciting stuff as a city kid, but I saw a black squirrel and was AMAZED. I remember seeing a deer for the first time and thinking it was the coolest thing ever, too. At my vacation lake, there's this tree that was struck by lightning where a bunch of eagles hang out. Such a cool sight. And, if you wake up early enough, you'll see this crane there, too. pretty neat.
When I went to Disneyland I saw a wild lizard for the first time and that was just about the highlight of my trip.
𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖍 | 𝕾𝖍𝖊/𝕳𝖊𝖗 | 𝕬𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖘
sorroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skye Selkie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Way back in 2013 our dog was going nuts at something under the shed. My dad checks it out and goes, yup there's something furry under there so me and my sister went up and it was a Tassie Devil! Our dog stayed inside the rest of the day to give it some peace and the next morning it was gone. We still have no idea how it got into our yard.
A couple of years before that a whale gave birth in the river at the beach near my house, we have yearly visits from whales but there hadn't been a recorded birth for 190+ odd years
What do I mean to you?
You have no idea what you mean to me.
Skye Selkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm

I saw a white wild turkey the other day, trying to think of other cool things... Oh yeah I swam with wild dolphins one day, had never seen them at that beach before but as soon as we hopped out they swam even further towards the shore. Hm, I also love seeing native kererus eating gauvas from trees around our house
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goner » Sun May 03, 2020 3:36 pm

A seal just casually kind of near my house on the beach
goner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruthless » Mon May 25, 2020 9:05 pm

I saw a fairly large fox litter playing in some drainage pipes and one of the cubs also happen to be piebald. I've also spotted a bald eagle in my area three different times.
ruthless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me