Your best animal sightings?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Your best animal sightings?

Postby sockwearer » Mon May 28, 2018 2:49 am

I once went to the Channel Islands, and spotted multiple island foxes! One of them had a floppy ear and was super adorable. I think I also saw an island scrub jay. On the way there, I saw striped dolphins, and I think a whale breaching in the distance!
Recently I went to a lake and found a baby snapping turtle, and saw a musky in the water! I actually have some pictures, too.
Oh yeah, and once I heard some weird noises from behind my house, so I went back there and there were three fox kits in an abandoned raccoon den!
My dad also once caught a raccoon that was living under our house in a cage to relocate it, and I got to see it! It was super cool.
I've seen a whole bunch of sea lions, since I used to live along the coast.
I have a few pictures, if you don't mind me adding them.

hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 am

a while ago, in like, 2013, in south carolina, i saw a fox on the side of the road at night, i have never seen one before, so that was cool. i was like 9
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chic 'n' stu » Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 am

I live near this park, and there's a little man made body of water that resemvles a river that runs through it. Because of this, there are ducks EVERYWHERE! They're so used to people that they'll eat out of your hands.
chic 'n' stu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Montgomery Gator » Mon May 28, 2018 3:15 am

I saw a albino Grass hopper outside near my porch a few years back and saw a black squirrel!
    'N ROLL
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    ████
    ████

☆☆☆☆☆

Image Image Image
┌──────────┐

Rex || He/Him || Adult
Transgender & Autistic
FNAF Fanatic and Collector
Trades always welcome!

└──────────┘
█████████ ██
┌────────┐

You can hide...
But you can't hide!
© coding

└────────┘
☆☆
██
██
RUN! RUN!
Image Image Image

Montgomery Gator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:54 am

Here is a few times:

When I was walking in a park with a lot of bushes and trees, there was one wire pole (thing?). And I looked up and saw a hawk or some sort of predatory bird.
Image Was on the top of something like this? (picture not mine)

Saw a stork/crane next to a lake when visiting an outdoor art museum! I watched it fly above the lake for a bit and tried to get a better view of it but then I lost it. Oh well.

Saw an opossum in a house backyard come out of the bushes and tried to cross the road. Sadly, its tail got run over. It ran back to the bushes but then I didn't see it since.

Saw deer multiple times while riding in a vehicle down a neighborhood!
Last edited by prisms. on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 am

i saw a fox crossing the road with two kits when i was out for a walk with my girlfriend - so cute! i also saw a black fox run across the road, that was pretty cool since i rarely see foxes as it is :0

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:41 am

Last summer I had a couple of neat animal encounters.
- I was out hiking and a black bear kinda just popped it's head out of the tall grass right next to me. Caught me by surprise but it was super cute. I stood my ground and waited for the bear to walk away before continuing on my journey cause I didn't want it to follow me for any reason.
- In that same summer I also just finished camping at Algonquin Park and was driving away when in the span of 5 minutes of driving, I saw a beaver swimming in a stream, a family of bears crossing the road (mom and two cubs), and two moose enjoying some leaves from the trees on the side of the road. I pulled over and got some cool pics of the moose. Anyways, I never felt more Canadian until that moment.
- Again, a hiking encounter when I found a porcupine. Thankfully no quills were lost that day.
- I was fishing and this massive snapping turtle swam up to me and started whining so I threw a worm for it to eat. It ate the worm and swam away. That boi was like half a meter long.
- Raccoon stole my food. Classic.
- I was kayaking and there was this loon that emerged from underneath the water right next to me. It started making those awesome haunting loon noises and I just love loon calls so mucchhh.
- Not exactly a sighting, more like hearing? I was camping at Algonquin Park again and nighttime in that campground is the greatest thing ever. Algonquin is known for it's wolf pack and if you're lucky you can hear them howl at night. I was lucky so I heard the howls of the wolves and it was so cool yet spooky. Also, loons like to scream at night. Combine loon calls with wolf howls and you get the best night of camping you've ever had.
Here's an audio clip of loon noises (not mine): https://youtu.be/fJR7evBb3l4
Audio clip of the Algonquin Eastern wolf pack (not mine): https://youtu.be/DcKeNmfmXmQ
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluebudgie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 pm

I walked into my backyard to find a ground hog a foot away from me. We just stared at each other for a minute, no one of us daring to move. I've also saw plenty of deer and foxes in the past too.
Christian - Image - INTJ
Feel free to message me. I'm not the best at conversations but I don't mind chatting.
bluebudgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:15 pm

I went to the smoky mountains years ago and we saw a black bear and it's cub. Very cute, oh yes.

another time we were camping and a bear was right outside the tent but I was the only one awake and while terrifying, it was pretty neat.

Another time this large hawk landed right outside my window and was just chilling. I suck at identifying birds though so...

The last time- I went on a vacation to the keys and there were all these wild deer near where we were staying so I fed them some stuff and took pictures, and let them.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm

i found a black snake in my back yard... a fox while going somewhere w/ my parents...and a white squirrel ON THE HIGHWAY IN THE TREES. A.WHITE.SQUIRREL
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me