Where do you draw the line?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Postby Jaegerthegreat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 pm

I will not eat cats or dogs normally, nor will I eat endangered/threatened species (Except Albacore I guess :T) I also won't eat elephants or primates. I have had rabbit though which is quite delicious!
Jaegerthegreat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taishou » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm pescetarian, so I eat fish and seafood, but that's it. I also won't eat certain types of seafood, such as octopus or any sort of sea mammals.
Any sort of domesticated animal especially is just a step too far for me. I just can't reconcile eating beef, for example.
taishou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:00 pm

hollythecollie wrote:
However, I say if you can kill it you can eat it. Like earning the right to eat the meat? (Writing this out sounds so dumb compared to me just saying it out-loud omg)

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, if people want to eat meat then they can and it doesn't bother me, but having said that, if everyone who ate meat these days had to kill the animal and harvest the meat themselves, I think there might be a significant increase in vegetarians.
When people these days buy meat at the store, they've been trained to look at it as food that comes from a packet, rather than actually realising it was a body at one point?

But yes, killing the animal yourself feels more like you have the right to eat it. You end up valuing its life more knowing first hand how it died, and less animals might be killed if that was how it was done.

Just my opinion, and not everyone is like that, please don't be mad at me, I mean no offense! ^^
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunset-llover » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:06 pm

hum, when it comes to meat i'm pretty flexible. i'd rather abstain from eating cat, dog, snake or rodents willingly (as i have owned all) but when it comes to fish, chickens and rabbits i'm okay with it. im fine with eating pork and beef as well.
just... eating a cat or dog just hits way too close to home. they weren't bred for food. they were bred for being companions. seems kinda insensitive and impratical, i dunno.
sunset-llover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pachoopi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 am

I don't really have a line (apart from endangered animals, of course). I don't draw a line with animals traditionally considered to be "pets," so long as the animal is raised humanely and for the purpose of becoming food (i.e. it wasn't someone's pet before). I'd really like to try more reptile meat, I've had alligator before and it was pretty good. I'd also like to try kangaroo and rabbit sometime.
Pachoopi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:24 am

Pachoopi wrote:I don't really have a line (apart from endangered animals, of course). I don't draw a line with animals traditionally considered to be "pets," so long as the animal is raised humanely and for the purpose of becoming food (i.e. it wasn't someone's pet before). I'd really like to try more reptile meat, I've had alligator before and it was pretty good. I'd also like to try kangaroo and rabbit sometime.

yeah this
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle Eye' » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 am

Cats and dogs. Like technically im not against it, but I will NEVER eat a dog or cat XD XD
Eagle Eye'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Geralt&Ciri<3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am

Depends on the induvudual and how it’s farmed, transported and killed.
No factory farming /free range, as little transport of live animals, killed by stunning first or instant death. As for hunting proper laws must be followed and laws must be judged by the number of animals No endangered species!
[url]y[/url]always looking for trades

I really hope there is a bigger ratio of chickens over rabbits for this Easter!

[/b]Autistic,mad imagination, writer, Pro 🏳️‍🌈+ Pro animal welfare, con animal rights. ban balloons/sky-lanterns ( https://balloonsblow.org/) [color=#0040FF]litter discussion💙 LOTR: Aragorn, Faramir, Eomer, Gandalf, Hobbit: Thorin Kili Bard and Beorn, Sherlock Holmes : (Robert Downy J.R.) Avatar: Jake, Tsu’tey, neytiri. Langdon(Dan Brown) most animals especially all birds, aquatic animals, cats & canines. Bones: Arastoo & Hodgins. Geralt. Ciri is fantastic! His Dark Matirials Lee, John, Will and Asriel Lyra is amazing, and daemons my newest real lifehero Zelensky<3
[b]Currently looking for pride month pets and items; pets for items.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2892043]Image Image Image Image Image Image

Credit:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2892043
Geralt&Ciri<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FamousRenaissance » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

To me eating meat is fine as long as I don’t see the process (killing, skinning, etc.) and the meat is used to its full potential and isn’t wasted, so that animal wasn’t killed in vain. I draw the line at domestic animals such as dogs and cats. I can’t see an animal I would consider family being eaten or waiting to be eaten by a human. It’s such a horrible thing to do to such a sweet animal. That’s about it. :D
Dear Mods,
I have several friends that I know in real life who I trade on here frequently and or unfairly. PLEASE DONT BAN US!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 I’m VERY patriotic, and loyal towards America. My grandfather is a veteran and has fought in wars and watched his friends die beside him, so as you can tell, I have great respect for that sort of thing. And there is nothing I hate more than when someone disrespects our country and complains about it. People fought and died for your rights to complain about our government and president. So think before you speak! Your lucky to live here, so stop complaining! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

—————————————————————————————————

✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will. ✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞

To think you can love god without being changed by him is to think you can jump in the ocean and not get wet. To really love him, you must understand that your life is going to be wrecked by him, and built again into something beautiful, something lasting.
FamousRenaissance

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HobblinGoblin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:41 am

I'm currently a vegetarian BUT, when I wasn't, I drew the line at any type of animal I'd frequently interacted with/owned as a pet. So, in the past I've eaten shark, rabbit, goat, frogs legs etc, but would feel sick at the thought of dogs, cats, guinea pigs, horses or ducks dying for my meal. Weird, I know.
HobblinGoblin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me