🐦 Falconry 🐦

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: 🐦 Falconry 🐦

Postby autobot. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:55 am

jins.alpaca wrote:
jins.alpaca wrote:
jins.alpaca wrote:Bump
autobot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enyo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:03 am

jins.alpaca wrote:Quick question:

Is falconry allowed in Ireland?
Also, I'm going to ask my parents can I go here for my birthday!~

I don't know much about Irish laws, but If there is a school of falconry in Ireland, it probably means it's allowed there.
But it's strongly possible that you can't own your own falcon without any certificate to prove your capacity of taking of such birds, and without control.
There is a place similar to that close to wear I live, where they explain and show the training of bird of preys and where I've been a few times. I think they also do some kind of formation for falconry and teach you how to train the birds and hunt with them, I wish to do that once.

Sure, Falcons and other birds of preys are not dogs, but I think a trainer can still form a bound with their Falcons.
I've seen people letting birds of preys (not necessarily Falcons) fly freely, without them, and the birds did came back everytime. An I think there is a form of trust between the bird and his trainer.
But you surely not have the same kind of bond with a Falcon than you have with a dog.
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autobot. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 am

Enyo wrote:

I don't know much about Irish laws, but If there is a school of falconry in Ireland, it probably means it's allowed there.
But it's strongly possible that you can't own your own falcon without any certificate to prove your capacity of taking of such birds, and without control.
There is a place similar to that close to wear I live, where they explain and show the training of bird of preys and where I've been a few times. I think they also do some kind of formation for falconry and teach you how to train the birds and hunt with them, I wish to do that once.

Sure, Falcons and other birds of preys are not dogs, but I think a trainer can still form a bound with their Falcons.
I've seen people letting birds of preys (not necessarily Falcons) fly freely, without them, and the birds did came back everytime. An I think there is a form of trust between the bird and his trainer.
But you surely not have the same kind of bond with a Falcon than you have with a dog.

I understand that birds of prey are not dogs, but what I mean is that on a scale of one to ten, how much do you get along with the bird. Does it trust you?

Also, I have read about needing permits.
autobot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:57 am

Its not so much trust or a bond with Birds of Prey ( you don't just use Falcons for Falconry ) as you are the soul provider of the food.
Birds of prey are trained to return to hand for food nothing more, there daily meal Is used in there training unlike with a cat or dog who's food is placed down daily a bird of prey's meal is used in the work unless its totally impossible to be flown.

I've been round birds of prey most my life and even hand raised an eagle owl and honestly I would spend a few years with someone who can teach you the ropes as a few birds do not make good birds for beginners and each require different needs and set ups.

Research is one thing but hands on and working with them gives far more knowledge.
γ€Ž Chars β€’ Art Wanted β€’ Trades β€’ credit 』
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:24 am

jins.alpaca wrote:
Enyo wrote:

I understand that birds of prey are not dogs, but what I mean is that on a scale of one to ten, how much do you get along with the bird. Does it trust you?

Also, I have read about needing permits.

yes in most areas you need a permit, but i did already say this, you need to look in your hunting law and animal -bird of Prey -keeping law in your area....
even when you got the permit to Keep a bird of prey, it does not say that you can take the bird out or let it fly but that you have to Keep it in an large aviary only....or let it fly in training leash only
Enyo did already say this with the certificate.^^

to make it easy..
.you need a certificate for bird keeping, one for hunting (if not you cant ever take the bird out and let it fly free without a special leash as it could see prey and hunt)....when you got the permit for all this,then you need to rent a place in a hunting area to go hunt with your bird for specific Prey
---- as i did say on the page bevor...look in your law for this...maybe its more easy where you life....hope you find bether information

to if the bird will be close to you....form a bond...
.its not easy like this...
sure they will have somehow a bond to there Trainer....i mean they take care of them and feed them and let them fly- Train them and so on, but they are not so close, they trust them to a point, but when they dont want to anymore they will go away or attack. they are and will always be wild animals- hunter- you never will know if they stay with you or have enough. they will not cuddle and play with you...atleast normal birds.... you can teach them things and train them to a point...but they say how long and how much and when... sure there are some falcon that are sometimes a bit more easy and gentle but you need to look around. they are often no easy pets, there needs are not easy to take care of, some are easy spooked and nervous...some are terrible hard to train other more easy and calm....and so on. you never fully know how your bird will be when it grows up.

but when i can tell you something, even when you dont read again what i write....
go for some weeks to a place where they breed and /or train this birds..... work there each day for some hours, and learn as much as possible....and see if this really is something for you.... look for a owner of such a bird neer you where you can help in the next months...learn when working with them is always best. :)
(i nearly did got sick the first day of my work month at a breeder for huntig birds ....when they did make the feed ready..... )
so maybe do as Enyo did say...look for a falconry School near you for the beginning;)

i hope you find a place and can try it out, maybe a falconry camp for Kids ad Teens.... i hope you will have fun and stay with your dream. :!:
good luck, tell how it goes!
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autobot. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:43 pm

My parents say that maybe I can go to the falconry place for my birthday, but they are not sure.
My birthday is in early july, soooo, they have time to think about it :3
autobot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:49 pm

jins.alpaca wrote:My parents say that maybe I can go to the falconry place for my birthday, but they are not sure.

That is great :D hopee they do it!! maybe tell them now and then ...when you talk with them...some new knowledge you found out about those birds or training...so they see that you really are interested in this ;) you also can go look in used book stores, normal book stores and library , for books about hunting, birds of prey, there trainining and so on....your parents maybe could help you too^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autobot. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Luzien wrote:
jins.alpaca wrote:My parents say that maybe I can go to the falconry place for my birthday, but they are not sure.

That is great :D hopee they do it!! maybe tell them now and then ...when you talk with them...some new knowledge you found out about those birds or training...so they see that you really are interested in this ;) you also can go look in used book stores, normal book stores and library , for books about hunting, birds of prey, there trainining and so on....your parents maybe could help you too^^

my parents both know how much i love falconry!
autobot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enyo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Angelus Gaston wrote:

Its not so much trust or a bond with Birds of Prey ( you don't just use Falcons for Falconry ) as you are the soul provider of the food.
Birds of prey are trained to return to hand for food nothing more, there daily meal Is used in there training unlike with a cat or dog who's food is placed down daily a bird of prey's meal is used in the work unless its totally impossible to be flown.

I've been round birds of prey most my life and even hand raised an eagle owl and honestly I would spend a few years with someone who can teach you the ropes as a few birds do not make good birds for beginners and each require different needs and set ups.

Research is one thing but hands on and working with them gives far more knowledge.

You hand raised an eagle-owl... Wow, that's impressive (both the bird specie and the fact you've hand raised it)! These owls, they're so huge and fascinating. I'm still very happy that I've seen one while walking in a wood by night a few weeks ago... So being able to hand raise one... That would be one of my dream! (Maybe I'll be qualified enough one day, who knows?).

jins.alpaca wrote:Luzien wrote:
jins.alpaca wrote:
My parents say that maybe I can go to the falconry place for my birthday, but they are not sure.

That is great hopee they do it!! maybe tell them now and then ...when you talk with them...some new knowledge you found out about those birds or training...so they see that you really are interested in this you also can go look in used book stores, normal book stores and library , for books about hunting, birds of prey, there trainining and so on....your parents maybe could help you too^^

my parents both know how much i love falconry!

I also hope your parents will let you go there for your birthday! It's great that they're comprehensive.

Me it's even because of my parents and my family (especially my father) that I love bird of preys so much... So they wouldn't be surprised if I began to really take falconry lessons... In fact, I'm almost sure that if i really begin to do that, my father will want to come with me :lol:
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

@Enyo yep I've helped with Buzzards, Barn Owls all sorts of birds because of my Uncle. A Buzzard we called Beitty ( pronounced B-T) we once spent 2 hours looking for after she flew of chasing a dog. This a fully Maned but sometimes she still wouldn't listen if something more interesting went passed.

I dont really do Falconry much know as the garden isn't large enough for a descent sized flight but I have a friend who owns a Harris Hawk which we work with my Lurchers.
γ€Ž Chars β€’ Art Wanted β€’ Trades β€’ credit 』
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery