Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
34
23%
My rabbits are companion pets!
75
51%
I raise show rabbits!
16
11%
I use rabbits as a food source
9
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
5
3%
Other...
9
6%
 
Total votes : 148

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby rose.bloom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

My dad high-key told me they will be surprising me with a bunny this spring! Ahh, can't wait!
❁ bloom // 16+ // bisexual // she/her // comp. surfer // future exotic animal specialist or zoologist ❁
User avatar
rose.bloom
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Glass Of Water » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 am

So update on Ollie!!
Ollie is doing monumentally better. It turns out, after keeping him under observation for a few hours, he started exhibiting classic snuffles symptoms. So, we treated him with a low-grade antibiotic along with yogurt, syringe-fed him water every few hours, and kept him separate from the others.
After a few days, he began to eat! Now he's running around and growing his hair back!
Image

━━ une immense espérance a traversée la terre ━━

┏━━━━━ ♥ ━━━━━┓

christian / enfp / violinist

┗━━━━━ ♥ ━━━━━┛


"In other news, a recent report suggests that things may not be as they seem."
currently cheating on welcome to
night vale with king falls am


Image

━━ une immense espérance a traversée ma peur ━━
User avatar
Glass Of Water
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:15 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby 'Possum » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Glass Of Water wrote:So update on Ollie!!
Ollie is doing monumentally better. It turns out, after keeping him under observation for a few hours, he started exhibiting classic snuffles symptoms. So, we treated him with a low-grade antibiotic along with yogurt, syringe-fed him water every few hours, and kept him separate from the others.
After a few days, he began to eat! Now he's running around and growing his hair back!

That is awesome news!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
'Possum
 
Posts: 24217
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby LeiaWolfe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Glass Of Water wrote:So update on Ollie!!
Ollie is doing monumentally better. It turns out, after keeping him under observation for a few hours, he started exhibiting classic snuffles symptoms. So, we treated him with a low-grade antibiotic along with yogurt, syringe-fed him water every few hours, and kept him separate from the others.
After a few days, he began to eat! Now he's running around and growing his hair back!


Oh, that is absolutely wonderful to hear! You must have been pretty scared XD
Image
ImageImageImageImage
Leia // Kylo Ren // Star Wars // Wings of Fire // writing
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey~! I'm Leia! I love Star Wars and the book series Wings of Fire. I am a Chrstian c: My PM box is always open so feel free to have a chat!! I also love to write stories (especially fantasy ones involving magic!) c: I have a Netherlands Dwarf rabbit named Aurora (Aura for short) who was born on the 8th Dec 2016.
Image

credit
xxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
LeiaWolfe
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:27 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Not much new going on here, rabbit wise! I adopted another guinea pig a couple weeks ago tho. lol
Image
Image

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Tuli . Jää . Ginger
🐱 Mama . Bella
🐰 Beau . Goose
🐹 Pippa . Jaxon . Merida . Ray
🐭 Basil . Rosemary
🐟 Geralt . Carnage . Clarence . Abe
User avatar
_breezy_star_
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:36 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby ToxicHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am

Hello,
I just found myself in the care of a 4-month-old lionhead bunny and despite the research, I'm trying to do I was hoping for some advice. I have him blocked off in a section of(A rather large section too) he keeps jumping at the barrier and trying to get out what can I do to help keep him occupied.I know he doesn't like being confined as he throws a fit whenever I close him in his cage even for a few mins. I plan to go get him some toys but he won't even pay attention to the ones he already has(other than my cat he loves her already.

I would love any tips and tricks for raising a bunny feel free to message me or post on here to reply.
User avatar
ToxicHeaven
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 am

ToxicHeaven wrote:Hello,
I just found myself in the care of a 4-month-old lionhead bunny and despite the research, I'm trying to do I was hoping for some advice. I have him blocked off in a section of(A rather large section too) he keeps jumping at the barrier and trying to get out what can I do to help keep him occupied.I know he doesn't like being confined as he throws a fit whenever I close him in his cage even for a few mins. I plan to go get him some toys but he won't even pay attention to the ones he already has(other than my cat he loves her already.

I would love any tips and tricks for raising a bunny feel free to message me or post on here to reply.


Oh boy. Sounds fun. xD lol

Things to jump on, things to go under. Things to chew.
Image
Image

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Tuli . Jää . Ginger
🐱 Mama . Bella
🐰 Beau . Goose
🐹 Pippa . Jaxon . Merida . Ray
🐭 Basil . Rosemary
🐟 Geralt . Carnage . Clarence . Abe
User avatar
_breezy_star_
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:36 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby drift. » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:34 am

I didn't find this chat when my old man american rabbit Ace was still around but I'm adopting a black mini rex in the next few weeks.

Here's a photo of him provided by the rescue; I've met him in person and he's so sweet <3
His name is Charles, but since that is the rescue's name and a human name doesn't seem very fitting for pets in my eyes I've renamed him Banjo; just the way he bounces around reminds me of one ???


Image
User avatar
drift.
 
Posts: 5786
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:28 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

He has such kind eyes!! I love the name Banjo. :lol:
Image
Image

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Tuli . Jää . Ginger
🐱 Mama . Bella
🐰 Beau . Goose
🐹 Pippa . Jaxon . Merida . Ray
🐭 Basil . Rosemary
🐟 Geralt . Carnage . Clarence . Abe
User avatar
_breezy_star_
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:36 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby LeiaWolfe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm

kodiak ♡ wrote:I didn't find this chat when my old man american rabbit Ace was still around but I'm adopting a black mini rex in the next few weeks.

Here's a photo of him provided by the rescue; I've met him in person and he's so sweet <3
His name is Charles, but since that is the rescue's name and a human name doesn't seem very fitting for pets in my eyes I've renamed him Banjo; just the way he bounces around reminds me of one ???


Image


Awh, he looks like he has such velvety fur c: The name Banjo totally suits him? May I ask, how old is he?? <3
Out of curiosity, XD
Image
ImageImageImageImage
Leia // Kylo Ren // Star Wars // Wings of Fire // writing
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey~! I'm Leia! I love Star Wars and the book series Wings of Fire. I am a Chrstian c: My PM box is always open so feel free to have a chat!! I also love to write stories (especially fantasy ones involving magic!) c: I have a Netherlands Dwarf rabbit named Aurora (Aura for short) who was born on the 8th Dec 2016.
Image

credit
xxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
LeiaWolfe
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:27 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest