Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Is it spring yet?!?! There is still a ton of snow on the ground here. I can't wait until it's gone and I can let the rabbits on the grass in their pen....

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:16 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying their quarantine time! I work at a school, so I have a lot of time on my hands... did a deep clean of the rabbit cages and rearranged the whole shed the other day. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ancient Frost » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 pm

_breezy_star_ wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying their quarantine time! I work at a school, so I have a lot of time on my hands... did a deep clean of the rabbit cages and rearranged the whole shed the other day. lol

I've been hoping to spend more time with my rabbits. Socializing, cleaning, perfecting the feeding schedule but have found that I'm very lazy and TV is tempting. I did try to take one for a walk but, they don't really walk. They just sit there so I probably won't do it again.
Ancient Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star_Bun » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

oh man, my baby girl is gonna get spayed the 31st! As long as nothing else happens with the virus (my state isn't on lockdown or anything yet, just restrictions) everything will be going as planned. I'm a bit worried for her as it's a major surgery but also very excited she's losing her uterus privileges because she is a hormonal mess and I'm tired of her trying to hump me every time I walk in my room lol
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

Hi ! I'm star_bun, but call me star < 3
I'm always open to PM's and making
new friends !
avi and signature art by
nervousdog

Star_Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Star_Bun wrote:oh man, my baby girl is gonna get spayed the 31st! As long as nothing else happens with the virus (my state isn't on lockdown or anything yet, just restrictions) everything will be going as planned. I'm a bit worried for her as it's a major surgery but also very excited she's losing her uterus privileges because she is a hormonal mess and I'm tired of her trying to hump me every time I walk in my room lol

I've had a couple girls like that too. :lol:
Good luck!!
Last edited by _breezy_star_ on Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm

ATTENTION

** I finally got the images hosted again! No more dumb watermarks! :clap:

** If you ever have things you think I should add to the welcome posts, please let me know! :D Like helpful links or fun facts.... or maybe even a whole new section!

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

MOVING ON...

**I used to show rabbits (sold out 3 years ago) and have a ton of carriers and cages sitting in my parent's friends barn... and one of my friends has kids that are now in 4-H and she said she would trade be some bunnies (and pay me the rest) for all my stuff. lol So in the next couple months, I might have a couple mini rex. :mrgreen: It's been a long time since I've had one. She has a little tort baby that I thought was cute, and broken chocolates... but there was also a really cute broken black otter too. I might have to get all 3! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is one of the babies :D

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm

hi guys! I’m rose and honestly can’t remember if I’ve posted here before or
not but I wanted to show off my baby boy who I’m going on probably 4 years of having?
I was originally intending to purchase a netherland dwarf or mini lop, but ended
up getting this boy (some sort of lionhead mix? my best guess is polish x lionhead)
when his family was rehoming him because they got him for their sixteen year
old daughter thinking he would be a super snuggly love to be held and affectionate pet
and then she got bored of him :( don’t get me wrong with time and patience and knowledge
of how bunnies do show their affection they can be loving but I hate how so many
people just have the complete wrong idea about what type of pet they actually are.

okay rant over anyways here’s my baby his name is Boonz. we think he’s probably around
4/5 but really don’t have a for sure answer. correct me if I’m wrong but I think his
markings would be considered black tort? he lovesss apples and playing outside in our garden!
anyways nice to meet you all!!
Attachments
F03A2402-8CB0-49AC-BE20-6A8FE7D13CE8.jpeg
F03A2402-8CB0-49AC-BE20-6A8FE7D13CE8.jpeg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 14 times
0278E633-B73F-487E-94C8-CDD5EAA325C6.jpeg
0278E633-B73F-487E-94C8-CDD5EAA325C6.jpeg (36.17 KiB) Viewed 14 times
BADB672B-5037-4F6D-9F5D-2DA488E8F49E.jpeg
BADB672B-5037-4F6D-9F5D-2DA488E8F49E.jpeg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 14 times
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:05 pm

rose.bloom wrote:hi guys! I’m rose and honestly can’t remember if I’ve posted here before or
not but I wanted to show off my baby boy who I’m going on probably 4 years of having?
I was originally intending to purchase a netherland dwarf or mini lop, but ended
up getting this boy (some sort of lionhead mix? my best guess is polish x lionhead)
when his family was rehoming him because they got him for their sixteen year
old daughter thinking he would be a super snuggly love to be held and affectionate pet
and then she got bored of him :( don’t get me wrong with time and patience and knowledge
of how bunnies do show their affection they can be loving but I hate how so many
people just have the complete wrong idea about what type of pet they actually are.

okay rant over anyways here’s my baby his name is Boonz. we think he’s probably around
4/5 but really don’t have a for sure answer. correct me if I’m wrong but I think his
markings would be considered black tort? he lovesss apples and playing outside in our garden!
anyways nice to meet you all!!

Awwww, he's very cute. Yes, that is a black tort. He could just be a single mane lionhead. :)
I have one too. Her name is Davey. She was left in a box on somebody's porch and I got a call to save the day. xD Turns out she's evil. :lol: But I don't mind.... I used to show rabbits, so I am very used to hormonal females. lol I love her just the same.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 am

@rose.bloom

Boonz is so adorable! I'd say he's just a single mane lionhead as well. I have a R.E.W lionhead named Romeo and a netherland dwarf named Echo c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:48 am

Weather is finally getting more consistently warm... Been spending a lot of time in the rabbit shed! I am trying to free up a large enough area for a free roam pen with the foam tiles... make it especially more fun for them while I clean their cages. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes