Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby 'Jordan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 am

This girl has been surrendered into my care yesterday. Her original owners got bored of her and dropped her off at some friends of mine. But they couldn't keep her because they are still in the process of moving in and weren't even prepared for a bunny. So we tried to see if my old thuringer girl gets along with her since she just lost her buddy recently.

So far they seem to get along fine.

[size=85]
Benji, November 5th, 2002 - July 19th, 2018

[/size]
'Jordan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:56 pm

nervousdog wrote:Volkswagen is literally the biggest pest in the world omg
First off, he has an iron stomach or something- and I thought rabbits were supposed to be delicate .
He is constantly sneaking around and eating things he shouldn't and making a mess ???
From tv remote buttons to freaking jolly ranchers, anything he can get away with grabbing is ingested and its SOOOO frustrating . Like, little dude, you CAN NOT DIGEST THESE THINGS STOP IT .
Just two minutes ago I was chilling in the living room and heard some noise in the kitchen, I eventually got up only to get coffee ( I assumed my boyfriend was the one making noise in the kitchen ) and what do I see ? My dumb butt rabbit had torn open a PACKET OF RAMEN and was eating it .

He also eats cat food which I absolutely hate him doing . Its to the point where the cat only gets fed when VW goes into his cage and she is conditioned to know that when I lock him up she gets food .

He has also never been sick though ? But fter we get our cat into the vet for her teeth I definitely want to get Volkswagen in for aa good checkup, since I dont have a vet where I currently live and he hasn't been to one since he was neutered .

Okay rant over lol

EDIT : So I had just chased him out of the kitchen and not even five minutes later I go back in and HE HAS GOTTEN INTO A HOT COCOA PACKET . With wet feet from stepping in the water dish . So now his feet are chocolaty .
I am so done . He has just recently started to act up really really bad with getting into things .
I've blocked off the kitchen so he can't get in to it anymore .

Haha, i just laughed so hard reading this :lol: :lol: I think that what you should do is just pack the things you don’t want him to touch away and spend more time with him one-on-one. He might be asking for attention by doing naughty things, or he’s just bored and wants playtime with a human.

good luck,, <3
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Haha, i just laughed so hard reading this :lol: :lol: I think that what you should do is just pack the things you don’t want him to touch away and spend more time with him one-on-one. He might be asking for attention by doing naughty things, or he’s just bored and wants playtime with a human.

good luck,, <3

Yeah, my sister and I think he doesn't have enough stimulation and is just bored . I bought him some new toys this week and am planning on getting him a puzzle toy or two next week ! So hopefully some new toys and some mental stimulation will help him out .

I really want to get him a baby ( bunny ofc lmao ) so he has a friend to play with while I'm busy during the day but currently can't take in another animal . And honestly, he isn't the most fond of other animals ??? So Im afraid to get him a friend and work on introducing them and bonding them and he just rejects/ hurts the baby . I wouldn't get a full grown rabbit, as Volkswagen is very dominant and is used to being the ruler of his roost so I feel a baby would allow for a higher success rate of bonding .
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 am

nervousdog wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:Haha, i just laughed so hard reading this :lol: :lol: I think that what you should do is just pack the things you don’t want him to touch away and spend more time with him one-on-one. He might be asking for attention by doing naughty things, or he’s just bored and wants playtime with a human.

good luck,, <3

Yeah, my sister and I think he doesn't have enough stimulation and is just bored . I bought him some new toys this week and am planning on getting him a puzzle toy or two next week ! So hopefully some new toys and some mental stimulation will help him out .

I really want to get him a baby ( bunny ofc lmao ) so he has a friend to play with while I'm busy during the day but currently can't take in another animal . And honestly, he isn't the most fond of other animals ??? So Im afraid to get him a friend and work on introducing them and bonding them and he just rejects/ hurts the baby . I wouldn't get a full grown rabbit, as Volkswagen is very dominant and is used to being the ruler of his roost so I feel a baby would allow for a higher success rate of bonding .

ah that sucks, i understand. my bun's partner died last year, and i want to get him a friend to hang out with when i'm at work/out of the house, but i'm afraid he wouldn't like the new rabbit. it would really suck to have to house them separately or return the new bun to the shelter, you know?
anyways, good luck with possibly getting a new bunny & keeping volkswagen entertained!
Last edited by acadicus on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star_Bun » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:33 pm

I came into my room after putting my son back to bed from waking up for a drink and Curie was on the bed. So naturally, I sat on the floor next to the bed and pet her while she sat on the edge. This bun started giving me KISSES ALL OVER MY NOSE AND FOREHEAD 😭😭💖💖 I thought it was sooooo cute until I realized a few minutes later that she was just BUTTERING ME UP SO I WOULDNT BE MAD AT HER BECAUSE SHE PEED ON MY BED AGAIN. 😡 I’m just so flabbergasted cause I want to be mad at her but it’s just so funny???

███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

Hi ! I'm star_bun, but call me star < 3
I'm always open to PM's and making
new friends !
avi and signature art by
nervousdog

███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Star_Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:13 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:Thanks guys I’m gonna pick up a used box trap tomorrow and hope for the best. Stray bunnies are a big problem in many neighbourhoods in my city, but I’ve never seen one in my neighbourhood before. Because there are so many of them the humane society doesn’t have the resources to catch them unless they’re injured. He doesn’t seem hungry at all, when I try to lure him over with food he’s not overly interested which makes sense because there’s so much grass and dandelions out there to eat lol.

I think the hares kicked him out of the field he used to live in so he now seems to have moved to the park right across the street which is very convenient for me haha.

Getting a bit more food doesn't outweigh their prey animal instinct, this is probably why he doesn't come close. Buns are so far down the food chain, they might come to love and trust their owners, but still run away/don't come too close. Especially this poor bby D:
Hopefully you can catch them! keep us updated!

@nervousdog
OMG VW is such a bad child :'D
I've caught mine eating a plastic trash bag with gusto, thank goodness only a little bit, but still.
Why would they eat this instead of everything else they have in the room, for example the hay/leafy greens/fruit!! OTL

@Star_Bun
LOL I bet you'll be extra suspicious the next time she's this loving! :'D
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 pm

My babies like to rip up linoleum or their pen’s flooring when they’re feeling naughty :’)

They’re not much for chewing though, which I’m grateful for. I built them a nice hutch inside the pen a year or so ago, from wood, and I still can’t see any damage at all!

One of my girls gets out of the pen on occasion. I guess she forces her way out, but can’t pull the door open from the outside. She locked herself out and then gets very upset. She just sits there waiting for me to let her back into her home lol. I just feel bad when I come home after a long day to find her like that because I don’t know how long she was waiting. I’m trying to be more careful with the latch now that she has discovered this weakness lol

Interestingly her cagemate never ever follows her out. He only jumps out of the pen when I say hi and sit outside of it with the door open. Even then he just prefers to stand in the door way. The girls are more curious about world. Luckily the worst runner of the bunch isn’t able to get out on her own anymore!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunMoth » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:45 pm

I have a polish cinnamon named Ella She is less then a year old and the absolute best! I can make her do a few tricks and is interested in learning more! Theres a picture of her on my oekaki? gallery. And oh my gosh i love this rabbit so much i can talk about her all day and i will! We hang out together on my desk, she eats some snacks while i mess with clay. We have three dogs whole all love her except one but that one doesnt like anyone and avoids the other dogs. But the other dogs love her! They are always licking her which she gets annoyed with after a while and tried to attack them but the dogs didnt care. And i think i will stop myself here.
Pet's name: Ambassador Of Friendship
SunMoth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:27 pm

My dogs love to lick my rabbits... Ginger will sit there and lick their ears... I don't think they particularly enjoy it. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:36 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:My dogs love to lick my rabbits... Ginger will sit there and lick their ears... I don't think they particularly enjoy it. :lol:

aww babies
my cat loves grooming my bun after they play X3
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets