Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Need Help Naming Bunnies!!!

Postby Altairbear » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Collie and flower!

That name is sooo funny. I love those kind.
Ive got 2 rats with harry potter theme names and two frogs named ghost and buster. (Obviously the ghost is an albino frog >.<)
Altairbear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby ice.cream.headache » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:39 am

Hello!! I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask for advice but i’ve had two holland lops (brothers, both fixed and a bonded pair) since march, but i still can’t get them to trust me. They have a pen in my room where they are most of the time (the cords around the house are out of reach so we let hem hop around w/ supervision) and when i walk in my room they quickly run back inside it.. I just can’t seem to get them to trust me. Is it normal to take this long for buns or is there something i’m doing wrong?
╒ ═════════ ╕

alex~he/him~gay
hi i'm alexander,,
i like bears and
plants. i welcome
trades and dms
lf:light tan corgi, lions

trade | wishlist
dm me | ©
─────────

└──────────┘

LF:Image
ice.cream.headache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 am

ice.cream.headache wrote:Hello!! I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask for advice but i’ve had two holland lops (brothers, both fixed and a bonded pair) since march, but i still can’t get them to trust me. They have a pen in my room where they are most of the time (the cords around the house are out of reach so we let hem hop around w/ supervision) and when i walk in my room they quickly run back inside it.. I just can’t seem to get them to trust me. Is it normal to take this long for buns or is there something i’m doing wrong?

Some bunnies are timid. Try just sitting on the floor with them and reading a book or watching a video on a laptop (nothing with scary noises though unless you have Bluetooth headphone), completely ignoring them. They might become interested when they don't feel they are being watched.

You can also try hand feeding them treats such as fresh bunny friendly fruits! The sweet smell should encourage them to face their fears.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ice.cream.headache » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:
ice.cream.headache wrote:Hello!! I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask for advice but i’ve had two holland lops (brothers, both fixed and a bonded pair) since march, but i still can’t get them to trust me. They have a pen in my room where they are most of the time (the cords around the house are out of reach so we let hem hop around w/ supervision) and when i walk in my room they quickly run back inside it.. I just can’t seem to get them to trust me. Is it normal to take this long for buns or is there something i’m doing wrong?

Some bunnies are timid. Try just sitting on the floor with them and reading a book or watching a video on a laptop (nothing with scary noises though unless you have Bluetooth headphone), completely ignoring them. They might become interested when they don't feel they are being watched.

You can also try hand feeding them treats such as fresh bunny friendly fruits! The sweet smell should encourage them to face their fears.

Okay!! I will try that!! tysm! <3
╒ ═════════ ╕

alex~he/him~gay
hi i'm alexander,,
i like bears and
plants. i welcome
trades and dms
lf:light tan corgi, lions

trade | wishlist
dm me | ©
─────────

└──────────┘

LF:Image
ice.cream.headache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm

I have 4 buns. Planning on breeding this summer. Most I've had was like 30-40

Anyways.

Names:
Panda, Rogue, Cookie, and Peanut.
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm

I have my three since the end of March and the two does are pretty okay with being touched and very friendly towards me. I can also pick them up shortly.
He, on the other hand, didn't even let me touch him at all. During the last few weeks I've tried to bond with him and it is very hard and slow, but we're taking baby steps here. I can touch him for a very, very short time now.

The key is to listen to your bunny too. He shows me clearly when he's had enough and I leave him alone then. No chasing, no trying more, just let it be then. I often also stop even though he's still being okay with it - to show him, that I will also stop on my own and not only when he tells me to.

Although he is very, very curious and quite often the first to come to me, he is more okay with just looking. But bunnies are, after all, not cuddly pets and especially if they live with other bunnies it can be that they are more focused on their partners than us humans.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 am

hey guys! i would love to update you on rocky, who we know call boonz!
as some of you may or may not know, i got him on easter
(please don't lecture me about this we didn't get him FOR easter
thats just how the timing worked out, and we rescued/adopted him). at
first i addressed the concern of him being shaky with you guys,
but we took him to the vet and she say's nothings wrong. so besides
that he has settled in nicely :))

he absolutely adores my garden in the backyard and does
the cutest little binkies and sploots everywhere. i have a ton
of adorable photos of him that i'll have to upload.

when we adopted him they listed him as a californian, but
honestly im still laughing because he is clearly not a californian
at all, which i could tell from the photos. he seems to be a
polish and lionhead mix? in any case i love him very very much!
hes my little spoiled baby who i spend more than 4 hours a day
just cuddling and playing with, ha!

anyways, i feel so lucky and grateful to have gotten such
a sweet bun! he has let me pick him up since the getgo
and doesn't mind being petted or held. his favorite thing is definitley
just to sploot down next to me and watch some youtube,
or run around the garden! whats your buns favorite thing to do?

i do have one question for you all though...
does anyone have any experience with harness/leash traning?
i wouldnt push boonz into it if i didnt think he would be up
for it, but considering his temperament i want to try it.
please let me know how you started, what harness you used, etc!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:18 am

Glad to hear he is doing well!
Some rabbits take to harnesses very well, others hate it! lol I had a few rabbits that I tried rabbit hopping with, and some would just lay down and refuse to move with the harness on. lol Sort of how I imagine a lot of cats would react. :lol: Others didn't mind it at all and went right to bouncing around as usual. Just start off in a hallway or something kind of closed of in case they freak out. Harness first, just so they get used to having it on for a while. Then when you add the leash, that's always fun... they don't realize that they are attached to you and some try to run off when they realize that they are being restrained. :lol: That's why I suggested the closed space. We all know rabbits can injure themselves pretty easily, especially if they try to launch off like a rocket.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:11 am

eee I keep stalking this thread and I'm so jealous of all you bunny owners. Wanted to get one all my life but my house backs onto a coyote territory (can't get rid of them either because it isn't our land). I'm moving out next year and got so excited and was hoping I could have a baby bun of my own but sadly I will be moving onto a military base and they don't allow "exotic pets" including rabbits.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:41 am

Any other bunnies out there shedding a ton? Petting little Boonz lately has been like petting a german shepherd!
also this is a random question, but I thought it'd be fun to here your guys answers!
favorite coloring and/or bunny breed? mine would have to be magpie holland lop or harlequin holland lop! I
just love those colorations! and adore the little hollands. was originally planning on buying
a holland lop, but even though i didn't get a holland, now im so glad i ending up adopting
instead! couldnt have asked for a better bun. did you guys choose to get your rabbit from
a breeder or to adopt?
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me