Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What sort of dog out of these?

Pug
7%
Labrador
10%
Husky
24%
Chihuahua
7%
German Shepherd/Alsatian
25%
Pit Bull
19%
Cocker Spaniel
8%

Total votes : 369

Re: Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Postby Okabudge » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:30 am

I genuinely can’t choose, but I’ve only ever owned boxers, so they’d have to be my first pick. I love their temperament and loveable nature, plus they keep me active and get me out of bed in the morning. But they do have a whole host of issues stemming from being a brachycephalic breed- they are also prone to hip issues and just have a shorter lifespan than smaller dogs.

I think my dream dog is a tie between either an English Springer Spaniel or a Samoyed. When I was a kid, I learned about the Iditarod race, and by extension, Samoyeds; I immediately fell in love. Unfortunately I can’t own one in good conscience unless I move to a colder climate- it gets really hot in the summer in my state.
    A much more suitable candidate for my lifestyle would be an English Springer Spaniel. They’re gorgeous dogs and incredibly affectionate, but their high energy could pose a problem for me as I work night shift and dogs tend to exercise during the day. Also, as hunting dogs, they have a very high prey drive, which would be problematic as I already own 3 birds.

Honestly there’s so many great breeds out there that it’s hard to choose, but if I’m being honest with myself, the best dog breed for me currently is none. I love dogs, but they have a level of responsibility that just doesn’t mesh with my current lifestyle and schedule.

budge | he/him | adult
just your average guy trying his best. i draw sometimes!
my inbox is always open if you need anything~
gallery / pets / message
sig source

Image Image Image
Okabudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkWren » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:14 am

German Shepherd Dogs. I have worked professionally with dogs for several years, including as a trainer and I've done sporting as a hobby with one of my dogs too. I have 4 dogs, one is a Dalmatian, then a Golden Retriever, a working Great Pyrenees/ Anatolian mix and then my GSD. While I love all of my dogs my GSD is just something else. The temperament of the breed is really ideal in every way for me, especially being generally safe around my livestock (horses, cattle, chickens, barn cat) but also being protective. He is out of very good Czech working lines, both parents are titled working dogs, and he is almost a year old now about to start doing bitework training for protection. I would like to have a well bred Chihuahua in the future also, but I will never be without a GSD again. He's also a beautiful animal.
DarkWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viperly » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:03 am

Collies. I had always wanted one since I was a young child. I even had a stuffed collie named Lassie. I really liked everything I had read out about their temperaments. Finally got the chance to adopt a collie last year and I couldn’t be happier. :) She’s absolutely perfect and everything I had dreamed of. She’s sensitive, but not neurotically so. She’s *insanely* biddable. She lives to please us and loves to be told what to do. It’s a nice change from the dogs I grew up w lol.

My bf wasn’t so sure at first, but he’s absolutely fallen in love with her also. (He’s used to labs and poodles.) We’re collie people now lol. I want a whole gaggle of them.
Viperly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koala89silly » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:14 am

Ach. There are so many amazing dog breeds that it is hard to pick from them! I love Australian Shepherds (I have one), Black and Tan Coonhounds, Rough Collies, Huskies, Boxers, Golden Retrievers, Bernese Mountain Dogs, and many, many more.
┌──────────────┐

"𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝
𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚕𝚢,
𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚜
𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎"

└──────────────┘
┌─────┐

└─────┘
koala89silly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Terracotta Tone » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:44 pm

I have always loved huskies, and they will forever be in my heart, but I own a cute little Jack-Chi (Jack russel chiwawa mix) and she is tiny
▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆ Honeycomb ▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆

Wheeeeee

▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
link link link ©
▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆ ▆▆▆ ▆▆▆ ▆
Terracotta Tone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ph0enicks » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:46 pm

samoyeds and shiba inus!! they’re my dream pets a love them so much! also black labs because she was my childhood pet and she was perfect

Image/ /Image
> aether | he/him | sig cred <
─────────────────
███████████████

ph0enicks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JunYura » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:16 pm

If I had to choose definitely Rotties. I grew up with 2 of them. And I miss them so much. But my all time favorite kind of dog will always be mixed breeds/mutts ♡
JunYura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XrosepetalX » Sun May 14, 2023 3:58 pm

Huskies have always been my dream dog and I love them so much. My friends have all told me that I share energy with huskies because of how energetic and loud I am at times LOLLL
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌────────────┐

❀ F L O W E R ❀
aries
adult
infp
audhd
she/her & fleur/fleurself
genshin &
honkai enjoyer

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
| | ©

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
" One with the forest ! "

└────────────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘

XrosepetalX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:08 pm

Greyhounds! They are so me. Low energy, loveable, with bursts of zoomies!
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:13 pm

Half Siberian Husky Red wolf mix reason why 1 because I owned one her name was Shiva we didn't know she was a wolf at the time or rather my mother didn't, and she had gone all the way to Canada to pick her up! Shiva was a one of a kind sweet as could be wolf dog though mess with her family and she'd show her fangs. Why because it feels cool to say I've had a wolf for a pet? no rather I had a goofball for a pet also wolf Halfbreeds are gorgeous and husky's in general are powerful runners fast too and very vocal!

J̷̧̠̦̺͆͊̐̐̈̽̽̃̈́ǔ̶̘̠͖̪̺̻͈̭̪̊͐͒̍ͅṣ̴̢͕̪̫͇͇̞̠͂̈̀ţ̶̢̬̗̫̰̀̈́̍ ̴̡̖̱̝̝̟͎̪̗̍̾͊̊͆b̷̨̭͓͇̅̋̌ͅę̴̯̪̰͎̼̖͌̈́͋̂̒̑̐͊̑c̷̨̬̜͌á̴̜͝ư̷̡͍̯̫̾̎̃̀̀́͂̀ś̶̛͉̕̚ē̸̖̹̹͔̫̪̣̔́͂̂͌̈͜͜͜ ̶̢̛̅̓͝͠͝Ị̶̆̀ ̵̨̢̛̱̭̘̘̭̝̏̍͗̈̑͂ͅs̶̖͕͍̉̄̋̀͛̀̈͗͐a̵̟̞͓͚͚̓̾̀̉͠y̸̹̎́͆̀̒́̕͝͝ ̵̢̠̖̄͋͛̕͠͝Ȋ̷̢̜̬̺͙̫͒̓̅̓͑̅̈́̋̚'̸̼̜̻͔̭̥͘m̸̢̤͎͚̺̪͛̓̈́ ̶͓̥͈̀̀ḃ̴͉̃̈́r̴̖̜̣̘͑̕ͅó̴̻͎͚̣̠͖͍̈́̈́̎͒͌̈ḵ̴̢̝̱͈͎͂̋͗͜e̴̻͕̺̟̽̊̐̆̚n̶̪̞͕̐̓̅̏̒ ̶̢̡͉͉̼̠͉̠͔͚̂́͝d̶̛͕̲̲̀̅͗͐͑̓̆o̸̟͕͂́͊̆̐͑̏̄͘͜ë̸̘̪̭̦͙̱̫̞̲́͆s̴̩͉̫̈͋ṉ̶̢͔̙̻͕͍͐̂̓̒͒͂̽͜'̶̬̯̥̿̐̂̓̏ť̴͓̲̦̩̩̿̒͊͋͐̍͜͝ ̷̫͉̫̘͙͇̺͆͐͊̉̈̈́m̶̛͖̺͙̣̎̆͊̈́̃̽͋ë̶͓́̓͠ǎ̵̼̥̓͑͝n̸͚͖͙̜̠̭͖̔̈́ ̶̢̦̪͎̠͙͕͛̂̓̌͐̊̅̽Į̶͕̩̲̭̪̄̇ ̸̡͙̋̉́̈͝͝a̶͇͉̫̜̾̄̕m̸̧͍̀́̋̒̈́̾͊̚̚͝

[/size]
]
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
ImageImage
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes