Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby awakening souls. » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:42 pm

Whataboutlove wrote:We just put my dog down an hour ago due to cancer. How do I cope? :(

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I think Imzadi has given the best advice anyone can give you. The dog community is here for you if you need. <3
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowwrowell » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Whataboutlove wrote:We just put my dog down an hour ago due to cancer. How do I cope? :(

Im so so sorry for your loss. Imzadi has given you the best possible advice. You could always talk to me. Grieve, have some comfort food, and talk about it. Ill be here if you want to talk to me. If you want a link to the comfort corner chat here. Ill give it too you. Again, Im so sorry about your loss.
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchblades » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:23 pm

my dad took him on almost a mile long bike ride (he has shoes!!! his feet are fine!) a few hours ago. he's snoring very loud..i think he's broken...... hm
-------------------------------------------------------
this is my first time posting on this thread.....this is Angus, he's a very, very vicious american pit bull terrier. can you tell?
[ click the image for more pictures !! ]
mostly ia. only on to collect.
witchblades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 pm

witchblades wrote:

my dad took him on almost a mile long bike ride (he has shoes!!! his feet are fine!) a few hours ago. he's snoring very loud..i think he's broken...... hm
this is my first time posting on this thread.....this is Angus, he's a very, very vicious american pit bull terrier. can you tell?

OMG he's adorable. I love his sweet face.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plecostomus enjoyer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:39 pm

witchblades wrote:

what a sweetheart! he's got beautiful fur, and aaa, that nose! <3
hi im luce! im a disabled adult player. my pronouns are it/it/itself and hy/hym/hyr.
i love fish and i have two dogs, a border collie mix named rosie and a hound named chance!
all my pets, items and c$ can be traded in exchange for lorwolf and flight rising currency
plecostomus enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skypoppy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:46 pm

witchblades wrote:

That’s a scary dog.

Definitely not adorable
:lol:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hey! i'm sky!
i like music and animals
i have a lot of nostalgia for this site
so i hop on occasionally
always open to trades, my pets
are kinda rotting
she/her

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

skypoppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Chloe has been getting so much better with me clipping her nails, I can do multiple nails at a time and file them with a nail file without her pulling her paw back or getting up and leaving. I'm so proud of my girl. :)
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 am

a lil rant and PSA to start off 2018 with keeping your pets safe.

yesterday i went to an event. there was a lot of people, loud music playing, it was by a busy road, etc. just a very stressful situation. a few people brought their dogs. each one i saw was stressed but some more so than the rest. anyways, somebody had brought their dog and she ended up taking off so she was so terrified. a few people went looking for her but to all our disappointments we couldn’t find her. it was dark and cold and now theres a scared dog running around a busy road. i hope she found somewhere safe and warm or went home or something of that sort.

i know it may sound fun to bring your pets to a pet-friendly event. just because its pet friendly doesnt mean its friendly for YOUR pet. pet friendly means there can be loud noises, aggressive animals, etc. it doesnt matter if your dog is an ESA or a SD or whatever. you need to keep your dog in your house or car (if its not very hot). they dont need to be brought with you unless you want a miserable dog.

be smart and keep your pets safe. dont be selfish.
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 am

witchblades wrote:

He's so pretty! How old is he?
-

JJ ate Santa Claus. Oops.

Edit: I also FINALLY got around to trimming Pete's nails. He's terrified of... everything because of lack of socialization, so trimming his nails is a pain and he'll hide under the bed. Today though I got him calm enough to trim his front paws. It'll be a while before the quick recedes to where I want it to be, but that's okay.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lying beast. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Okay, so next late next month we're planning on getting Bond neutered, we decided to wait a little, so he'll be either a few days under 10 months or exactly 10 months, and I want to take him to a new vet for the neutering.

The clinic we've gone to has been good 2/3 of the time. It's attached to a local pet store/ ranch store, and it's a pretty small clinic.
The bad visits we've had included us having to get a fourth parvo shot, because one vet tech said we didn't space out the vaccines enough (we had spaced them out 3-4 weeks like recommended). The other visit was with an actual vet, because Bond was having some weird bumps on his tummy, so we went to go check it out. The vet wasn't really too nice, but I guess it was just how he is. But what really through me off was when he started talking about flea treatments for Bond, and I told him that I wasn't really fond of the one a different vet from that clinic gave me because I read it could cause some serious problems, like seizures. He then went on to say that the different brand of the flea treatment (it was an oral one) was the one that only caused seizures, however on the website of the one i used, it did in fact warn about seizures.

Otherwise, we've had a different vet and tech work with us before, and it was a lot nicer, but I really just don't want to go back, plus they're usually booked fully on weekends, so I decided it would be a better idea to go for a more bigger and higher rated clinic for more serious things, should I go with my gut and go to a nicer one or not ?
'Vois sur ton chemin
Gamins oubliés égarés
Donne leur la main
Pour les mener
Vers d'autres lendemains'

was A. Ham
lying beast.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes