Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Paranoia » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

I swear my cats just love making me spend money hahah.
I got them and one was on antibiotics, provided by the shelter. He eventually got over it and then got sick again shortly after. I took him in and he received another dose of antibiotics, this time a shot rather than a medicine I administered and he got over it. Now once again he is sick no longer than a month later, so this is his third time with an URI. When I got them I also had to treat them for a VERY mild case of fleas. Didn't even realize they had them until a couple days in and luckily was able to get rid of them all very quickly without a sign of them returning after months of them (My kittens) being here.
And now just today one of them threw up worms. Unsure which one but I have a good guess being as his belly is a bit distended and his appetite hasn't been quite the same the last few days. Other than that he's acting fine so I'm hoping his spaghetti intestine friends aren't bothering him too bad.
I'm just glad I work at a veterinary clinic because I think I'd go broke with the two appointments I've already had on top of antibiotics and now the couple courses of deworming medication both of them will need.

I just feel bad I couldn't catch the worms earlier because he's probably had them for awhile, but I guess what can I do when he's been asymptomatic up until now.

P.s. they're both indoor cats and have been since I got them. So, I just seem to have a stroke of bad luck with my boys.
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colorful Dreams » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 am

I have recently become an official cat owner to the most sweetest cat I've ever met. Her name is Kiki and she's a tuxedo cat. We found her as a kitten(turning into an adult) wondering the streets and she would often come by our house often. It was December and it was extremely cold that day when I was returning home, when I found her in a loaf like position on one of our chairs outside. I couldn't stand seeing a little baby so cold so I immediately brought her in. She's already been to the vet and she's very healthy now (she's also a big cat now). I love her so much<3 she literally has not a single bad bone in her body. Also she's getting spayed soon and she'll be wearing a cone! X)
Colorful Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 am

Show me your cat's eyes! Meow has this curious red around the edge of his green eyes that I'd never seen so vividly in a cat and it got me looking at the eyes of other cats. There is a whole lot of variety!
This pic also shows his rather crooked nose

Izzy has frosty almost blue eyes! Kinda the color of a Snow Leopard's

But this kitten has the prettiest I've seen

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am

Hello, I need help!?!
My friend recently got a cat
An old, senile lady used to own her and didn't clean the litterbox, so she learned not to use it and instead goes everywhere. She needs to retrain her to use it because her parents get mad when she does it on the floor.
Any suggestions....?
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 am

BudgieLover5000 wrote:Hello, I need help!?!
My friend recently got a cat
An old, senile lady used to own her and didn't clean the litterbox, so she learned not to use it and instead goes everywhere. She needs to retrain her to use it because her parents get mad when she does it on the floor.
Any suggestions....?

There are lots of articles and videos you could find, but I recommend that whenever the cat happens to get in the litter box, even if they don’t use it but at least get in, praise her with a treat or by petting her. Most importantly, make sure it’s very clean so there’s nothing making her not want to use it. I also recommend having more than just one litter box and putting them in a couple different rooms. There are also some products, or just even a citrus spray or some sort of water citrus juice combination that can be sprayed where the cat most commonly is going outside the litter box as they hate citrus, but never directly spray it on the cat! Finally, I recommend not using scented litter or a covered litter box, and trying a few different litters to see what she likes best. Hopefully one of these helps and good luck to your friend :)
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirta000 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello, I'm a crazy cat lady and I have 5 cats ^^

Well, I never intended to have 5 cats, however my female cat got preggers and we decided to keep some of her babies. I can afford to support them and we give them all a lot of love and affection, so outside of needing to clean the floor daily and getting weird looks sometimes the family is doing fine.

This is tiny, I called a baby PPS after her. She is a fairly large cat, however she stands so much smaller than her brothers, hence the name.

Biggy and JoJo. Biggy is a very hairy lap cat (hello daily hover, nice to meet you) and JoJo is incredibly playful.

Grey with her new family. One of the kitties that we gave away. We had a litter of 6 (one didn't make it due to birth defects) and kept 3. The idea was to keep 2, however the lady that wanted the 3rd cat got into a very bad car crash, so we thought it would be polite to keep that option of still adopting our baby open to her.

Our mother cat.

And this is Han. Han is highly not photogenic rescue cat. He is not the father of the children (Han has been neutered).

Before anyone asks, I'm neutering them all. Mamma cat was not neutered because we really wanted one litter of kittens... Eventually... They just so happened to be from a local Tom cat rather than any kind of arranged deal, but I don't regret it one bit.
mirta000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 am

I found this thread and wanted to post my two kitties Marilyn and Mia. I've had cats before but they are the first cats that are my cats alone to care for. I love them <3

Marilyn is a tuxedo and she loves to cuddle and fall asleep on or next to me. She also follows me around everywhere but pretends that she doesn't. Mia is a grey tabby but she also has dots on her feet, stripes AND spots, as well as white patches along with some strange tan patches everywhere, either way I love her. She sleeps in a different place for a few hours throughout the night, and everyone in my family believes she sleeps only in their rooms.
Attachments
IMG_8501.jpg
Marilyn
IMG_8501.jpg (111.58 KiB) Viewed 130 times
fullsizeoutput_c1d.jpeg
Mia
fullsizeoutput_c1d.jpeg (263.06 KiB) Viewed 130 times
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:05 am

mokuroh wrote:Show me your cat's eyes! Meow has this curious red around the edge of his green eyes that I'd never seen so vividly in a cat and it got me looking at the eyes of other cats.

Lovely photos... I've not got any as good that I can share, but I think Meow's red line is a vein in his eye - nothing to worry about and it does give a lovely effect. The ginger kitten's eyes are stunning, I hope they stay that colour. We once had a little blue kitten and when her eyes were changing from baby blue we were convinced they were going to be orange. Sadly they turned yellow like the rest of her family's.

In my experience (though not doubt others will contradict me :) ) green eyed cats are quite rare. I've had 14 cats, and - with the exception of the four colourpoints with blue eyes - all but one have had yellow eyes. Only one green eyed cat in all of those.
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kangals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 am

hello all~
    i've had three cats in my lifetime; an orange tabby named zinny, a persian/siamese mix named shasta (after the daisy), and a russian blue named stormiss (storm just seemed to manly for 6 year old me). unfortunately, zinny and shasta have been gone for a while, and stormiss lives with my parents. i've been looking for my own cat for about a year now, and recently i stumbled upon a 5 month old seal-point siamese boy, born in a cattery but put up for adoption. why? because he's blind in one eye. when i met him, i fell in love, but while i have plenty of experience with regular cats, i have no experience with blind ones. does anyone have any experience with blind cats that can say whether it's a significant difference or not? would it be irresponsible for me to take him without proper experience? is there anything i need to be conscious of, other than depth perception, infections, etc.? what extra care will he need, and how can i make him feel most safe around me?
    feel free to pm me or just reply here! thank you so much!
kangals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darth Daddy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 am

Hey there,
I might be owning my first cat soon (or maybe he's going to own me :D)!
He is a black and white young cat, used to be a stray and was wild-born. According to the shelter/care station he is a calm cat most of the time. I might visit him soon to see if we "match".
Darth Daddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me