Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby .Coffee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 am

Hey there! So my baby Ruby, who's fourteen years old and pretty healthy, had been vomiting quite a bit so we took her to the vet. Since she had developed a heart murmur recently they were concerned about heart disease, got some BMP testing done and did the senior bloodwork a little early, all that good stuff.

Well, she's good to go, so it's not heart disease! They're fairly sure it's a gastrointestinal issue so they recommended switching her from normal wet food to special sensitive stomach wet food. We've done a bit of research and we're going out to buy some later today but I was wondering if anyone has had specific experience with sensitive stomach food or if there are certain foods they'd recommend over others?Thanks!
☧ Catholic | ISFJ | Toddler mom

I pop on here every once in a while but I'm not super active.
.Coffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Does anybody know anything about cat proofing backyards? A friend of mine recently moved into some pretty small quarters (a mobile home on some land) and her cats aren't liking it so far. She talked about catproofing the yard so they could have more space so that's why I'm asking. They're indoor animals, so by catproof, I mean making it escape proof.
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:05 pm

What do you feed your cats?
      Curious to know what everyone feeds their felines.
      What food? Amount? How many times a day?

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:06 pm

hey ;-; my kitten got ran over not so long ago.. her name was ginger and i really do miss her... it happened two days ago at around lunch time to afternoon :( I'm getting a new kitten but I do miss ginger very much. </3 shes in my profile picture.. we gave her a very amazing life... she left too soon ;-; in my area, alot of cats have been seen dead lately on the side of the gutters in the streets, I don't know if someone is delibrately knocking cats over to kill them or is it some bad luck phase going on :( I dont know... its very devastating!
heres something i included in my adoption center (cat care campus)....

I'm just going to put this down here <3 in loving memory my baby girl that passed away today (on 2/4/2018) ;-; love you ginger :'(

oakhearted wrote:Image

heres a collage of her moments as she was alive here with us </3... ;-; me and mum and the family miss her so much ;-; can't believe she passed away today :'(

here's another note... good news is that i'm going to be getting another kitten similar to ginger, her name is Fraya, she is white with dark grey-blackish patches on her with greyish green eyes, I'll be picking her up tomorrow (5/4/2018) hopefully! ^^" this time we'll keep this one inside... but we still miss ginger very much </3
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:10 pm

BudgieLover5000 wrote:Does anybody know anything about cat proofing backyards? A friend of mine recently moved into some pretty small quarters (a mobile home on some land) and her cats aren't liking it so far. She talked about catproofing the yard so they could have more space so that's why I'm asking. They're indoor animals, so by catproof, I mean making it escape proof.

This depends on what type of fence your friend has, but there are installments you can buy for fences that cats can't climb or jump over. This and this are good examples.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Queenie! wrote:
BudgieLover5000 wrote:Does anybody know anything about cat proofing backyards? A friend of mine recently moved into some pretty small quarters (a mobile home on some land) and her cats aren't liking it so far. She talked about catproofing the yard so they could have more space so that's why I'm asking. They're indoor animals, so by catproof, I mean making it escape proof.

This depends on what type of fence your friend has, but there are installments you can buy for fences that cats can't climb or jump over. This and this are good examples.

I wish I had that for my cats, but I dont know how much it'll cost here in Australia... :(
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm

King Kakashi wrote:

My mum does most of the feeding, so in terms of amounts, I'm afraid I'd be guessing, but we feed our cat Felix wet food and a brand called 'purely' dry food, twice a day.

We tried to feed her a higher quality wet food as I personally would rather keep away from the lower quality stuff, and looking at the ingredients makes me cringe, but when we changed over to the "better" food Jess went off of her food which was unfortunate.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 pm

lesbian wrote:
King Kakashi wrote:

My mum does most of the feeding, so in terms of amounts, I'm afraid I'd be guessing, but we feed our cat Felix wet food and a brand called 'purely' dry food, twice a day.

We tried to feed her a higher quality wet food as I personally would rather keep away from the lower quality stuff, and looking at the ingredients makes me cringe, but when we changed over to the "better" food Jess went off of her food which was unfortunate.

Yet feeding your cat wet food constantly can be very bad for your cat, they need to have a diet of dry food too... yet when I had my kitten.. she hated dry food at first, but she got into having tiny bits of it, Also my dogs eat wet food thats designed for cats too.. lol
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minty Bunni » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Remember how I said awhile ago I would show a picture of Berlioz?

Well, here she is on my lap last weekend. She turns 1 in less than 2 weeks and she is an amazing companion. (Even if she does freak out over company and attack people who try to brush and bathe her)
Attachments
IMG_20180331_120551_499.jpg
My rehabilitated feral cat last weekend.
IMG_20180331_120551_499.jpg (380.15 KiB) Viewed 48 times
My little sister pogo789 and I share an Ip address.
Watch the new pumpkin pet grow:
I enjoy trades.
Minty Bunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Minty Bunni wrote:Remember how I said awhile ago I would show a picture of Berlioz?

Well, here she is on my lap last weekend. She turns 1 in less than 2 weeks and she is an amazing companion. (Even if she does freak out over company and attack people who try to brush and bathe her)

Aww cute... sadly I had a bad experience not so long ago...
Last edited by Zeena on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There's no need to keep quoting the same thing multiple times
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me