Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby nervousdog » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 am

Hiya !! I own two cats, a orange tabby male and a brown and white tabby female . Named George and Fiona respectively ( neither names by me, or they would have crazy weird names lmao ) . I'll quickly attach images of the below since I'm on my phone rn ! : )

I feed them mainly dry food, which is available 24/7 as long as the rabbit isn't out ( he will eat it the glutton ) . But I also feed wet food almost every day . They get 1/8 of a can each . So each can lasts 4 days between the two of them .

My question
Does wet food have to be refrigerated when opened ?

Currently I have been keeping opened wet food ( with a lid on ! ) in the fridge . I'm just curious if it's necessary !

Also here is a pic of them tolerating each other from a little bit ago : ) George is much older but is the new one in the house so they are still working on being "friends" ! But they are civil and coexist fairly well now : )

F337C3D0-767A-4E78-942D-8F08AAAE4F6E.jpeg
F337C3D0-767A-4E78-942D-8F08AAAE4F6E.jpeg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 88 times
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:14 am

Can I join this club/ chat if I have more then one cat? I have 5 ;-;

Mads | adult | he/it
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Hello! My name is Mads. I'm
a wildlife scientist working in animal rescue
and rehabilitation. Currently busy with work,
so replies may be slow! Feel free to shoot
me a message or a trade, however. ^-^
Currently seeking; cobweb bunnies!
1.5k c$ art contest
ImageImage
art by my bf <3
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:16 am

Island Rat wrote:Can I join this club/ chat if I have more then one cat? I have 5 ;-;

i guess if they are your/"your"(family) cat, and real and not digital, or synthetic, imaginary friend, and not borrowing someone else's cat. then it counts
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saffrons » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:45 am

Couldn't resist getting my boyfriend's cat something for christmas heh. I just got him a lil catnip toy :>
█▓▒░xxxxxxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░○
█▓▒░
█▓▒░xxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░He/him
█▓▒░Snake dad
█▓▒░Bi
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
♦Worms come out of the woodwork♦
♢Leeches crawl from out of the dirt♢
♦Rats come out of the holes they call home♦
♢I fall apart and the snakes start to sing♢
saffrons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:18 am

saffrons wrote:Couldn't resist getting my boyfriend's cat something for christmas heh. I just got him a lil catnip toy :>

oh no. better give the receipt incase kitty wants to exchange! hahaha. that is funny right?

anway. Gary's wound seems to be healing better since I put a bread style e-collar. I'm told some scabs will eventualy come off, and I fear they will be in my bed and I unintentive untill I find it a week after it comes off.

he is a bit older, I don't know how to play with him again as a flirtpole/cat wand might not be possible.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 am

Hey y'all! I adopted a new cat recently (her name's Pygmy because she has GIANT eyes) and she keeps drinking out of my dog's water instead of her own? Both of them have those big water dispenser thingies, even though the cat's is a little smaller because she doesn't drink that fast, but I've only ever seen her drinking out of the dog's water. Her water dispenser is right next to her food bowls, and she knows she's not allowed to get into the dog's food, so I don't know why she's drinking out of my dog's water bowl? Is it a territorial thing? Is it about the size of the dispenser? Is it because the dog's everything is always better and she's a jealous beastie? Every cat I've had has barely touched their own water but loved drinking out of my dog's. Anyone know why?
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am

AtlasHyperion wrote:Hey y'all! I adopted a new cat recently (her name's Pygmy because she has GIANT eyes) and she keeps drinking out of my dog's water instead of her own? Both of them have those big water dispenser thingies, even though the cat's is a little smaller because she doesn't drink that fast, but I've only ever seen her drinking out of the dog's water. Her water dispenser is right next to her food bowls, and she knows she's not allowed to get into the dog's food, so I don't know why she's drinking out of my dog's water bowl? Is it a territorial thing? Is it about the size of the dispenser? Is it because the dog's everything is always better and she's a jealous beastie? Every cat I've had has barely touched their own water but loved drinking out of my dog's. Anyone know why?

Cats don't generally like their water right next to their food. Most will still drink it if that's the only place their water source is ... but some are bothered more than others.
Here are some other tips if it really bothers you.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:43 am

Araphen. wrote:Cats don't generally like their water right next to their food. Most will still drink it if that's the only place their water source is ... but some are bothered more than others.
Here are some other tips if it really bothers you.

I didn't know they preferred that! It doesn't bother me, I just wanted to know why Pygmy was being so weird. Thanks for the info!
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minty Bunni » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:34 am

So the no kill I used to work with has a new semi-feral boy looking for an owner experienced with socialization of ferals.

I think I'm in love but my 2.5yo rehabilitated feral girl hates orange kitties. RIP

Edit: The semi-feral boy in question is an orange tabby
Edit 2: I visited him when I dropped off my holiday donation. He is such a good boy, even if he is a little spooked by movement. He gave me some slow blinks after I spent a few minutes talking to him from across the room.
Last edited by Minty Bunni on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My little sister pogo789 and I share an Ip address.
Watch the new pumpkin pet grow:
I enjoy trades.
Minty Bunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frito » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 am