Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby sorroh » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Does anyone else have cats that are super dog-like? I'm pretty sure the people who gave him up had him as an outdoor cat, however where we live there is traffic, raccoons, big birds, and all sorts of other cat-life endangering things. We've seen lots of outdoor cats not make it to their full life because of coyotes, too, so all our cats are indoors unless hanging out with us in our fenced-in backyard. But Crowley is a nutcase. Our other two cats are afraid of the outside, meanwhile he's more excited to get outside than the dogs are. He will chirp and scratch at the door if you head in the general direction of one, he will hiss at you if you try to take him inside before he has had his fill, he's attempted to escape the backyard (and has been successful, because if you're not looking he'll sneak out with the dogs and an hour later he'll be scratching at the front door). He is just so dog-like, we've never had a cat like him. Here's a picture of the big boy. Image
π•·π–Žπ–‘π–Žπ–™π– | π•Ύπ–π–Š/π•³π–Šπ–— | π•¬π––π–šπ–†π–—π–Žπ–šπ–˜
sorroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:54 pm

^^My cat is relatively "dog-like."

I've trained her to walk with my stride on a leash and fetch. She obeys hand-gestures that I worked with her to make in order to get her to sit, high-five, and spin.

I'm so proud of her. I adopted her as an adult kitty (she was a stray who had been captured with a litter of kittens), and when she first came home with me she was so scared of people that she couldn't stop shaking. She was also incredibly malnourished, and had a few diseases to work through.

She surprises me every day, and I feel really bonded with her. It's cool to see what kitties are capable of with the right amount of time and effort.
v Help me with my hoard? β™‘ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 am

how often do cats normaly poop? it just seems Gary poops a lot. unless it's because the stool is soft. which had been examined by a vet. people on line tell me to give him pumpkin. I guess if he was wild, and eating guts, he would get fiber. and I'm so hoping he is not sensitive to chicken. chicken is almost unavoidable
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnigh19 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:56 am

Heres Oliver

Midnigh19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sun May 10, 2020 9:28 pm

is there any way to stop a cat from meowing/crying/yelling in the morning? my family's bedroom is in an addition to an upper level and open, so there are no doors. this is a problem on weekends as they can sleep in. (not so much now that one works from home for time being)

i can touch gary, feed him, play with him, he'll eat and then cry for something. he can't cry it out as it keeps them awake, and if I keep tending to him, he'll get worse. if I think i want to sleep more, I don't want him in bed anymore because he'll be in my face. (even paws in face)
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Mon May 11, 2020 1:03 am

meat interruption wrote:is there any way to stop a cat from meowing/crying/yelling in the morning? my family's bedroom is in an addition to an upper level and open, so there are no doors. this is a problem on weekends as they can sleep in. (not so much now that one works from home for time being)

i can touch gary, feed him, play with him, he'll eat and then cry for something. he can't cry it out as it keeps them awake, and if I keep tending to him, he'll get worse. if I think i want to sleep more, I don't want him in bed anymore because he'll be in my face. (even paws in face)

I had a similar problem with a night-crier.
I solved the issue with a Feliway plug-in (sort of a feline facial hormone diffuser). It may be worth looking into but idk if it will help.
v Help me with my hoard? β™‘ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samm. » Mon May 11, 2020 7:51 am

does anyone have any good, affordable, cat food recommendations? my cats, both indoor and outdoors, are on meow mix currently and have been their whole lives, but i know it's one of the unhealthier brands out there and i'd like to switch them to something better. the problem is my family is on a very tight budget and a 22lb bag of meow mix costs $15.95, which is a steal compared to some brands that charge that much for a 5lb bag. counting my indoor and outdoor cats, i have ten cats total, probably more because a lot of the more feral strays also like to come up and eat out of my bowls. their ages range from 15 years all the way down to around 8 months, dunno if that factors in to deciding brands or not, but figured i should mention it. price is honestly what's going to be what determines whether or not they get switched over to something else. i don't have any money of my own, my dad is the one who pays for their food, and if it's too expensive, he'll say no and that will be the end of the discussion. are there any affordable brands out there that, while they might not be the healthiest, they're better than meow mix and also around the same price?
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

╔════════════════════════════╗
elliot / ellie, or sam | genderfluid | he/they
single | polyromantic demisexual | polyam
omnist | covenless witch | scorpio / ox
infp-t | chaotic good | poet | listo

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
samm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon May 11, 2020 8:21 am

☽serenity wrote:
    does anyone have any good, affordable, cat food recommendations? my cats, both indoor and outdoors, are on meow mix currently and have been their whole lives, but i know it's one of the unhealthier brands out there and i'd like to switch them to something better. the problem is my family is on a very tight budget and a 22lb bag of meow mix costs $15.95, which is a steal compared to some brands that charge that much for a 5lb bag. counting my indoor and outdoor cats, i have ten cats total, probably more because a lot of the more feral strays also like to come up and eat out of my bowls. their ages range from 15 years all the way down to around 8 months, dunno if that factors in to deciding brands or not, but figured i should mention it. price is honestly what's going to be what determines whether or not they get switched over to something else. i don't have any money of my own, my dad is the one who pays for their food, and if it's too expensive, he'll say no and that will be the end of the discussion. are there any affordable brands out there that, while they might not be the healthiest, they're better than meow mix and also around the same price?

We're also on a tight budget, and we've got our cats on Purina Indoor Delights. It's around the same price and my cats seem to like it fine. It's also somewhat better than Meow Mix in terms of nutrition. Just remember that when switching foods, you need to do it gradually so your cats don't get upset stomachs.
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
x
x
x

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present
β™‘

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sun May 17, 2020 10:35 pm

Bitters wrote:
meat interruption wrote:is there any way to stop a cat from meowing/crying/yelling in the morning? my family's bedroom is in an addition to an upper level and open, so there are no doors. this is a problem on weekends as they can sleep in. (not so much now that one works from home for time being)

I solved the issue with a Feliway plug-in (sort of a feline facial hormone diffuser). It may be worth looking into but idk if it will help.

well, it's that he will hear me stirring. so then he yells for me. even if i hold him, let him. when I stop he still yells. he talks as we walk to his food dish, he'll eat and then talk some more.
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Tue May 19, 2020 3:07 am

meat interruption wrote:
Bitters wrote:

well, it's that he will hear me stirring. so then he yells for me. even if i hold him, let him. when I stop he still yells. he talks as we walk to his food dish, he'll eat and then talk some more.

One of my cats was returned to shelter for being exactly like yours vocal when he gets fed in morning and after he gets fed. He was actually returned to a shelter for the exact reason that I absolutely love him for. Being overly vocal and affectionate.

Some things to consider:

Is your cat actually waking people up?

If not then he may not be as loud as you think he is. [Although some cats are pretty loud my oldest one is.]

Are people sleeping through his meowing?

Has only one or multiple people complained about being woken up?

Is he doing it at night?

If so is he going to where his food bowl is when you get up at any point.

How often is fed through out the day?
My cats get 3 meals a day. Breakfast lunch and dinner.

Is he doing it to just you?
If he is this may be because you are his person and his care taker.

If he's primarily going to his food bowl every time it's possible that he wants food and your attention.

I can recommend that if you feed him at the same times every day and night perhaps scheduling a play time during the day can tire him out he might enjoy it and it could help with the whole wanting your attention everytime you get up or stir.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me