Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby heartsteel » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:35 am

i wasn't too sure if i was going to post anything about this because, well, i'm not really one to vent in the first place, but it's a pet site and i am currently 11 hours into a 12 hour shift where i've fallen asleep at my desk twice out of exhaustion with how little sleep i have due to it. i'm going to cw the bad stuff and censor it with transparency.

[cw: animal health emergency] my cat had a seizure yesterday, and it was the scariest thing i ever saw. he fell to the ground out of his cat tree and then began to seize while yowling, and i had no idea what was happening. i've never seen a seizure happen so violently, and never in an animal. i work at a hospital, so i'm surrounded by health emergencies and even death, but animals are different, and this was scary. [cw end]

i took him to the vet and was told not really to worry about it unless he seems to get worse, and i haven't noticed anything so far. my hopes is that he just got something into his mouth he shouldn't have and this is a one off -- i've already got a 2k bill for him because he snuck up some pretty severe bladder stones on me!

i don't have any pictures on my work computer, but here's the little cs pet i have to represent him and his silly-cringy name that fits him very well:

because my apartment is quite messy and i'm not entirely sure if this emergency was due to him getting into something or not, i went out and bought him a massive carrier (10x his size!) fitting a cat bed and a litter box and some food and water, just to keep him safe for now. even if it was unrelated to him chewing on some wrapper i can't get picked up at the moment, i would rather him [cw: above] have a seizure in a cage, than to fall out of his cat tree while it happens again. [cw end]

things will be easier when my partner comes to stay with me next week. but for right now, i'm just stressed, and exhausted. and i hope everyone else is having a bit of a better weekend. LOL
██
─────────────────────
ash / adult / any pronouns
─────────────────────
███
███

─┐
██
██
██
██
sig credit: keir;
────────────
██

██
Image.Image
───────────────────
i love you, ratty <3
───────────────────
heartsteel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:35 am

.trash wrote: i wasn't too sure if i was going to post anything about this because, well, i'm not really one to vent in the first place, but it's a pet site and i am currently 11 hours into a 12 hour shift where i've fallen asleep at my desk twice out of exhaustion with how little sleep i have due to it. i'm going to cw the bad stuff and censor it with transparency.

[cw: animal health emergency] my cat had a seizure yesterday, and it was the scariest thing i ever saw. he fell to the ground out of his cat tree and then began to seize while yowling, and i had no idea what was happening. i've never seen a seizure happen so violently, and never in an animal. i work at a hospital, so i'm surrounded by health emergencies and even death, but animals are different, and this was scary. [cw end]

i took him to the vet and was told not really to worry about it unless he seems to get worse, and i haven't noticed anything so far. my hopes is that he just got something into his mouth he shouldn't have and this is a one off -- i've already got a 2k bill for him because he snuck up some pretty severe bladder stones on me!

i don't have any pictures on my work computer, but here's the little cs pet i have to represent him and his silly-cringy name that fits him very well:

because my apartment is quite messy and i'm not entirely sure if this emergency was due to him getting into something or not, i went out and bought him a massive carrier (10x his size!) fitting a cat bed and a litter box and some food and water, just to keep him safe for now. even if it was unrelated to him chewing on some wrapper i can't get picked up at the moment, i would rather him [cw: above] have a seizure in a cage, than to fall out of his cat tree while it happens again. [cw end]

things will be easier when my partner comes to stay with me next week. but for right now, i'm just stressed, and exhausted. and i hope everyone else is having a bit of a better weekend. LOL

the crate is a good idea, while you are unsure on the trigger to keep him safe.
keep an eye on him for the next day or so , make sure you write down some place when he had it so if he has another you have a record! its very helpful in the future (have a dog who has one every 5ish months)

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cat Chat 2

Postby Serpentes.Skull » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:45 pm

This is CJ (Camilla Jean) He is turning six this year, he eats all his food but is losing weight still, he likes to beat up dogs like BIG dogs, he had beat up a red bone coonhound, husky,German shepherd and a large mutt. He has jumped in hot ashes, fell down 3 flights of stairs, ran over by a bike, and had a abscess tooth. Little dude is still here and doing great, he has probably lost eight of his lives lol. Please tell him happy birthday its in august!
══════════════════
Camie
She/her

𝕓𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕖𝕤
xxxxxxxImage
𝕚𝕟 𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

[Skittens] - [Coding shop]
[SD]
Serpentes.Skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Olivenose » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:54 pm

Serpentes.Skull wrote:Image
This is CJ (Camilla Jean) He is turning six this year, he eats all his food but is losing weight still, he likes to beat up dogs like BIG dogs, he had beat up a red bone coonhound, husky,German shepherd and a large mutt. He has jumped in hot ashes, fell down 3 flights of stairs, ran over by a bike, and had a abscess tooth. Little dude is still here and doing great, he has probably lost eight of his lives lol. Please tell him happy birthday its in august!

AWWWE HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMILLA JEAN

i have a cat named Loki, he survived a fire but his mom rejected him due to a burnt off ear and so he's got some stunted growth, he's a little boi, he's black with a white slash on his chest and reminds me of a more aggressive ravenpaw
We got him almost exactly two years ago
he's a skrunkly, and he never gives cuddles, except for when youre sick, then he won't leave you alone. when he goes outside, he goes into puma mode, his eyes slit, he runs everywhere, slinks, climbs HIGH in trees, and if you touch him he b i t e
my friends joke that he's a manifestation of the norse god loki, which honestly wouldn't suprise me as a pagan
Olivenose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Infailia » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:55 pm

This is Nabisco, he's around 10 but likes to act like he's close to death to get pity treats from guests. He's very laidback and doesn't care about anything that happens to him; pick him up, move him, poke him - the most you'll ever get is a sigh. Like all cats, he thinks that every second he isn't eating he's starving but that's okay, I love him anyway.

ღ any/all pronouns
ღ trades welcome
ღ always tired

Infailia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:58 am

Serpentes.Skull wrote:he eats all his food but is losing weight still

Hello! Eating well and losing weight can be a symptom of many things but I've had a few cats with chronic kidney disease that presented with it (as well as frequent urination, etc.) including younger cats. I'd suggest making a vet appointment for CJ!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:14 am

how did it take me so long to find this thread i?????? will edit/update after i do this one chore with my cats lol

okay now that that's done!

first we have Jinx, a household menace and a danger to everything edible within the house. he's a tomcat, and stupid as a rock to boot lol. he loves food and treats and honestly i cant blame him. my sister has told me that he has weird body language and that she hasn't seen it in her cats (she currently owns three) so that's fun! we got him following the passing/disappearance of my old man Panther <3

then there's Lila and Kita, the sisters. Lila is a diva, but loves cuddles and will actually hug you when you hold her!! i love her dearly but also wish she would be nicer to the others sometimes. Kita is a born killer, and is very proud of what she kills! she has brought us many dead (and some not yet dead) animals over the years the most recent of which was a large mouse and a skink! i love her more than i can express and would quickly hand over my soul for her <3<3<3 both of them live outside and are put up into their cat house at night that my pa built for them lol

finally there's Valentine. she's a wild child that is even more of a killer than Kita. she tries repeatedly to kill the wrens (to my ma's anger and annoyance) and brings us dead things all the time and will yell at us to come see it until we come outside. we love her though, and really shes lucky to be alive! dad found her on the coldest day of the year which happened to be my birthday (not kidding about this) and she was starved to the bone, cold to the touch, and stunk horribly. sadly none of that is me being over-the-top. after nursing her slowly back to life which included a lot of bundling up, egg yolks, and yogurt, she's now very fit and very happy!! she has a bit of a "smoker's meow" as we like to call it, where her voice sounds scratchy and rough, we assume it's from her calling for help so much that she wore out her vocal cords! but shes a really happy cat and a sweetheart <3<3

sorry for all the text! tried to keep it short but Valentine has a lot to her lol
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hi hello howdy wazzup!!!
I'm Maple!
Mostly here for art/adopts!
Comms/art trades? closed :3

Adopts<3 wrote:ImageImage
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:45 pm

LittleMaple wrote:he's a tomcat, and stupid as a rock

Ah, a classic!
      Every tom I know is certainly more brawn than brains, though in the case of my 1yo he doesn't have much of either lol.

(welcome to cat chat!)
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outlawzzzz » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:01 pm

Marking! And sending a PM with 2 of my current kitties. <333

❀ꗥ~ꗥ❀ "𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎." - 𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚, 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙊𝙛 𝙐𝙨 ❀ꗥ~ꗥ❀

"𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸'𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏.' - 𝙅𝙤𝙚𝙡, 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙊𝙛 𝙐𝙨

Intj-T / Intp-T
MY ART SHOP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4866300
Lesbian 🧡🤍💗
outlawzzzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:52 am

I’m getting my little man tomorrow… it took me nine months to find another boy to love since my heart boy passed away in my arms….

Heart boy; tigger.

My new boy Cheeto.
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets