Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Lemon Tea Rain » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:41 am

I want to post an update about the stray (nicknamed Old Fella or 'Oldy') we "adopted!"

1) After he came back from the vet, there was no need to have him closely supervised and we were advised to re-release him in to our garden. We did, but we've been feeding and giving him water daily, and he's been sticking around more and more to the point he almost entirely stays in our garden during the day.
2) Since we have our own adult cat, we've been working on getting them familiar in supervised lil situations! Daisy (the name of my cat) has always been an indoor outdoor cat, so of course she had some rivalry, but we've now gotten to the point we can all spend an afternoon in the garden without either cat feeling threatened, both being comfortable enough to sleep/eat/be pet in the other's presence.
3) Lastly, we don't want to remove Old Fella from his safe environment entirely - he isn't a fan of being indoors at all (he's made that clear) and we're happy to allow him to live in our garden. We've been worried about rain, though, so we made him his own insulated, fully waterproofed cat house outside! Today was the first day we saw him use it, and I couldn't be more pleased about it~

Tiny house tour! Sorry for background noise and vertical filming ehehjejajja The carpet is temporary, we just put in an old scrap he uses because it smells like him and we wanted to encourage him to use it!
Attachments
Snapchat-1456880216.jpg
And here's a picture of the gorgeous lil dude <3
Snapchat-1456880216.jpg (226.22 KiB) Viewed 122 times
Lemon Tea Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samm. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am

my sixteen year old cat, midnight, is sick/possibly dying, and i am an absolute mess right now. i feel like the weight of the world is sitting in the middle of my chest. it hurts. i don't know what to do. he's been with me over half of my life. i feel so lost already and he's not even left me yet. he just turned sixteen may 14th. his birthday was barely a month ago. we were so happy just a month ago. i want to go back. i want to spend more time with him. i've already spent sixteen years but it's not enough, it doesn't feel like it's been nearly long enough. i don't want to lose him, i don't want to not see him when i wake up in the morning, i don't want to go to bed without cuddling with him in my bed, i don't want to eat without him begging for my food, i don't want to pour a bowl of cereal without him meowing for milk. it hurts so bad. i can't stop crying, i haven't stopped crying since i realized he was sick. it honestly feels like it happened overnight. he seemed fine yesterday, he was eating, and drinking, and up doing stuff, and today it's the exact opposite. i've tried looking around to see if he could've gotten into something, but there's nothing that's been left sitting out, and everyone knows better than to leave anything out that he could get into. i really, really hope this isn't the end, that maybe he did just manage to get into something and his stomach is just upset, but i don't want to give myself false hope. i can't even take him to the vet because we don't have a car, and even if someone offered us a ride it wouldn't help, my dad doesn't get his ssdi check until the 10th of next month, and none of the vets around here will take payments or hold off on paying, they all demand the money up front, even if it's a life or death type of situation. if you're the praying type, please pray for him and our family, and if you're not, if you could just keep us in mind, or send positive vibes, or energy, anything, it'd be greatly appreciated.

edit 7/3/20; midnight is doing better! he's eating and drinking again. he's not really doing much besides sleeping, but he doesn't seem to be feeling as bad as he did the day i posted on here, so that's good. i'll update again if anything happens, but for now i'm just hoping he ate something that upset his stomach and i hope he'll stick around for a while longer. prayers, positive thoughts/vibes/energy are still very much appreciated!
    💕

Gizmutt wrote:
meat interruption wrote:is Rachel Ray's food in your budget? I am still, myself trying to find food that dosen't give my cat sour pudding plops.

RR food is fairly good food for a reasonable price. I have a VERY picky eater. And the only food she has ever eaten/will eat consistently is RR salmon blend. (I have tried many different foods, high end included). Seeing as it is the only food she will eat, I don't have much choice .. but I have done some research. It's pretty decent. Yes there are better food out there .. but it doesn't use saw dust bone meal filler like some. One of the biggest problems, is weight gain - which I have noticed in my other cat .. and I have had to monitor, and separate meal times (which is a bit of a pain) But she is a big of a pig naturally anyway.

thank you for the suggestion, i'll look into it.
    also, i'm sorry it took so long for me to reply, i forgot i posted in here until i came here today to vent.
samm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:26 am

Oh my poor baby just went through an ordeal. I came home to find him on my bed and while he was walking around rubbing his head on me I noticed a red patch on his tail. I pointed it out to my mum and sister and we grabbed hold of him to take a closer look, he has an abscess on his tail, it started oozing pus the moment you applied the slightest bit of pressure, absolutely hideous but its a good sign. He must have been licking it all day because the area around it is practically bald and red, poor thing. My sister had to hold him tight while my mum applied an anti septic ointment to the area. He was struggling and mewing and just breaking my heart.

When they were done we made sure to give him plenty of treats and even a bit of sliced meat for his trouble. Thankfully he seems to have calmed down because hes purring while he's padding my stomach at the moment

Hopefully we can avoid a visit to the vet as my mum is quick to point out she doesn't have any money but if it gets any worse I'll pay for it, from what I've read this is something that can heal up on its own and my mum and sister are going to apply more ointment tomorrow morning so we're going to keep a close eye on him
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:04 am

This week my friend found a kitten, looked about 8-9 weeks old, at his work. She smelled earful and was dehydrated and hungry but we were able to get her looked at and found a forever home for her. I wish I could’ve kept her myself, but I’m sure a lot of you know how dads are with the “no more pets” rule 🙄

Anyways, I do hope to foster kittens again next spring. I have fostered 3 times so far and just love it! I can’t say the same for my 9 year old cat, Buddy, though! 😂
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:45 am

I think I made a post about my cat’s health a few months ago on here, but he’s passed away since then. It was in early June when I woke up and realized that he was really struggling to breathe beside me. He hadn’t been laying on his side for a couple weeks, and I finally realized it was because it was harder for him to breathe that way. Told my mom, and we decided to put him down. I didn’t want him to truly start suffering.

We took him to the vet 3 times during his last couple of months, the last being to put him down. He totally became a car ride cat haha. He just sat on his chair like he owned the place. He was a beauty.

Me and my dad were there when he drifted away. My mom and sister couldn’t handle it, but I had to because I had a dog who was put down when I was 8 and to this day I still regret the fact that I was too young to be there with him. I’ve vowed to myself that I’ll always be with my animals when they go because of that.

We took him back, and my dad, who is a huge gardener, picked a spot to bury him in the front-part of our property and planted a beautiful flower bush on top of his grave. I’m glad my dad took my request to have him buried with us, since we have the space to do so.

It’s been a month, but I still feel like he’s here. I sometimes get the urge to call out for him when I’m outside, because I hate the fact that I won’t be able to say his name like that anymore. Out of the corner of my eyes, I think I see him sitting there, and for a second I forget he’s dead. That’s okay though. I like to live in denial and feel like he’s still alive. Doesn’t cause harm.
He was 17, and he was always there, since I was born. Guess that’s understandable.

Just wanted to talk about my boy. I haven’t really talked about it to someone since the day he passed.
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

struggling with gender identity
rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

so my cat just had kittens

Postby touyieparkes » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 am

wanted to share this with everyone my bengal X charux mix cat i got off gumtree, she originally belonged to my dad but my family know im a mad cat magnet so she took to me not him he said i can buy her off him so i did
months ago she found herself a tabby boyfriend you get where the rest goes

today she was loving me on the sofa but i had to go out with my dad to the shops, i was out for about an hour and then i came home and went upstairs settled on my bed with my laptop
suddenly she came out from under my bed and got in the box house i made her and there it began, she kept being uncomfortable so she got in the cat bed my boyfriend gave me ready for when she had them
an hour later she had her first baby, then 7 minutes went she had her second both were tabbies
she struggled a bit with her 3rd tabby who was a lot longer after as it came out legs first but it was fine
i thought she was done there so i went just round the corner for five minutes to my friend who was giving me free cat food
my sister called me and suddenly said shes had a FOURTH kitten, all 4 tabbies so i came running home to check them
all are healthy and doing well i thought she was done so i got on my bed near her and watched youtube only to later hear her cry like a baby (not joking it sounded like a REAL BABY it scared me) so i shot up to find shes had a 5TH KITTEN!! this one being pure black like herself
their dad is a tabby hence why 4 of them came out tabby

I wanted to share it, i did a short tik tok video and uploaded it to my youtube of the kittens with her just now here it is:
(warning u might cry from cuteness i keep re watching it on my tik tok and i was in tears of joy)
video of the kittens found here:
https://youtu.be/UlUVmnwTApA
ARNT THEY JUST SO CUTE OMG IM DYING FROM CUTENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and were keeping one <3
(sorry if u cant see all of them on the video she has some hidden under her paws but she has 5 in total now i think shes finally done and wont have anymore xD shes welcome to surprise me though)
I make many free OC adopts and breedings feel free to follow me to check them out
been a member for over 12 years
touyieparkes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:56 am

does anyone have advice on getting cats onto a feeding schedule. my cats have always had an open feeding type thing, but lately it has become a problem with my one cat. he's very much a glutton and stress eater. he tends to eat without chewing, and eats very fast. it's like he doesn't know when to stop eating or when he's full. this makes him sick so he vomits almost immediately after eating. i want to get him onto a proper schedule so this stops happening. i also plan on getting him a food puzzle type thing so he eats slower.

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:03 am

• adriana • wrote:
      does anyone have advice on getting cats onto a feeding schedule. my cats have always had an open feeding type thing, but lately it has become a problem with my one cat. he's very much a glutton and stress eater. he tends to eat without chewing, and eats very fast. it's like he doesn't know when to stop eating or when he's full. this makes him sick so he vomits almost immediately after eating. i want to get him onto a proper schedule so this stops happening. i also plan on getting him a food puzzle type thing so he eats slower.

I found this page that should have some useful information for you.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:58 am

• adriana • wrote:

when i had to do mine we just changed them to it ,it will take time for them to get use to it.
i had to change over due to adopting my coon boy with food allergys (hes got other issues now) , when we frist started we would give the grazers food if they went to the bowl but it became hard to keep up with this so we changed them to main meals in the morning and night plus two meals in the day ,mostly due to having a kitten who was on 4 meals, so everyone but the food allergy cat got 4 meals. when the kitten moved to having 3 meals so did the adults, when she moved onto two meals the adults followed once again.

keep a close eye on the cats weight as you do this as they may under-eat, 2 of mine did , one is fine as he was a little cubby for his body type but the other got real bad we thought she could have other issues,we changed some things around so she now eats her dry food away from the other cats (but facing them) and the kitten(whos now 2.5 years) is fed away from all the other 3 as she eats faster and it slows her down to have to go to her bowl and back,my coon boy is fed outside in the cat run as he needs to have only his food and nothing else and can't have his stolen. the cat who lost alot of weight ended up geting lunches to try and encourage her to eat more for a time and got kitten food as well in an attempt to get her weight up, turns out the best thing for her is to put a small amount of dog food in her bowl if she stops eating with half the food left wich happens more at brekfast ,not so much dinner.

with the puzzel toy i would recomend geting the cat a dog one, my cat who likes puzzel toys finds the 2 cat ones i got way to easy but loves the dog ones, i found he likes the ones he needs to use his paws to slide around but your cat might be different, another thing would be a cardbord tube with the ends folded over with a gap for the food to come out (or a puzzle ball so you dont have to make somthing every day)

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siddy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:54 am

Hello guys! I have never posted here but I am so stuck, and I have no idea what to do.
I am a young adult that has had 11 cats throughout my life, and currently I have 6 of them still.
Four are my mothers, and they live in a completely different part of the house than my two.
This is the man in question though.

https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/ ... BzaGcu.jpg

He is an 11 month old neutered male that found his way onto my porch when he was 8 months old. He was skin and bones and so so hungry and there was still around 3 ft of snow on the ground. We asked all the neighbors if he belonged to them and nobody said anything so we think he was dumped off.
I am at such a loss with him, he has an aggression issue that I have never experienced with any cat and neither has anybody else I talk to. It started once he began getting comfortable.
He would randomly snap and grab your arm and bite it, and not let go. He’s never hissed, growled, put his ears back, or given any other signs that he was going to attack us. His face doesn’t even look upset, he literally never expresses any emotions like all my other cats have.
I have tried smacking him, I have tried spraying him with water, I have tried playing with him more so he can get energy out and nothing helps prevent him from behaving this way. Honestly when you yell at him, spray him, or smack him (not hard at all) it just makes it even worse.
He attacked me once really bad, and after I yelled at him he hasn’t done it since. I was petting him and he just tore my arm apart.
But here’s the issue, my girlfriend and my sister are so beyond done with him, he’s very mean to them, and actively seeks them out. Neither of them have ever hurt him in any way, and my girlfriend even feeds him most the time!
He runs out from under the bed and grabs my sister and won’t let go, and I used to just think he’s playing rough but I’m starting to think it’s more than that.
Once he gets really comfortable in a particular space like my sisters room, he doesn’t like anybody coming in, and sometimes all my sister or girlfriend have to do is touch his side and it sets him off.
He also will keep doing the thing you tell him no too. I have a rabbit and he likes to stick his arm in the cage and though he never has his claws out I just don’t want him doing it, and he thinks it’s a game to get told no, and sprayed, and then he’ll come right back and do it again four times and chirp at me.
He also is really interested in other cats but plays so so rough with them.
Last night he was in my room with cricket, my five year old cat who mostly lays on the bed all the time, and he jumped up on the bed and stuck his leg out towards her, and she started growling at him and he kept getting closer and closer until my girlfriend picked him up and put him on the floor. About four minutes later he jumped OVER my girlfriend who was laying down, and right onto cricket and though cricket was perfectly fine she was really upset and it seemed like aggression because of how extreme it ended up being. He’s never done anything like that before, and I’m worried about crickets safety around him because he just gets set off for no reason and attacks.
It’s so hard to explain.
I am not the type to give up on an animal and just get rid of them and put them on Craigslist and hope they get a better home, and I really do love this guy. He’s so sweet when he’s not upset, And he’s very talkative. I’ve harness trained him and take him on walks, he goes on car rides with us regularly, he answers you when you talk to him like he understands, and he really is a sweet boy. He sleeps with my sister when she takes naps, and he lays with me as well. He’s just so sweet until he’s suddenly not, and it’s literally like flipping a switch. He’s not feral at all and never was when we found him, and I think his aggression is why someone dumped him off in the first place.
If I can’t fix this I will have no choice but to get rid of him, but I want to try and prevent it because I really care about him.
Do you guys have any suggestions or any ideas as to why he behaves this way?? The vet hasn’t been able to pin point that it’s pain or any medical issues.

Sid
She/They | Adult
Commissions always open!
Want to contact me? PM me!
DA, Instagram
Toyhouse, Art Examples
(<- Sig Art ->)
Siddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery