need reptile help? come on over.

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

need reptile help? come on over.

Postby scarlettmoon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:05 am

Hello I am here to help answer any reptile questions you might have.
how do we know if we can trust you?
well currently I work at a local reptile store, I am a volunteer for an educational reptile group, and am a proud owner of six snakes, two geckos, two bearded dragons, and an axolotl. also if I am unable to answer your question I will bring it up to my group and ask them.
well who are these people?
I am unsure if I am allowed to say the name of the group but I can say we have a wide range of people who know more rare and specific types of reptiles, may that be iguanas, tropical lizards, large snakes, ex.
well have you ever had or helped with special needs reptiles?
indeed. currently I have a leopard gecko that came to me vary skinny and covered in old shed she is also missing a few toes. when I brought her home and found out she was 90% blind. I have also worked with a Blue Tongue Skink that had a U shape in his back we were unsure if he was born with it or was run over with something in his past. I also worked with a black rat snake that was missing 95% of its tail.
help my pets in a life threatening situation. what do I do?
I am not a vet and if it is life threatening please contact your local exotic vet for help.
what type of snake is this? what kind of ball python is this? ex.
I do not know every breed and every type of reptile but I can try my best to answer this.
if you are thinking of buying a pet from a large animal store, DON'T. Places like Petco or PetSmart often mistreat there reptiles I know from personal experience, it is best to look in a local pet or reptile rescue they are often filled with reptiles that people don't want or can't to care for anymore.
if any of you cared or wanted to know the specifics I have two normal ball pythons(one is F the other is M, two corn snakes one is a blizzard(female maybe) and the other is a unknown normal red corn snake(male), one mex mex king snake(unknown), one hypo tangerine honduran milk snake(male). and my geckos, one is a African fat tail(male) and the other as I mentioned is a leopard(female). finally my bearded dragons one is a hypo citrus something (female) and the other is unknown brown beardy (male). and out of all my pets I only bought the milk snake all the others are rescues that people leave us sometimes without any info. by the way we are not a sanctuary we get so many pets because other reptile rescues fill up fast and don't usually empty.
if you want to answer peoples questions please prove that you're justified to properly answer the question when you do it.good Example: I have owned two iguanas and what I think is... or I work with reptiles and I think... Bad example: my friend had a gecko when we were little and I think...
Image Image ImageImage
scarlettmoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: need reptile help? come on over.

Postby sullivanish » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Mark