* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Luzien » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:33 am

Skysuits wrote:Hi everyone! I don't have a bird yet but I will be getting a Green Cheeked Conure soon!🐦

I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on toys, treats, cage items or any other things I should get for my bird! Also what kind of fruit and veggies should I try giving to them?

Thanks!

that is nice that you get a bird :)
but should you not know this thing about this breed, from this breeds Forum pages, you even can get some ideas in this pet bird Forum... or breeder from whom you get the birds..?
this are normal things you already Need to know bevor you even try to get birds....

-> also do you have a vet who can work with birds, or a vet who only works with birds....
do you know how to take care of a slightly sick bird, see when it is not well, when it Needs bether Food or mineral-vit powder-juice....

there are also real nice book about this birds breed, what to feed birds, how to cook for them, and great diy bird sites, then how to welcome them, how to train them...

but one thing i hope, i really do hope, that you did mean that you get two birds....!!! please get two, dont do this to a bird to keep it alone ;) :!:
how big is the aviary or large cage and the bird play gym outside of the cage?
for this a large bird you need atleast a 1x1.80x1.80/1x2x2m Cage.....

4-5 different size perches...best is natural wood from a tree that is safe for birds , some toys( 2-3 + other whom you can change out every other week to make it interesting) stinless steel feedeing-water bowls( toys should be too when they get metal on them)
you need a water spay bottle to spay down the feather each or every other day...or you can train them to go under the shower...

and so on and so on...
---> bevor you get this 2 birds....please make some list for good fruit and vegi, good plants and such....but also for all the bad things they should not eat.!!!
-also about there dayly care, feeding how how much how often, how you see if the bird is sick, then how often to go to the vet in a year or every other year....and so on
--> best places to put the aviary, as they Need enough true sun light, but not all the day, to draft or bad air,not dark and not to cold or hot...and so on.....
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Romba » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 am

Thanks for all of the advice everyone :)
Romba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 am

Marley and Juno

You've been yawn bombed.
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am

awww...that is just to cute :D one feels tired after this yawn bombing....very sweet:lol:
is Juno the light and Marley the dark one, or the other way?
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinensys » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:49 am

yawning babs!
    big mood tho
sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 am

Luzien wrote:awww...that is just to cute :D one feels tired after this yawn bombing....very sweet:lol:
is Juno the light and Marley the dark one, or the other way?

Marley is the pineapple conure (light)
And Juno is the yellow sided gcc (dark) :)
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

ahhh, should have thought this with the names writen like this, now that i looked back again^//^ they are very cute and look as if they are gentle birds, how old are they, seem to be not so old :)
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 am

They turn 2 years old this april :)
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:18 am

Well...guess who's getting two new birds! My boyfriends mom works at an apartment complex and a tenant has to rehome his birds. She knows I already have one and asked if I'd want to take them in. I talked to the current owner and he was really cool, he found them a few years ago after someone abandoned them and had been taking care of them since, but was getting a new demanding job so he had to rehome them. One is a bourke and the other is a budgie. He's offering them for free, plus they both have really nice cages, toys, all that good stuff. It was kind of impulsive but I have the time, finances and attention for them, plus I'd been thinking about getting another bird anyways. Plus if I didn't take them in who knows where they'd end up, there aren't any bird rescues around here and even if they ended up in one, it scares me how easily people adopt birds and then just cast them aside. If I take them in I know they'll have a loving and safe home.

I'm picking them up Monday and I'm so excited, ugh. Between me and my Grandma there will be four birds in our household, lol.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:11 am

My zebra finch just passed away unexpectedly. He was young and had everything he needed, so I want to quarantine his mate. It has been about an hour and she is frantic. She is calling and searching for him. She has a mirror, a swing, and a bell, as well as a foraging box. Is there anything else I can do for the bird? Would she like being in a more active area? Right now she is in my bedroom and I just care for them and try to make sure they were happy, and that was what they liked. Me popping in and filling the food dish and drinking tube, cleaning the cage every other day, watching them quietly, and singing with the printer when it alerted us it was out of paper. Obviously I failed at keeping them in good health. But what can I do for her? She is quite sad, and I just got her to stop plucking her mate, so I am afraid if I do not do something she will pluck herself.
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items