.:Pet Amphibian Chat!:. (Frogs,toads,axolotles,newts ect.)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: .:Pet Amphibian Chat!:. (Frogs,toads,axolotles,newts ect

Postby serl » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:34 pm

i have 2 african dwarf frogs, goliath and potato.

@サタン。
maybe you can get some sort of beginner frogs? or something idk your level

good choices:
    -african dwarf frogs
    these cuties are active once they get used to their home. they are very small and should be kept underwater. you don't need live bugs either, pellets or frozen bloodworms are the best choices. don't worry, i got my babs today and they're not eating. they won't until they become used to the tank usually.
    -oriental fire bellied toads
    these guys are pretty cool looking i have to admit. feeding them crickets is the best choice. they are very active. they will not hibernate and they stay pretty small.
    -white tree frogs
    if you want an easy tree frog, this is the correct beginner choice. they have a funny personality sort of since they sit around all day and bores children lots of the times. they behavior can be created on how much they eat, and how fat they get. they should be fed crickets too.

poison frogs aren't recommended. they are advanced level frogs.
    frogs that get fat aren't very exciting either. they are lazy. the budgette's toad can give a good bite when fullgrown. pacman frogs are very hearty though.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquariumQueen » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:00 pm

sharkdog wrote:i have 2 salamanders, but unfortunately i have no clue as to what exactly they are...

im completely guessing and saying that theyre mudpuppies but i could be wrong. i researched the salamanders that live in my state and really the only one that looked EXACTLY like mine, were unidentified :/ i got them from a friend of mine (i have no idea where they got them)

but ive been feeding them bloodworms and mosquito larvae. theyre about 6 months old now and still very small

here they are :
http://sta.sh/2lsl6xpmvym

The external gills narrows it down quite a bit, but I have no idea about salamanders aha.
Caudata.org has a ton of people that could probably help you.
I love the fish, ESPECIALLY bettas. Trade me!
I was gone for a couple months, so I'm trying to catch back up on the pets from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the month pets during that time.
AquariumQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 am

I did tons of research and I decided to get two frogs and a toad.
I now have a Bull Frog tadpole, a adult Bull Frog, and a Fowler's toad.
Their all doing great except for the adult BullFrog he has a bunch of small wounds.
Its not a surprise though considering I rescued him from a butcher store in Chinatown.
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebellar101 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 pm

I have a half-pet toad.
They live in my driveway.
I also have a pool that toads made outside, yet in my property...
They're poisonous.
Btw, half pets are where they just live in the wherever they want and we take care of them when they need it.
Thebellar101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquariumQueen » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:12 am

My axolotl came!
Still thinking about names, and had an impaction scare (silly thing sucked in sand with her bloodworms, will be fed separately now until she can eat earthworms instead).
I was gone for a couple months, so I'm trying to catch back up on the pets from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the month pets during that time.
AquariumQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cat;; » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:09 pm

^ aw I remember when I got my little lotl in the mail! I may get a 75 gallon from a friend for free, and I want to upgrade my little 10g that my girl is in now, and move her there and maybe get a friend or two in the future. Does anyone have any ideas for decorating or something? Plants, hides, etc.
cat;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:34 am

One can get axies in the mail? How do they ship them? Is there any risks? Where do you order them?
I have this image stuck in my head of opening the mailbox and an axolotl in there smiling at me :D
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cat;; » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Aruni4 wrote:One can get axies in the mail? How do they ship them? Is there any risks? Where do you order them?
I have this image stuck in my head of opening the mailbox and an axolotl in there smiling at me :D

Yep! There are many many websites online that ship them, so you just have to look it up and choose what's best for you. They come in overnight shipping so it should have no risks, but if something happens most websites will give you a new one free of charge. (:
cat;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquariumQueen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Aruni4 wrote:One can get axies in the mail? How do they ship them? Is there any risks? Where do you order them?

I got mine from a private breeder, found her on Caudata then through Facebook arranged the purchase. The package arrived a day late (through no fault of hers) and the axolotl was still fine. They ship them in secure boxes with one or two day shipping. Most of them will refund or send a new one if it dies whilst in the mail, but the mortality rate is low. As far as live animals go, they survive VERY well in the mail.
AquariumQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cat;; » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 am

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I just wanted some advice! I'm getting a 75 gallon for my lovely axolotl today and I am already putting sand in there and I have 2 hides, but I honestly have no clue what else to put in there! It's a large tank, and taller than most 75 gallons so I really need tall plants probably, but I'm kinda poor so do and of you had any ideas for decoration for this? I want it to look really great eventually but is there anywhere I can go to get this cool stuff
cat;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me