.:Pet Amphibian Chat!:. (Frogs,toads,axolotles,newts ect.)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: .:Pet Amphibian Chat!:. (Frogs,toads,axolotles,newts ect

Postby boston » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:23 pm

aww, r.i.p. to your little froggy <3

i currently own two axolotls right now and they're very fun pets. :)
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:33 pm

I recently got a bullfrog tadpole from a little kid who didn't want it and was about to throw it down a sewer.
Right now I'm feeding it some tadpole pellets I got from my local fish shop.
My only worry is that their really small small.
Their about the size of betta pellets while the tadpole is about 6 inches.
Are there any other things he can eat?
I put some feeder guppies in the tank with him but it doesn't seem like he is interested in them.
Sorry about the noobish question but I don't have much experience with frogs, I've only owned one frog before and that was 5 years ago plus it was full grown.
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silky.moth.is.gone » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 pm

For Bullfrog tadpoles you can try wilted spinach, even just try boiling it for about 5 minutes to it's soft and but some bits in the water. It may take time for them to go on to feeder guppies and some may even not!

http://www.bullfrogs.com/Bullfrog-Tadpoles.html
For any further questions I find this site is pretty ok to follow.
I was a toxic 11-13 year old lol.
silky.moth.is.gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquariumQueen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 am

Sounds like you're gonna have a BIG frog!
Are you planning on releasing him after a while?
I love the fish, ESPECIALLY bettas. Trade me!
I was gone for a couple months, so I'm trying to catch back up on the pets from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the month pets during that time.
AquariumQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 am

@BoltsTrueNumber#1Fan
Thank you for the help, and I'll get him some spinach as soon as I'm done posting this. <3

@LemonadeCastiel
Nope I'd never release a captive animal into the wild, it can cause tons of damage to the ecosystem.
I do have a extra 30 gallon tank that's not being used so I might put him in that once he's older. c:

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquariumQueen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 am

サタン。 wrote:
@BoltsTrueNumber#1Fan
Thank you for the help, and I'll get him some spinach as soon as I'm done posting this. <3

@LemonadeCastiel
Nope I'd never release a captive animal into the wild, it can cause tons of damage to the ecosystem.
I do have a extra 30 gallon tank that's not being used so I might put him in that once he's older. c:

Where do you live? (not to be creepy, you can just tell me like ecosystem-wise)
Where I live you can catch bullfrog tadpoles anywhere there's a pond (they're a native species), but I suppose it depends on the place as to how feasible release is.
I love the fish, ESPECIALLY bettas. Trade me!
I was gone for a couple months, so I'm trying to catch back up on the pets from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the month pets during that time.
AquariumQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:02 pm

LemonadeCastiel wrote:
サタン。 wrote:
@BoltsTrueNumber#1Fan

@LemonadeCastiel

Where I live you can catch bullfrog tadpoles anywhere there's a pond (they're a native species), but I suppose it depends on the place as to how feasible release is.

I live in Illinois and they are native but I've heard that the new frog can have diseases that the other frogs aren't immune to and they can get wiped out.

-

Sadly my cat got to my froggy. </3
I'm really upset because this is my fault.
I should have kept a lid on his tank but I didn't have a extra one.
I also forgot to close the door to my reptile room, and that's how my kitty got in.
I'm such a bad froggy mama. I'm thinking of possibly getting another tadpole but I don't want the same thing to happen. :c

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silky.moth.is.gone » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:04 am

サタン。 wrote:
LemonadeCastiel wrote:
サタン。 wrote:
@BoltsTrueNumber#1Fan

@LemonadeCastiel

I live in Illinois and they are native but I've heard that the new frog can have diseases that the other frogs aren't immune to and they can get wiped out.

-

I also forgot to close the door to my reptile room, and that's how my kitty got in.
I'm such a bad froggy mama. I'm thinking of possibly getting another tadpole but I don't want the same thing to happen. :c

R.i.p <3

Well you know what they say, Now you know what to do next time. Plus, if you do get another tadpole, you'll be more prepared this time. It's a common mistake believe me, I left the lid off one of my toad tanks accidently when they where outside, and later when I went back out a bird had taken him.
I was a toxic 11-13 year old lol.
silky.moth.is.gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:03 am

サタン。 wrote:
LemonadeCastiel wrote:
サタン。 wrote:
@BoltsTrueNumber#1Fan

@LemonadeCastiel

-

I'm so sorry for your loss. </3 For future reference, another good staple to feed them is bloodworms. They are meat/insect eating animals, sometimes even eating eachother in the wild along with mice and insects. When they are larger and have more defined mouths, chopped up bits of canadian nightcrawler is an ideal staple. (: Bloodworms do make a bit of a mess, but they would be a lot better for your frogglets and help them grow big and strong. Good luck on your next tadpole if you get one! My cat doesn't like my reptiles/frogs, but for some reason he doesn't bother them when they are in their cages. I have a small plastic shelf for my cranwelli's, with the drawers open slightly for air and he could easily open them if he wanted but he doesn't. The only issue he had is for awhile when I first got my gecko's new 40 gallon he would play with the screen because it made a loud dang tang sound... >v<' But now he doesn't even do that.
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharkdog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 pm

i have 2 salamanders, but unfortunately i have no clue as to what exactly they are...

im completely guessing and saying that theyre mudpuppies but i could be wrong. i researched the salamanders that live in my state and really the only one that looked EXACTLY like mine, were unidentified :/ i got them from a friend of mine (i have no idea where they got them)

but ive been feeding them bloodworms and mosquito larvae. theyre about 6 months old now and still very small

here they are :
http://sta.sh/2lsl6xpmvym
Image art & icon by me
sharkdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me