Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby spiderfish » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 am

Anyone ever kept African dwarf frogs? They keep dying on me, and I can't figure out why.
Debating whether its worth getting any more, but then the remaining one I have would be lonely, and based on previous experience, stop eating (and, also based on previous experience, when they stop eating, it's really hard to get them to start eating again).
-wip-
-wip-
-wip-
spiderfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Username: KisaWolfz

How many fish tanks do you have: Four
Types of fish that you have: Betta fish and tropical community fish
Your fishs' names: Only my Betta fish have names. Juno, Golden Knight, and Petal(female)
How long have you had fish: I've had fish tanks growing up, however, I haven't had tanks in about 6 years. Then within 6 months, I obtained 4 tanks haha.

Juno and his 5.2 Gallon tank
Golden Knight in 10 gallon tank
Petal and HER 5.2 Gallon tank
50 Gallon tropical community
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ
kisawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suku » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:44 am

Username: Suku
How many fish tanks do you have: One
Types of fish that you have: A female veiltail betta fish
Your fishs' names: Rosey
How long have you had fish: Almost a year. Been in the hobby since July 2017
Suku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby [....] » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 am

Username: Cipher
    How many fish tanks do you have: two/three (does a pond count as a tank?)
    Types of fish that you have: Damsels, Green Spotted Puffer fish, Goby, Angelfish, Goldfish
    Your fishs' names: I don't really name my fish all that often, but the angelfish are named Tabris and Rei
    How long have you had fish: I've had the Damsels for almost 5 years, the Puffer fish for a year, the Angels for 6 months, and the pond's goldfish have been there for about 10 years. I'm not too sure if any of the original goldfish are there, or if it's just their offspring there now. I have no idea how long the Goby has been here, I don't even remember getting him.
[....]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 pm

I got a new betta fish. His name is Jack Skellington. ^^

Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cetacea » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 am

Hello everyone, I currently have 7 harlequin rasboras in my 20 gallon tall, and everything been running fine with them for a few months, although the tank looks really empty, and I can't decide if I should add more fish (and if so, any suggestions?), or just leave it as is. I have looked at other fish to add but I can't decide what would be best.

Cetacea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:31 am

Darrow wrote:
Hello everyone, I currently have 7 harlequin rasboras in my 20 gallon tall, and everything been running fine with them for a few months, although the tank looks really empty, and I can't decide if I should add more fish (and if so, any suggestions?), or just leave it as is. I have looked at other fish to add but I can't decide what would be best.

We go with more harlequins since they look awesome in a big school and you can definitely fit more than 7 in a 20 gallon.
After that you could either do a school of cories or something else. Depends what you like.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tjebb » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:15 am

Username: Tjebb
How many fish tanks do you have: 2
Types of fish that you have:1 Betta, 1 Angelfish, Pleco, 2 catfish, 1 gourami, 2 pond snails
Your fishs' names: (in the same order as above) Midnight, Gill, Penelope, Ghost, Nymeria, Firestar, Floopster, and Floopy
How long have you had fish: About a year and a half

Also if you have pictures of you fish we would love to see them! If you have a tank with a lot of fish you are welcome to just put a picture of your tank. If the images are large or you have a lot please post links.

My Kalons
I no longer actively draw using Oekaki, but I'll try my best to use the forums and talk via dms and such!
Looking for art!

Image Image Image
Tjebb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 am

Lonin wrote:
Darrow wrote:

We go with more harlequins since they look awesome in a big school and you can definitely fit more than 7 in a 20 gallon.
After that you could either do a school of cories or something else. Depends what you like.

I agree with Lonin. Definetly add some more harlequins, like 7 more or so. ^^ Any other fish you add would depend on what temperature you keep the water at and generally do you have very soft water or harder water (and obviously the tank size rules out many bigger fish). Harlequins are pretty nice fish, like not nippy etc., so they don't really limit any of your options.
So I keep reading that endler pregnancys last about 22-24 days... I assumed I had at least one already pregnant female, so I was kind expecting and hoping fry already as I bought the fish early this month, but no fry so far. :/ The largest female is getting very round though, so we shall see... Shame though if they end up being offspring of my two males as it would have been good to have some other genetics as well added to my little group. Also one of the mystery babies, which is a male, is maturing enough to start coloring up and he's an endler after all. :D I was little concerned he'd be hybrid, but so far it's looking promising that he's an endler. Other babies are growing kinda slow though, so I'm little concerned as the previous baby I raised grew quite fast...
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 am

Do I need to post the form to post here?

If I do, I’ll post it when I can.

I’ve got my second betta today.
My first one was a petsmart purchase and he was sick as all mess. Fin rot and something wrong with his gills.

He was a white dragon scale betta. Now I have a seemingly more heathy fish as of today.

I also have a snail in the same tank c:
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me