Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Postby yves » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 am

straying away from the “with your pets” for a moment: i’m currently volunteering at a rescue centre for work experience and in the very few days i’ve been there, the number of people (since it’s open to the public 11am - 4pm) i’ve seen solely go there to look at the animals like it’s . . . a zoo? a free zoo at that. the parents who completely ignore what their children are doing are the worst as well, the children of which are blindly pissing off obviously stressed animals. i apparently heard a family came to visit this pair of cats and one of the PARENTS just picked one of them up─and of course, it had to be the timidest one─and she was just . . . frozen in fear??? yeah ofc the member of staff down at the cattery at the time told them to stop but regardless?

there’s also the fact that there really are people out there that expect to take the animal home upon the first visit/look around, when it’s a four week rehoming process. it’s great though because the staff end up joking in their spare time that these people end up going to get a rabbit instantly at pets at home. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyway this is turning into a kind of rant so i’m definitely gonna stop.
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby rancidram » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 am

I hate when people dress up their dogs...
╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter • empty the tanks • feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 am

sleepysushi wrote:I hate when people dress up their dogs...

So a Chihuahua should brave the cold...?
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

When people dress up there male dogs in a tutu x.x, yes I've seen that, dives me and my mom crazy!
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotel?trivago. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

BudgieLover5000 wrote:

Noone said that,, she means like making them all perfect pretty things. Dog jackets are different. Keep things in context please and thank you. :>

I find it annoying that people pet my dad's PTSD service dog, it's just disrespectful.
▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻
◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅
╔═══════════╗
◐ danny • she/her ◑ woo◑
Hey <3 I love playing instruments and singing ! I play 6 instruments and still learning more! I'm a Christian who loves worship and her youth group ! I'm often on playstation with my friends or on here. I play field hockey and run indoor and outdoor track ! I'm always down to make new friends because I love people <3
i was hotel trivagol
signature made by the golden god
━━━━━━━━━━━━
100 tokens UFA
hotel?trivago.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 am

Hotel?Trivago. wrote:
BudgieLover5000 wrote:

Noone said that,, she means like making them all perfect pretty things. Dog jackets are different. Keep things in context please and thank you. :>

I find it annoying that people pet my dad's PTSD service dog, it's just disrespectful.

There's nothing wrong with having a dog wear all "perfect pretty things", either, though? Provided the dog doesn't mind, of course. There are dogs being euthanized in shelters and people actually complain about.. clothes.. of all things for basically no reason. That's my pet peeve for the thread.
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am

( dressing up your pet is fine to me as long as they are comfortable )

I hate it when people yell at me for using a prong collar, And then point it out every time it slips. A properly fitted prong shouldn't keep itself high on the neck it should slip. But it's your responsibility to slide it up before use.

Also if I post a photo of my dog in a prong, But the prong is slipped. Ask yourself, Is it in use? No, it's not because the dog is sitting AND IS OFF LEASH. gosh people these days.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am

when people, especially guests, fawn over your cat and get upset when they hide under the couch and bite. like she's scared, you're new to her so stop hugging my cat and trying to coo at her because she hates it.

also i hate when people yell at me for the way i raise my cat. i use the spray bottle filled with clean water at all times to spray my cat, and they call it abuse. yelling at her doesn't work and not all cats respond to the method of just rewarding them for doing good. believe me, i've tried but she still destroyed my mom's thousand dollar couch, no matter how many scratching posts i bought her. so the spray bottle works and it is not abuse, it's literally just mist or a little bit of water at most.

my cat loving friends get so upset when i tell them i have methods of mild punishment (clapping, spray bottle) to train my cat. i get it you love cats and i do too, my cat is my baby but she's rowdy and needs something to keep her in check. if you had a child you wouldn't let them run around doing whatever and try to stop them with bribery. that's bad parenting, and same goes for cats.

sorry for the long rant aah
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja983 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:57 am

When people come over. And their pretty well behaved but when they look for your cat. And find it. And then they start screaming "FIRE FIRE FIRE" Or "SMOKEY SMOKEY COME HERE" (my cat's names, we got them at totally different times so the names were not picked on purpose, And Fire was a stray :P)
Cat's are quiet animal's, screaming at them just freaks them out and makes them run away from you.

✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞
94% of the AJ population doesn't know about the AJ Bloggers, put this in your signature if you're one of the 6% that know or write for an AJ blog.
Ja983

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 am

Not my dog but-
This family my grandmother knows has a pitbull. She is the sweetest animal ever. Anyway, their neighbors who have 2 young boys play outside alot, and as any dog, (my choc lab does it to) the pitbull barks at them. Well, after a while of it happening, the city TOOK HER AWAY FOR DOING THAT. It was because of some city ordinance or something against pitbulls, which is stupid. Well, the mom of this family shared her story on facebook and so many people complained to the city that THEY MADE THE SHELTER GIVE HER BACK. It was awesome.
a pathological people pleaser

rea / she/her / taylor swift <3

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me