Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:58 am

I'm getting rabbits soon, and I have a little kid who likes to come over and hang out with me. I think he likes me, lol. hearing all these stories, I'm worried about my future rabbits?

Anyways, what I hate is when people try to comfort my cat when she's upset. Like stop cuddling her she doesn't like it, it makes her feel trapped. She'll cuddle with me when she wants to, but don't force it on her.
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 am

ja984 wrote:So today 4 families came over (they come over once a month) and I have my 13 week old puppy named Trump. And this one girl takes Trump off his chain without asking I calmly tell her to put him back and she did. But then 15 minutes later I see her with Trump again on the leash. And I ask her why she had him and she said "I asked your mom and she said I could" I was upset but couldn't do anything. So I was playing with my friends (including my sister and best friend.)in the backyard. I go up to the front yard and see the girl with Trump coming out of the house. And she says to me with a smile "He was hungry!" I started panicking and quickly asked if she fed him and she said yes. So I asked how much and she said "about half of a cup" I run to the backyard and tell my sister and best friend and (my BF has a dog of her own.) Are really upset, and my sister goes to get Trump back. And the girl asked why she had to give him back and my sister said "because he's my dog" and the girl said "Actually she's :my name: dog." My sister asked if I gave her permission to take Trump off of his chain and she said "She told me to ask her mom" UM NO. I DID NOT. So not only did she take the dog off of the chain without my permission and feed him, she lied too. So my sister took him anyway and when he got to the backyard he was whining and crying because his stomach was upset. And I knew she fed him more then "half a cup"
My little brother who is 6 years old told me that they fed him A cup and a half! Are you. FLIPPIN, KIDDING ME. THAT IS TWICE AS MUCH AS HE IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE!
So my dog is not active he's just laying around. And I skipped his dinner.
DO NOT. FEED, SOMEONE ELSE'S DOG.

You should hide the dog food next time she comes over, and try and make the chain harder to undo
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puppyeyez94 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Letting them bark
Soooo darn cute!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.
My RP's that you should join:

Pet's name: Star

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
puppyeyez94

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja984 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 am

Hollyleafcat121 wrote:
ja984 wrote:So today 4 families came over (they come over once a month) and I have my 13 week old puppy named Trump. And this one girl takes Trump off his chain without asking I calmly tell her to put him back and she did. But then 15 minutes later I see her with Trump again on the leash. And I ask her why she had him and she said "I asked your mom and she said I could" I was upset but couldn't do anything. So I was playing with my friends (including my sister and best friend.)in the backyard. I go up to the front yard and see the girl with Trump coming out of the house. And she says to me with a smile "He was hungry!" I started panicking and quickly asked if she fed him and she said yes. So I asked how much and she said "about half of a cup" I run to the backyard and tell my sister and best friend and (my BF has a dog of her own.) Are really upset, and my sister goes to get Trump back. And the girl asked why she had to give him back and my sister said "because he's my dog" and the girl said "Actually she's :my name: dog." My sister asked if I gave her permission to take Trump off of his chain and she said "She told me to ask her mom" UM NO. I DID NOT. So not only did she take the dog off of the chain without my permission and feed him, she lied too. So my sister took him anyway and when he got to the backyard he was whining and crying because his stomach was upset. And I knew she fed him more then "half a cup"
My little brother who is 6 years old told me that they fed him A cup and a half! Are you. FLIPPIN, KIDDING ME. THAT IS TWICE AS MUCH AS HE IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE!

You should hide the dog food next time she comes over, and try and make the chain harder to undo

Yeah we're hiding the food next time, My mom is also going to tell everyone not to feed him, she actually forgot last time, but the girl is I think 12 and wants a dog of her own. And really should have known better.
I have no idea how to make the chain harder to undo though.
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Ja984

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:27 am

ja984 wrote:
Hollyleafcat121 wrote:

Yeah we're hiding the food next time, My mom is also going to tell everyone not to feed him, she actually forgot last time, but the girl is I think 12 and wants a dog of her own. And really should have known better.
I have no idea how to make the chain harder to undo though.

Consider buying a lock of some sort and put away the key in a place where only your family knows where it is, just to be used when people come over.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruffimutt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Friends/family often give my dog treats and table scraps even though I insist they don’t because he will get fat (which he was once before.) and also may have allergies to certain foods that cause him to be itchy.

Because people do this, my dog has a food addiction. He will steal peoples food and fuss when he doesn’t get a piece of someones food. He isn’t super fat or anything, but it annoys me people have done this to my dog. I had a uncle even let my dog lick his ice cream bowls because “he felt bad for him.”
Ruffimutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:21 am

Ruffimutt wrote:Friends/family often give my dog treats and table scraps even though I insist they don’t because he will get fat (which he was once before.) and also may have allergies to certain foods that cause him to be itchy.

Because people do this, my dog has a food addiction. He will steal peoples food and fuss when he doesn’t get a piece of someones food. He isn’t super fat or anything, but it annoys me people have done this to my dog. I had a uncle even let my dog lick his ice cream bowls because “he felt bad for him.”

My granny and cousin have exactly the same excuse! I tell them they are killing their dogs but they don’t listen! Atleast my stepdad would kill them if they tried to give my dog Bella any human food.
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:37 am

This has been mentioned a lot, but feeding them!! I'll let my dog eat human food when I think its okay. I've had people try to feed her the worst things like BBQ and jalapenos! Of course, she will eat them too because she doesn't know any better! Then I have to watch her carefully for 42 hours to make sure she doesn't start vomiting/etc.
Another thing I hate is when my family will "punish" my dog over nothing. She used to pee on the floor so I have worked out a schedule where she won't do that. I have told my family multiple times her schedule is to go outside at 9, as she is more likely to have an accident after then. One day I came home exhausted and they never let her out! I woke up at 11 by chance and she had peed not once but TWICE!!! Now my dad is very angry and he throws her outside anytime he sees her in the house, which is very unfair because its hot outside and the other dogs are allowed to stay in even though one of my other dogs has accidents too.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fiirstcrush » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:42 am

in march i got a betta, hes my best friend and oddly he's grown very attached to me. anyway, i live at my uncles house and when my 6 year old cousin comes over, she starts stomping everywhere! shaking my betta's tank ridiculously then whenever she sees my betta I caught her 8 times in one hour trying to grab him, I told her to stop many times, and even had to pull her away from my desk.
Infuriates me beyond belief, Same with her grabbing my dog and purposefully making him choke himself on his leash by staying out of range and jumping so my dog cant run up to her
fiirstcrush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby risotto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 am

So we moved and my cousin and her 3 year old daughter live near us,, she'll bring her daughter over occasionally and now we have to lock my cat in my bedroom because if we don't she throws her, pulls her tail, and hits her. She gets upset when she wants to pet Kitty (her name was an accident) and Kitty gets mad and leaves. (She can't come over anymore for another reason) Kitty is extremely attached to me, so when I play with her and get her to claw me she can calm down and sleep in my lap. My cousin does nothing about her kid terrorising my cat though, she thinks it's funny. But because of this, she's annoyed by smaller children and gets mad when they touch her tail. My 2 year old nephew is extremely gentle with her and she's still scratched him because he was petting her very fluffy tail.
┌───────────────────┐
rire | it/its | adult
loveless aro
──────
la squadra

TH | art shop
mista enthusiast
risotto nero irl
└───────────────────┘
risotto

My pets
My items