Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby WinterWolf12 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:40 pm

In honor of my many babies.
Bullet 1 & 2
Shady
DJ
King
Shadow
Buttons
Corkey
Muffy
Tiffany
Gilligan
Candy
Cuddles
Pepper
Kitten
Robin
Ace (even though you were the biggest jerk of a Macaw I have ever met)
and so many more that would take me too long to list, I miss you guys everyday
Image,

R.I.P Pepper Unkown-May 4th 2018. Gone but never forgotten </3

WinterWolf12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:12 am

For my baby girl Purdita. She was 14 when she passed, and old age just finally caught up to her. I'm honestly more upset I wasnt there when she passed, and my last memory is of me leaving. I loved her so much though.
Save me a spot and dont forget that it's okay to drool everywhere.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:08 pm

we lost my cat, tinkey, on august 10th, 2020. he was 16 years old. i miss him more and more every day.

we just got his ashes today. he will live on forever in my, and my family's, hearts.

i hope you crossed the rainbow bridge safely, baby. please watch over me and my family.

we'll be together again someday. thank you for making my life brighter.

ford ☆ he/they
thkalspfp
ford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:48 am

we had to say goodbye to Sandy yesterday morning. wish I could have been with her when it happened.
      sleep tight, little love. we miss you more than words can express.

9/17/07-10/16/20
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Oh boy.... Where to even start.
Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my beloved cat Edward, (Eddie for short)
I've been going in and out of crying today as the emptiness has sunk in.
It pains me to know that I'll never see him again, that I'll never hear his Purr, his meow.
I'll never be able to have everything that made him, who he was.

I don't do well, with feelings of anxiety, and sadness. I can't stand that empty, quiet atmosphere as it makes me feel uncertain. Like everything around me isn't stable, and I'll fall into that dark void.
Its because of my family that I've been able to try and keep a semi happy atmosphere.
But n all honestly, we've all been having to hold each other up.

It's hard, and it hurts, Because he was a great cat.
He was a part of my family, and I miss him so much, I wish with all my heart that this was just a nightmare, that I could go looking for him in my house, and find him. I want to call him in the special way that I did.
I just wanted to hold him, to help me get through this grief.
I just so badly want him back...
And i know he's never coming back, and I know it was the right thing, but it hurts.

He was such a big boy, he had a soothing purr that a absolutely loved.
And when ever he purred, he would sometimes give a small wuff.
He would also meow, when he wanted something, or if he was just saying hi.
And i loved to meow back at him, because he would always meow back, and it would become a little meowing conversation.
And sometimes I wonder just talk to him instead of meowing, and have this conversation as if he was telling me something.
He would drool when he gor really happy.
And he would purr so easily, all you had to do was touch him, make eye contact, say his name, and he would purr.
He used to love playing fetch.
He would let me hold him in many different ways, and mess around with him.
He even threw little tantrums when he didn't get something that he wanted when he wanted it, (like food)

He was such a good cat, I'd I'll miss him great.
He's been a part of this family for over 11 years, and I'd do anything to have him back.
But I know he's in a better place, so this candles for him,
Love you big guy. 💔

He's done so much for me, and I'm forever grateful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Please forgive any misspellings, and poor grammar.

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RosharanNoivern » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:18 am

I just learned today that Caladrius, one of my chickens, died. She was a sweet bird and I'll miss her a lot.
RosharanNoivern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghost_raven » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:24 am

Today I just learned that my sweet baby girl Misty was taken from us today
About two-three years ago, I found her outside my house with a calico
I was unsuccessful in getting the calico near me, but Misty came right up (after scratching me, of course)
Since then we’ve become so close

Skip to her first litter of kittens
I was there with her from the time she went into labor to the time they were finally here
She had 6 kits, three females and three males
I practically cried when she finally had them
I wouldn’t sleep in my own bed because I wanted to protect her and her joys
I would sleep out in the garage with her, watching over her as if she were everything to me
We ended up finding homes for the three females, and we kept her and the three males, Freddie, Shadow, and Tom (Freddie ran away a while back and we haven’t seen him since, and I hope he’s doing alright)

Let’s take another skip to her second, and final, litter of kits
Three kit, two females and a male
I got home from school and when she didn’t come running from our porch, I knew something was wrong
I went into the house and remembered I had to do laundry, so I went down there a did it
As a finished, I found her and her new bundles of joy
As I did before, I grabbed an old blanket of mine and curled it to where it would act as a nest for her
I put the four of them in the best and felt proud of myself
I slept in the basement with her and the kits until they were weaned and until they found new homes

Just this morning, everything was alright
I fed her and the boys, gave them so much love, and went back out front to catch the bus
I remember Misty following me out to the bus, only running back for food once she made sure I was on and doing good
I had a good day at school and when I got home, my stepfather pulled me aside and, with my mother, explained everything
He said he was thankful I did not find her on the side of the road as she was hit by a car
When he said that Misty was killed, I couldn’t believe it
The girl I raised, the one I nurtured, the one I couldn’t let go of, the one who’s kits I helped care for
She was dead?
I’m sitting here trying my hardest not to cry
My face hurts so much from holding back tears
My father always told me it was bad to dwell on the bad things, and it was good to remember the good things

I’ll miss Misty
She was my everything
It hurts to know how a careless person hit her and didn’t stop to help when my mother was home and right inside the house

I love you, Misty
I’m just thankful to know you’re not suffering anymore
ghost_raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:32 am

i lost my baby yesterday. she wasn't just any cat, quite literally the sweetest and most loving animal i'd ever met in my life. never bit, never scratched.
she'd been struggling with her back legs for nearly a year. it started when she could no longer jump, as i hoped it'd get better it only got worse. over time her legs gave out, couldn't even use the litter box on her own. we tried medications, everything. it felt so abrupt, knowing how playful she used to be. seeing her unable to just be a cat over this past year has been heartbreaking. yesterday my family and i had to make the most difficult decision ever. i really don't think i've felt grief like that before. she was only 7 years old, and would've been 8 in april, it wasn't fair you had to go so early. love you forever, boo.
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yves » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:19 am

this one goes to my two gerbils, mitzi (13.07.2020) and miffy (16.07.2020). i lost them both within the same week —
due to unrelated causes — and while they may be "just rodents" and not an animal you can form a strong bond with like
a dog or a cat, they were my first pets i've been able to own.

as someone who is studying to become a veterinary nurse, i'm currently in working at a vet practice as part of my
studies. it's been a few months but, still, i've seen and assisted with a few cases where pets have had to been put to
sleep. i've seen dogs, cats, even the occasional hamster or rat. although it's something that i've conditioned myself not
to outwardly show as a requirement to the job, it is upsetting and these aren't even my own pets. so i can only
imagine how the owners must feel. animals are such a huge part of our lives; they're our companionship and support for
many. so this is for those pets, and for their owners who have recently lost a very special part of their lives. i have no
way of getting this out in real life, so this is just me taking a moment for them.
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:31 pm

For Paisley. It's been a while but I still remember petting your head like it was just yesterday. Always had floofy "helmet hair" :lol: Miss your nose poking me and hearing you run when we play hide and seek. Love you always, sweet girl.
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me