Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby elf. » Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Remembering Didi

“ If love could have saved her, she would have lived forever. ”

The average lifespan of a hamster is two years. You lived to be four. I can only hope this was because I took great care of you, and you held on because you enjoyed your time with me as much as I enjoyed it with you.

But, I know with age hamster's joints can get achey. I didn't see any signs of you in pain but I would rather you leave me before that happens. It's hurts for me to say that, but I could never let such a wonderful creature live in those conditions. Didi's death was actually a surprise to me even though she was ancient. You still would pace on your wheel (albeit slower), and you never lost that young sparkle. You seemed as if you could've lived forever.

You helped me through so many terrible events in my life. The way you would wake up and hurry out to me when I would be crying always meant a lot to me. Or when you sat in my lap and had snacks and watched looney tunes with me when I couldn't sleep.

Small rodents are so much more than a just little creature. Animals like hamsters and rats grow close enough bonds to where they actually crave attention from their owners. I think animals are always very intuitive no matter their size or proven intelligence. We cared for eachother.

I think about you often, Didi. Born on 2/14 and lost on 11/11. What special dates you chose; numbers meaning love and luck.
elf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coldshade » Thu May 28, 2020 1:06 am

I would like to light a candle for my two rat friends Loki & Spike who I've lost this year in winter/spring...
I adopted them because my friend was no longer able to care for them and I hope they had a happy life with me - they sure gave me a lot so I hope they were happy about the treats I gave to them :3
I love you two - have fun on the other side of the rainbow and say hi to all your new friends out there :)

Coldshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby La Volpe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 am

Image last month i lost my 16 year old cat noby.
      i pretty much grew up with him my whole life
      and he helped me through some tough times.
      thank you for being such an amazing cat.
      rest easy old man
aaron ── he/him
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amanda♡ » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 am

2 weeks ago, I lost my dog siffler who was almost 2. He got hit by a car. Poor baby lost his life way too soon. Rest easy. You were such a good boy. Still breaks my heart.
Amanda♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K4T13!! X3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:19 pm

This candle is for Smutt, my orange bean. He, unfortunately, was sent to the angels of the morning of September 30, 2017. He wasn't just a cat, he was one of my best friends. When I first saw him like that, my heart just broke. The average lifespan of a cat is 12-15 years, but you only lived a year and a few months. If I could've saved you, Smutt, trust me, I would've. I would've. You've gotten me through good times, and bad. I miss you so much, and I wish that you never had to leave my side at a young age, because I really need your support right now. The summer of 2016 was the best summer of my life, and when you came, my summer got even better. But then, a year and a few months later, disaster struck, and I had just woken up, and saw you, then my heart just stopped and broke. You were so sweet to this world, and the world was sweet to you.

Rest In Peace, Smutt. I wonder if you miss me as much as I miss you.

R.I.P Smutt, AKA Good Boy, AKA My Best (Cat) Friend.

2016-2017
Last edited by K4T13!! X3 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I'm Katie! My pronouns are she/they!
I used to play this game a few years back,
but forgot the password, so I'm starting over!
(admins, please don't ban me for this)
This account is a safe space for everyone!
@pets! wishlistcs discordsother

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

x
K4T13!! X3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caitlin Killer Frost » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 am

We had to put my beloved cat Toma to sleep yesterday due to kidney failure.

My whole house is in mourning. I don't think I'll ever be whole again. He made my life so much better and would always comfort me when my depression and anxiety became too much. He befriended every person he met and knew exactly how to provide you with the affection you needed.

He was such a strong, handsome boy, a beautiful animal. He was only five years old. It's not fair. He should have had so much more time. I wish I just had more time to spend with him.

Rest in peace, Toma. I will never stop missing you. May StarClan light your path.
Just a girl who loves cats, musicals, and comic books. Also, I wish I had ice powers.
Female|She/Her|Hetero/Ace|ISFP|Slytherin|Adult

Caitlin Killer Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ILoveYou3000 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:37 am

Creampuff

Around six or seven years ago I lost my cat named Creampuff, he was a cream coloured cat which is why I named him Creampuff. My neighbor didn't like my family that much and took every opportunity to make our lives miserable, I was youngish at the time so I didn't know why they would do this until later on, but why they would kill a little child's cat I'll never know, I never did anything to them to make them hate me.

Anyways, cats are known to travel, especially male cats. It's impossible to keep them home unless they are indoor cats, which none of mine ever were. And Creampuff loved to wander, but he always came back.

However, on this day I saw what happened. My neighbor's wife was coming down the road in her white car and saw my cat making his way across the road, and when a cat sees something coming their way they tend to freeze up, like a deer caught in headlights.

I was outside when she did what I'm about to tell you, playing with my older sister's dog which we no longer have as it died due to old age. Anyways, when my neighbors wife saw that my cat was in the middle of crossing the road she sped up, and hit my cat, then proceeded to fly down the road. When my small child brain processed this I started to cry, and my mother ended up going to our neighbors yelling about how they purposely killed a child's cat

They also killed my dog, but that is a story for another time. But we no longer live near then so we don't have to worry about them trying to kill off any of our animals anymore.

Creampuff was about a year or two old when he died, but that doesn't matter. He was a living thing who didn't deserve to go out like that. He is one pet that I'll never forget, literally named a statue of a cat after him since it looks just like him.

That was long(ish) I shall end this here now
I am gone but you can find me on DapperVolk!

ILoveYou3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KayMarie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:42 am

For Moose

On Monday, June 29, 2020, my chihuahua puppy, Moose, had what would be his first of many, many seizures. After an emergency vet visit and overnight hospitalization, the vet informed us that Moosey had an autoimmune disease that was causing his body to attack it's own platelets which resulted in a brain bleed that they couldn't get under control. They told us that there wasn't really much they could do, so my boyfriend and I had to make the heartbreaking decision to have him euthanized.

Moose left this world on June 30, 2020. He fell asleep in my arms and I held him as he passed. I can only hope that I brought my sweet baby comfort in his final moments. He was exactly 9 weeks old. Moosey was a sweetheart until the end and loved being held and cuddled and loved giving kisses.
Completely open to trades!
Call me Kay
She/her pronouns
Adult
Taken <3
KayMarie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monorail2.0 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:21 pm

This is for ivy, my veiled chameleon who passed away 2 months ago today from a possible hereditary disease or a disease she had from birth. I got her at 3 months of age and after 1 month she unfortunately passed. I still miss her, she was such an innocent friendly chameleon.
Monorail2.0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccer97 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:37 pm

This is for my chocolate lab Toby who died last March. He had a malignant tumor growing on his back paw and it suddenly burst one day. The vets bandaged his leg up, but a few days later he ate the bandage and the entire tumor. My mom rushed him to the emergency room once again and they bandaged his leg up again. But they told us that now because it was a huge open wound, it would probably not heal and get infected.

The day I got that phone call, my heart broke. I was away at college and didn't have a car to go home. Plus, midterms were next week so I couldn't go home. So after one hard week of pain, grief, studying, and crying my sister picked me up and drove me home so I could say goodbye to my best friend of 12 years. I only got a few hours with him before we drove him to the vet. And it was like he knew it was his last ride because he stuck his head out the window, something I hadn't seen him do in a long time.

So this one goes out to you Tobes. I hope you are having fun chasing soccer balls in heaven.
Pet's name: Toby
RIP Toby. <3
soccer97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me