Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby iceflurry » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 am

I light this candle in remembrance of Jay. Jay had a very short life, only living five days before he passed away. He was a light gray tabby kitten, and died because of an unidentified sickness. His mother neglected him because she was a first time mom and didn't know how to properly care for him, and his brother Stormfur, his only sibling, died the day before Jay did. When he was a few minutes old his umbilical cord wrapped around his back foot, causing serious swelling and stopping the blood from flowing. I syringe-fed him because his mother wouldn't nurse him, and heated dish cloths to wrap around him and keep him warm. Sadly though, he died, and it was the saddest I've ever been.
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby felidthing » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:51 am

This is for the dog my grandparents had when I was a kid. He was a German Shepherd named Pastor (like the food, not the religious thing). He was incredibly gentle with me and my brother, and a talented hunter. He could catch turkeys! Mind you, those birds can run up to 20 mph. He got into fights with porcupines and raccoons, and died at 11 of cancer. He was happy and lovable to the end.

Rest in piece, Pastor; thanks for letting me ride you like a horse.
Image Image

collecting every cat!! please trade me
doing art for cats or c$

he/it | adult | felidthing on flight rising and pixel cat's end
most active between 3:00-11:00pm PST (22:00-6:00 GMT i think)
i love warriors, soul eater, and minecraft (as well as hermitcraft, the life series, and orphan's path)
also love my chemical romance, ada rook, grandson, thursday, la dispute, and three days grace

felidthing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fright. » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:32 am

I'm so sorry for all of your losses.. I'm glad to hear they've had a happy life. I'd like to light a candle, to remember my cat Sammy. He was stubborn, and skiddish but a sweetheart. He had died a couple months ago. He lost his strength in his back legs, due to being
attacked by a group of dogs. Me and my sister, spent days waiting in the laundry room to see if he was able to walk again. It hurt to
see him like that for so long. I'm glad he had a happy life, and he died peacefully..

Rest in Peace:
Sammy :cry:
fright.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foulcat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 am

Image I will light this candle in the memory of my cat Smurfette. Smurfette was a he, despite his name. The thing is: when we first brought him home, we weren't sure what to name him. I wanted to give him a name from my favorite TV show and I wanted it to be in English, even though my English at that time wasn't very good. I was browsing the web for the characters' names and I thought Smurfette sounded nice.

He was a very fierce cat with a wild nature. This didn't stop even after we neutered him. He would go to regular trips outside without our knowledge and bring us injured birds(mostly pigeons).
One day in 2013, when he was 3 years old, he went to a trip and didn't return. We got worried about him so we went searching outside and hung these "lost cat" posters. I used to think that it only happened in movies until I did it myself. After a couple of days, a stranger have found his body and informed us. He found our number in his collar. He probably got ran over by a car.

I may not have been near you in your last moments, but you are missed, Smurfette.
||-||-||-||-||-||-||
Welcome to my garden.
❀❀❀❀❀

ImageImageImage
I have returned
Foulcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

A candle in memory and honor of our wonderful and loving dog, Cassie, who passed away in our home tonight, surrounded by all of her human family. She was 14~ years old.

You were so sweet and brave to the very end. Thank you so much for bringing immeasurable joy to our lives; we all love you. <333
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taddio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Lighting a candle for my fishes that died in 2018 and 2019. They were all the same small fish species but I cared for them all. It saddens me to see my fish living for only a few years, but I have to endure it.

Lighting a candle for my slightly larger fish that died last year. We had left our fish in our friend's care while we went to the Phillipines. Though he died, they gave us a new fish in place of him.

And lighting a candle for my dear dog Lang Lang. I was hoping to spend my 2nd holiday to the Phillipines with her. I miss the days where she would chase me because I was holding a packet of chicken. I miss the days where my mom would tell me off for feeding Lang Lang during dinners. I missed when she chased after me and my older brother while we were on a motorcycle and she got to be in the front on the ride home. I just, really miss her.

Thank you for letting this post exist so I could light a few candles in memory of my friends. I sure hope that they are living good lives in the afterlife.
Taddio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scar-R-ed » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:45 pm

Image In memory of my dear dog Hayfa who died on 5th January 2020. She was old, fat and smelly but she was the only real family I've ever had and the sole support I had during my teenage years. I'm so sorry I couldn't take you with me when I left for university. I really wanted. I'm so sorry you've been neglected by my parents, so sorry they stopped giving you the meds you needed, so sorry you had to die in pain. I will feel responsible for your pain til my own death and will miss you every moment of my life. Rest in power, Hayfa.
Scar-R-ed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cøpacetic » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:41 am

Hey ya’ll. For the past 11 years I’ve owned a beautiful sable and white rough collie (think lassie). His name was Collin and he passed away this morning. In his memory, I want to start a hoard of a pet that looks most like him. Would anybody be able to tell me some pets they think would be close? As I said above, he looked like lassie, but he had floppy ears. Thanks
ρℓεαsε тяα∂ε мε тнιs ρεт ғσя мү нσαя∂ ιη мεмσяү σғ мү ∂σg cσℓℓιη

♥ 01.08.08 - 04.10.20 ♥

Cøpacetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 pm

I lost my cat of 15 years about 3 years ago.

He and I grew up together. I have autism, and socialization was particularly difficult for me at a younger age. Everything my siblings would do with their friends, I would do with my cat. We went to the park together. We ate together. He would sit with me while I studied. He watched me grow up, and was there through stupid teen heartbreak, graduation, college acceptance, and even my transition to graduate school. He was even with me on my first date (movie night at my parents' place, nothing big). He was with me while I grew from a goofy little kid into a real adult woman.

For my undergraduate years, he had to live with my parents because my health needs kept me relegated to a non pet-friendly dormitory. My mom would call me and tell me that my cat was waiting for me by the door, confused each day that I wasn't coming home after school. His life revolved around me. On many weekends, I'd come home and be with him and he would be so happy to see me. I felt glad that my parents were loving him just how he deserved to be loved.

I missed him so badly that I signed a lease to pay a lot more money to live in an apartment with the amenities I require that allowed pets. Just in time for grad school! I was due to move in July, about 3 years ago. Late that May, he died. He was 15, and his decline was so fast. In just under a week he went from a robust kitty to a frail one who could hardly breathe. I wasn't ready.

So many changes happened in my life during that Summer and Fall, that while I was with him when he passed, the loss still doesn't feel real.

My friend sent me a letter when he died. He wrote that I'll never stop missing him, but the sting of loss will be different as I heal. I think about that a lot. I read a lot of your stories and my heart goes out to everyone else posting here.

I hope that we can all be strong through loss together, and always remember the happy times in our hearts.
v Help me with my hoard? ♡ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beanpole » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:46 am

This is for Jelly, my cross eyed tabby with CH who had to be put to sleep April 1st 2019 after a dog attack.
I loved this little man to much to let him go but it had to be done.
Hope my grandfathers taking good care of him. <3

This one is for Thelma, a gray loving cat, she passed some time in the summer of 2018 after having an unknown illness.
I miss her so much, as I grew up with her, and she was quite the comforting cat.

This is for Kiwi my little green verbal parrot who passed away in October of 2015 after getting sick with slap cheek.
Hope he's doing good.

This is for me and my sisters dwarf hamsters Chewie and Toffee two chubby little farts.
They both passed away in early 2016

This is for all of my fish and the strays that have passed over the years.
I miss all of you.
trades are open, feel free to dm me!

bean - any pronouns - gemini

───────
beanpole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me