Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm

lost one of the rabbits, Jazzy, today. She was the runt of her litter and we had her since April. She was adopted with her older sister Froppy. We arent sure what the cause of death was, it was very sudden. She was very outgoing and while she wasnt fond of being held, she liked sitting on your lap and being pet. I'll miss her a lot. She wasnt my pet, moreso belonged to my sister and my parents, so I never really spent much time with her, but I still loved her. She was very soft.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–—π–Šπ–†π–˜π–šπ–—π–Š"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–Žπ–‘π–›π–Šπ–— 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–Œπ–”π–‘π–‰."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:19 pm

this candle is for my boy, feisty.

i remember getting you when you were just a little kitten, alongside your brothers. i can't remember if i were the one that forced you to be mine or if you chose me, but whatever happened i feel very lucky to say that you were my boy. i do remember how you got your name, you were so silly. i loved when we just got you, you were still feral but so, so sweet. you would hiss your little head off but as soon as you were put against my chest you would purr, purr, purr. that's the little feisty attitude i knew. i can't believe i watched you grow up over the years, caring for me and provided me the comfort i always needed only to need to put you down one day. it's something that i can't forgive myself for and i would've done everything to save you, but it was the best choice. i could have never put you through the agonizing pain just to try to make myself feel better. i hope you knew that was the hardest thing i've ever done in my life, and if i could do anything for you i would. you were truly the best cat i've had and the best cat i'll ever have. rest in peace, i will forever love you.
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby god » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 am

i first made this post while i was very broken up over a recent loss.
it still stings (of course), but i want to properly say how much my recently passed pets mean to me.

smugie, you were the best friend i ever had. it was as if you could tell whenever i was sad, because you would hop on my lap while i was crying and stay there until i calmed down. it's been a year now, and i still cry over how i couldn't be with you in the end.

toast, even though you started to go senile toward the end, you never stopped being a sweetheart. i have never known a more friendly and playful cat.

wilbur, your bro-cat misses you. the day after you unexpectedly passed away, he sat in your usual spot and wouldn't move for a long time.

kaboodle, i'm glad you were able to live a better life than what you had on that farm. you were easily the best hunter of all the cats as a result of your upbringing.
Last edited by god on Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
god

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaβΈΈan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:12 am

RIP
Elle, my childhood family dog, black lab. She was my gdads hunting dog and now they hunt together in the great beyond. She lived a full life.

Snuggles, the tortoise shell cat from my childhood, she was there even before Ellie, skittish, and was a indoor cat. She lived a full life.

Duke, pup of Ellie, chocolate lab, he had kidney issues and i always blamed myself for being to rough with him when we roughed housed since he was the runt of the litter, didnt make it to two years.

Peter, a albino store rabbit, a raccoon got him, he other than snuggles was my first small pet.

Luna and dark, Zebra finiches, sorry littles guys i wish i wasnt so dumb and careless when i was a kid. The same goes for any mice, and fish i had in may care when i was in early middle school.

Ill miss you all and im sorry for saying im an animal lover and couldnt keep some of you alive when i couldve.
I'm quit Chickensmoothie, I have given my pets away to a friend. Thanks for the memories everyone!
SaβΈΈan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lord Apollo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:25 pm

The day I lost my bunny was easily one of the worst days of my life.

Her name was Beans and she was a black lop mix. She was incredibly sweet, but incredibly naughty too. She was a very picky eater and loved bananas but hated anything healthy. She liked to lay down in front of our fireplace and in the summertime, she'd hog up all the cool air by laying down on the air vents. Beans was a funny and energetic bunny and everyone who met her automatically loved her. She used to go to a pet hotel when my family and I would leave town and she always had good report cards. The hotel staff loved her and said she was so well behaved. That's the thing about Beans, around everyone else she was so "well behaved" but at home she was a menace! Haha. She was a free roam bunny, so she used to roam around the house and get into places she wasn't supposed to go because she'd always figure out a way to get around her baby gates, and she didn't like snuggling very much. If you held her too long when she didn't want to be held, she'd pee on you out of spite. Which we knew was out of spite because she was potty trained and never had any accidents.

She was my first pet that I've ever lost. She was sweet and funny and I miss her so much. I hope she liked me, and I hope I was able to give her the best life she could have ever hoped for.
Lord Apollo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snomdancing » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:07 am

I light my candle for my pet rabbits, snowy and spot. They would always cheer me up when I was sad. They got a disease a month after we adopted them. I still hear those two playing in the sun on April even though they are being cared for by the sacred, kind god himself.
Every day back then, I would usually play with spot outside. My mum probably forgot about them since it seems like we never actually had rabbits because we haven't talked about them for a entire year. Snowy I guess was 13, and spot was 10.
It was the same funeral for the two of them. Mum saw that one was poorly, she rocks it in her hand for a moment, and it suddenly dies. Lighting my candle for those little ones sounds like a hard job for me.
:cry:
snomdancing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grenblen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:40 am

My baby guinea pig Cupcake died from the cold after our heater broke in the middle of the night. He died on the 15th, but we only just got to bury him yesterday. I feel so bad, but I don't think there was anything I could have done. I was asleep. The thing that makes it worse is that people have been blaming me and calling me a bad pet owner. I really tried, I swear. I wouldn't ever intentionally let my baby die. He was so small.
grenblen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lisica, » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 am

skye β™₯

my heart dog.

she lived the best life ever. she had so many friends, had more of a sense of humour than any dog i'll ever know, and she just seemed to know everything. she became ill and declined really quickly with hemangiosarcoma of the spleen. we lost her on september 20th 2020. she wasn't in pain and was surrounded by her people so I can't ask for any more but i just was not prepared. it was so unexpected.

I hated that then but I suppose I'm thankful for it now. we never had to watch her grow too old.

thank you for the 12 most wonderful years. I'm missing you all the time.

godspeed, skeeks.
lisica,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:33 am

Ginger

Ginger passed away back in 2009, I was in middle school.
She wasn’t well in the morning and my parents told me they’d wait to take her in till I got home...
Needless to say that wasn’t the case. She got much worse when I was in school.
She couldn’t stand anymore and constantly threw up this yellow foam looking stuff.
My dad had to carry her in the vet to be put to sleep.
She was a German Shepherd mix of some sorts. But I loved her. She was my best friend.
She was 16 years old almost 17. I still miss her dearly to this day.

Until we meet again, my sweet girl. <3

Puff

What can I say about this boy. I rescued him from a local pet store called Pet Supplies Plus.
He was sick when I bought him, I took him to the vet the next day to figure everything out.
He had MBD, couldn’t shed properly, was just really sick.
He was a good bearded dragon though, I helped him for the short few months I had him.
I tried so hard, I know it wasn’t my fault and I know I tried everything I could.
I’m sorry buddy, I’ll see you soon bud.

Hazel

Hazel was another beardie I bought from petco.
She also came to me with MBD. ultimately I tried for a few weeks before she passed peacefully.

Louis

Lou was a leopard gecko. She was a great girl.
I got her from petco and had her for about 5 years.
I’m assuming she died from age? Everything was fine and she was fine eating and all the night before.
Woke up next day and she was on her back in the middle of her tank not breathing and stuff.

Miss you Lou. I’ll see you later.
your β–Ίβ–Ίβ–Ί
─────────────.
Image Image

β–‘ β–‘β–‘
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❀️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xunerose » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am

For Bear, my best friend who passed too young. 4 years old, he was in his prime, healthy and handsome and the best dog I'll ever have had the pleasure of befriending. He allowed me to sob on him, and pressed his head against me to comfort me. You'll always be in my heart Bear. I love you.
xunerose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me