Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby fletch » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 pm

I've never actually done something before so I'll just wing it, I suppose. This is supposed to be for my guinea pig Romeo, who died two years ago come May 1 (i.e: May 1, 2013). We only had him for roughly four years but he made a massive imprint on me. As I have not been allowed a dog due to my dad's allergies, we got a guinea pig instead and I was a little skeptical at first. However, when I got a tiny little timid runt guinea pig with brown and white fur I was instantly smitten. He was my best friend from the start and we were so close that I taught him to follow me around the house, do tricks, and he'd even come to bed with me and sometimes he'd whine until I gave him his cuddles at night. When I was sad I'd always come to him. He was definitely attached to me as he'd only follow me and he'd only ever sleep with me and even gave me little signature piggy 'licks' like my current pig does (a little too much...slobbery thing). About three months before he died, we came home from vacation to find that during his time with a sitter he'd grown awfully sick. He got thinner, he stopped wanting to be a happy little piggy with a border collie, cheeky-like personality...One day he was so sick that when I put him back in his cage he couldn't even walk and I stayed home from going out that night to hold him on the couch while he slowly got weaker. At some point he couldn't even hold his head up and he died there in my arms. I've never seen anything die before me so it was probably the scariest but strangest and sort of most peaceful experience of my life. I talked to him the entire time and I was almost certain he licked me at one point even though he hadn't done that the entire time he'd been sick. I've never really lost anyone before that so it was probably the worst feeling I'd ever felt at the time. But Romeo helped me through a very hard time in my life and I'm glad that I had my best furry friend by my side through those scary years of growing up.

This goes out to Lux, who died not quite a year ago roughly about August 28, 2014. About a month or two after Romeo passed I decided to volunteer at my local pet store like I usually do, and I found two very young and very skittish little piggies. One was a chubby little ginger girl who reminded me a lot of my placid Romeo in personality so I decided to take her home -- then realized she was female. I never got along with female pets very well and I suppose I sort of wanted to have my own little Romeo baby again who was attached to me only, but I caved and I got another one: a teeny, runty little black girl whom I called Lux. I named the ginger one Kahlua, who is still with me today and is actually under the table nibbling my ankles...Lux and Kahlua sort of helped me to recover after losing Romeo and they soon became my buddies. I'd have Kahlua on my lap and Lux on my shoulder while I did homework. Lux never really lost her timid edge but she was such a sweet, happy little girl that you couldn't help but fall in love with her. I liked to call her my little 'Lux-a-chu' when she was on my shoulder. We got her and Kahlua these little snuggle baskets but Kahlua was so fat she couldn't fit in her extra large one while Lux could curl up perfectly in her tiny little circular bed and puff happily. One day an accident happened and I dropped Lux and I felt horrid after. I don't know if her illness was attached to this, but Lux had always been a little odd. She was very small and she didn't respond very well to 'sights' and her eyes always had this bluish tinge which sort of led us to believing she might've been born blind. While on vacation she passed, and I felt like I'd lost Romeo all over again. But I'm happy for the short time that I had her (her sister is turning two in a few days) and I'm glad that I still have Kahlua to remember her by.

Lastly this goes out to my friend's cat, Ralphy, who passed away today roughly five hours ago. He was a great big male tabby cat who lived to a ripe age of 22. He's been around for longer than I have and I honestly cannot imagine going to their house and being there without him. I used to see him every day and I started to think of him as my own pet. My mom and I used to take care of him for his family when they were on vacation and whenever we'd open the door, he'd meow happily and run downstairs as fast as his old legs could take him and we'd scoop him up. He was the most placid and sweet tomcat I've ever met and I don't think that there's any cat just like him. Even a few months ago he was still catching mice and any sort of rodent unfortunate enough to wander into his yard. I like to play piano occasionally so when I'd go to their house I'd use their big grand piano to play 'Let it Be' on the piano and Ralphy would be right up there on my lap or sometimes the keyboard. I liked to think he loved to listen to the music but perhaps he really just wanted attention. As of lately Ralphy, despite being a very strong elderly cat, has slowly been getting weaker and today he's reached the end of his journey. Just a few hours ago they went to put him down. I wish I could have said goodbye properly but I know that he has lived a long and very happy life with a lot of interesting adventures and mice to chase.
fletch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Earlier this year on march 8th my border collie Mick passed. we had him for 13 long years got him when he was 8 months. He hated other dogs but he always stuck close too me and honestly he was protective of me.
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antelabbit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 am

This is for my cat Samantha, who passed in April of 2010. She was a gorgeous cat, with a pure white coat and bright blue eyes. My parents got her as a kitten in 1994 or so, and since I wasn't born until 1999, I'd known her all my life and was devastated when she passed. Although, she'd been in pretty poor condition healthwise, and we were about to move out of state at the time and didn't want any stress put upon her, so her death was really for the better. Doesn't stop me from missing sweet old Sam-Sam, though. ;n;

At least I inherited my great aunt's toy poodle, but still...

Ayy! I'm Antelabbit. I love rabbits and all things similar. :3
Antelabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soanala » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:31 pm

I just lost my dog really early this morning. I heard whining and thought it was Macey wanting to go outside for potty time, but when my husband went out to check on her, he screamed, and yelled for me. I couldn't have stumbled out of my chair any faster or even ran down our hallway. What I saw when I got there, was my baby boy limp in his arms, unable to move or stand. I freaked out and began to cry instantly, and took him into my arms and made a mad dash for the kitchen. I didn't understand what was wrong, because just a few hours ago, he was happy, and fine. And it dawned on me just how easy something so sweet and happy can take a turn for the worse.

I gave him water, pedialyte, sugar water even, and I had my husband call the vet right away. Nobody answered, he kept trying and trying, still no answer from this supposed emergency number. After giving my dog water, he perked up just slightly, and I wrapped him up in some towels and brought him into the bedroom. I layed him down on my bed and in silence and in shock myself, I curled up around him and held him close, and just cried.

I knew it was too late now. Nobody was available for us to get him help. After 20 minutes he started to go into shock, and eventually passed away. This feeling of dread that I am feeling now, I wouldn't even wish this on my worst of enemies. It's too painful of a burden to bare.

Snow, I'm sorry! I tried everything I could do to help you hold on and it wasn't enough! I feel like I've let you down, even though, I couldn't help the circumstances. I hope and pray you are resting peacefully now and your pain is over. I loved you the first day I met you, and I will forever love you until the one day where I hope we meet again.

Please forgive me my sweet sweet baby ;-;
Soanala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Most recently i have lost my mouse, paige. i made the brave decision of putting her down and not seeing her suffer, it was hard but also i felt happy, that she wasnt in pain. she is on of my first mice in my whole life i miss her very much.
~ 27/12/14 - 7/3/15 ~
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Very sad day...

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am

We took our cat to the vet about a month ago... Today she's going for a checkup.... But she's just deteriorating..... We've scheduled to humanly put her to sleep because she's suffering....

She's only 2 1/2 years old...
She's a Siamese/Snowshoe mix...
Her name is Sox

That's my little princess
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Very sad day...

Postby the_fallen_angel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm

whats wrong with her?
the_fallen_angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Very sad day...

Postby Marley.&.Me » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:22 am

She had cancer....
And it got to the point where they couldn't save her and she probably wouldn't have survived surgery...
Humanly euthanasia was the best way to go at her point....

The main thing is that she's not in pain anymore
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blue neighbourhood » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 pm

My aunt's cat passed away on Sunday 26th. Her name was Mimi, a gorgeous brown tabby with a white chest and paws.
We got her in 2012, originally for my brother (as it was his birthday), but we were allergic so we had to give Mimi to my aunt who lived down the street. It wasn't sad for us though, because we still got to see her everyday.
But there was a main road opposite my aunt's house. A lady from the other side of the street kept on feeding Mimi, so the poor cat went back for more. When she was running across to see if she would give her some, she was hit.
Attachments
Mimi 2.PNG
My little kitty <3
Mimi 2.PNG (439.72 KiB) Viewed 90 times
blue neighbourhood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 am

RIP FLUFFY
??-2013/14

Around 2 years ago I lost my little cute pet named Fluffy, she was a degu (search it up).

I got her for my birthday and whenever i walked into the room she used to go up to the entrance of her cage and waited for me. I will always miss her ;-;
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xImage

xxxᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛxx
xx..x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxx.xthey/he.xx adult
xx.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.xxxMy Art xYouTube
x
x
x
x