The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby squishyhamster » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Username;;
squishyhammy

Own a ferret?;;
Yes! A year old little boy named Oliver!

Your ferret photo;;
All of them are on my phone :lol:
squishyhamster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 am

Look at these sketches of my woozuls my friend did for me! This was her first time ever drawing ferrets!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:52 am

Did some cage rearranging for my woozuls today! I try to change their cage setup once a week at least so that it's not the same thing every day.

Before:

And after:
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CarpetShark » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 am

Posted new update
Last edited by CarpetShark on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always looking for these guys!
CarpetShark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tabbster » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:25 pm

n/a
Last edited by Tabbster on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabbster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby (de)cipher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 pm

-snip-

i wont be getting the ferret...the woman backed out on me...
Ill still read on here until i get my little fuzzbutt
at least thats some sort of leftover happiness i have now
Last edited by (de)cipher on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Offacount cuties <3
ImageImage
(Someday i will have you all)

(de)cipher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:43 am

Well Im sure you've already seen that ferrets are obligate carnivores, so that should give you an idea of what kind of diet they need. A balanced raw diet is best, but can be hard to do!

High quality cat food can also be fed, but you'll need to take a good look at the ingredients. Peas have been linked to bladder stones in ferrets, which can kill them. A lot of grain free foods use peas as their bonding ingredient. Many ferret owners choose to avoid peas altogether. I feed Orijen Regional Red which does have peas in it, but they're the 17th ingredient which means they only make up a minuscule portion of the food.

Food charts!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby (de)cipher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 am

Transkitty wrote:Well Im sure you've already seen that ferrets are obligate carnivores, so that should give you an idea of what kind of diet they need. A balanced raw diet is best, but can be hard to do!

High quality cat food can also be fed, but you'll need to take a good look at the ingredients. Peas have been linked to bladder stones in ferrets, which can kill them. A lot of grain free foods use peas as their bonding ingredient. Many ferret owners choose to avoid peas altogether. I feed Orijen Regional Red which does have peas in it, but they're the 17th ingredient which means they only make up a minuscule portion of the food.

Food charts!

Thank you! May i ask a few questions , that i couldnt find answers to ( honestly i might just be a bit to paranoid :lol: but i really want to make sure the little guy is safe. Especially since he'll be just a kit)

1. What litter would be good for the box ? Since i read that it should not be clumpable and it should be dust free (as the can cause complications).
2. How warm should the kit be kept? A.k.a extra blankets or anything else.
3. What treats are good for them ? Since in my country ferrets arent as popular and i believe the most common ones are the gel- like ones.
4. And lastly , i've been getting mixed information on what they are/aren't allowe to eat . For example milk and peanut butter (in small portions) some say it's okay to give them a little bit if the ferret wants , but others say to avoid it ultimately .

Sorry to spam out the thread , but it would be really great to hear from people who own ferrets and know their stuff .
Thank you in advance ^^^
My Offacount cuties <3
ImageImage
(Someday i will have you all)

(de)cipher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Tbh, I am not actually thinking of getting a ferret anytime soon, since I just got my bunny 2 weeks ago, but I Love ❤️ ferrets! :D
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banter. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:58 pm

~Napu~ wrote:
-snipped-

Hi Napu :)
1. I personally use recycled paper pellets. Easy clean up :) I've also used wood pellets and I know a lot of ferret owners use them, I stopped because it turns to dust when it gets wet and they track it everywhere. However, it is very cost effective!
2. Ferrets love to burrow in blankets, so I would put some in there. Just make sure the kit isn't chewing and ingesting it (they like to chew when they're babies xD)
3. I would not use the gel treats (if you are referring to ferretvite or furovite). They are full of sugar that can cause insulinoma later in life. Good treats would be salmon oil or meat: raw or freeze dried.
4. Absolutely no milk or peanut butter. Ferrets are obligate carnivores meaning they should only eat meat. You should do some reading on insulinoma, it's a common condition in ferrets :(
Banter.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me