The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby Puffy the Hyena » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 am

~LunarWolf~ wrote:
Puffy the Hyena wrote:My parents forbid me from having ferrets because of their "savage nature" and "bad smell" but boy oh boy do I love them so much. Their adorable little boople snoots and wiggly bodies are absolutely adorable and everyone here has such cute babies! We must keep this thread alive, I need more wiggly cat snakes.

That sucks. Ferrets are great pets. Find informational websites (make sure they are reputable) and videos and show them to your parents. You can start by just casually mentioning facts randomly, then showing cute videos, etc... That might help warm them up to ferrets a little bit. I live with my boyfriend, so just went and got our first one after I felt I had done enough research

I plan on getting one once I move out, which will be in a year or so. I can't complain about my parents a whole lot, because I still managed to snag myself 6 pets, including a rat (which my mother was COMPLETELY against 5 years ago). I also accidentally got my dad really into hamsters because he wants to get one of his own now, whoops!
x

┌───────┐

Current
hyperfixation:

Disney
Duckverse

quack

└───────┘

┌─────────────────────┐

Howdy! I'm Puffy Wuffy, or just Puffy!

She/her • Autistic • Furry • Rodent lover
I only have the brain capacity to focus on
one fandom at a time, check my carrd
for all the stuff I'm into lol

This is Steve. He's hopes you have
a wonderful Autism Awareness month!

└─────────────────────┘

┌───────┐

Sig formatting
by Lacuna -->©

Art in pfp
done by me!

└───────┘
x
Puffy the Hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swiftheart54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:35 am

Ahh I forgot about this thread ❤️ I have 2 little carpet sharks named Roamer and Charlie. Roamer is a sable and is the oldest and is like Charlie’s big brother. Charlie is a lighter cream color. Roamer is always getting into everything he possibly can and Charlie is always following him. But I think that makes him smarter because you can tell that those wheels are turning in his head when he is thinking about something Lol. it will be Charlie’s first birthday on the 19th yay

Awww everyones ferrets are so cute! c: man it was hard for me to get my ferrets i had to beggg my mom to let me get one lol then i really wanted another and had to beg and still want more lol it ish a dangerous never ending cycle with me!!! :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0804 (1).jpg
here is both of them c:
IMG_0804 (1).jpg (91.05 KiB) Viewed 79 times
IMG_0888 (2).jpg
Here is my Charlie boy c:
IMG_0888 (2).jpg (74.44 KiB) Viewed 79 times
IMG_1004 (1).jpg
My floppy Roamie boy
IMG_1004 (1).jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 79 times
swiftheart54

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 am

@swiftheart54

Awww your boys looks so happy! Ferrets are so great! I couldn’t have one as a kid so I had to wait to move out to get some of my own ^_^ mine were all rescues!

Does anyone here feed their ferrets a raw diet? I have tried but one of mine in the business won’t even eat a raw egg, let alone meat :c

Eevee / Formerly Bleedingjay
looking to complete
my item collection. Any wl
items are greatly appreciated.
currently looking for dreamies:
pps malk dragon, td coontail, ba and bmd
I hoard B&W border collies and Grey Border Collies.
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 am

Bleedingjay wrote:Anyone here feed their ferrets a raw diet? I have tried but one of mine in the business won’t even eat a raw egg, let alone meat :c

I tried to feed mine raw too, but they won't eat it either. My oldest actually thinks he's human and tries to eat human food every chance he gets :lol:
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swiftheart54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:03 am

Bleedingjay wrote:@swiftheart54

Awww your boys looks so happy! Ferrets are so great! I couldn’t have one as a kid so I had to wait to move out to get some of my own ^_^ mine were all rescues!

Does anyone here feed their ferrets a raw diet? I have tried but one of mine in the business won’t even eat a raw egg, let alone meat :c

Thanks!. yeah i try to keep them happy :) aw that sucks. parents can be crazy sometimes lol my mom wants me to get ride of them because she said they stink to much? lol we have a dog and a cat and they have stink to! ah no one will ever understand ferret love unless you have one or are an animal lover!. Im not getting ride of them though and am moving out in about a year or less. i just finished my college class i need to start working <3

I haven't fed mine any raw diets. yeah... im not going to lie i feed mine the marshal brand food, I hate feeding them that but its what i can afford atm. And it is what they where raised on. when i first got roamer i was going to buy the wysong epigen food but it is soooo pricey and just for a little bit! I had bought him the zuupream ferret food when i got him,i think that's what its called. But i didn't know that they have extremely sensitive stomach at the time. xp yeah way to go swiftheart lol so i just buy the marshal for now until i have a more steady income. i also saw that the Orijen cat food is good for them to. But dang even the marshal brand is more expensive then it should be... I also give mine the duck soup about every 2 weeks. they love it. and they love the Turine past stuff.
swiftheart54

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:23 pm

I know what you mean about the bad food. When I got my first ferret (got him from someone) he came with a bag of Marshall’s so I assumed it was good food. He ate it soooo fast. I had to fill his bowl everyday (sometimes twice)! I buy the ferret epigen 90 digestive support (ugh the price is high, with tax and delivery it’s $30) but on the plus side of that, since the digestive support has more protein, it does fill them up faster and doesn’t make them poop as often as the Marshall’s did since it tends to go right through them. I have 4 ferrets and the food in their bowl lasts atleast 2 days (they get plenty of freeze dried treats weekly egg/salmon oil as well) so yes the price is higher, but in my experience it lasts a while since it’s higher protein c: I’m lucky I have stable income to afford it! Your fuzzies look happy and healthy! And that’s all that matters c:

looking to complete
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swiftheart54 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Bleedingjay wrote:I know what you mean about the bad food. When I got my first ferret (got him from someone) he came with a bag of Marshall’s so I assumed it was good food. He ate it soooo fast. I had to fill his bowl everyday (sometimes twice)! I buy the ferret epigen 90 digestive support (ugh the price is high, with tax and delivery it’s $30) but on the plus side of that, since the digestive support has more protein, it does fill them up faster and doesn’t make them poop as often as the Marshall’s did since it tends to go right through them. I have 4 ferrets and the food in their bowl lasts atleast 2 days (they get plenty of freeze dried treats weekly egg/salmon oil as well) so yes the price is higher, but in my experience it lasts a while since it’s higher protein c: I’m lucky I have stable income to afford it! Your fuzzies look happy and healthy! And that’s all that matters c:

Wow, yeah the marshals brand dose not have the best quality ingredients and has a lower protein amount. I didn't know that they would eat less because of the higher protein! How many pounds of the food do you get with the 30$ order? and how long dose it last you? i get mine at chewy.com for about 25$ after shipping. I get 7 pounds and it lasts a little over a month give or take. Man that would be better for me to because maybe they would not potty so much to. But hey you have 4 right? you have got a handful! how do you do it? lol At petco in the store the food i get them is 30$. eeekkk! so i save a little buying online.
swiftheart54

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 am

swiftheart54 wrote:
Bleedingjay wrote:I know what you mean about the bad food. When I got my first ferret (got him from someone) he came with a bag of Marshall’s so I assumed it was good food. He ate it soooo fast. I had to fill his bowl everyday (sometimes twice)! I buy the ferret epigen 90 digestive support (ugh the price is high, with tax and delivery it’s $30) but on the plus side of that, since the digestive support has more protein, it does fill them up faster and doesn’t make them poop as often as the Marshall’s did since it tends to go right through them. I have 4 ferrets and the food in their bowl lasts atleast 2 days (they get plenty of freeze dried treats weekly egg/salmon oil as well) so yes the price is higher, but in my experience it lasts a while since it’s higher protein c: I’m lucky I have stable income to afford it! Your fuzzies look happy and healthy! And that’s all that matters c:

Wow, yeah the marshals brand dose not have the best quality ingredients and has a lower protein amount. I didn't know that they would eat less because of the higher protein! How many pounds of the food do you get with the 30$ order? and how long dose it last you? i get mine at chewy.com for about 25$ after shipping. I get 7 pounds and it lasts a little over a month give or take. Man that would be better for me to because maybe they would not potty so much to. But hey you have 4 right? you have got a handful! how do you do it? lol At petco in the store the food i get them is 30$. eeekkk! so i save a little buying online.

I buy a 5 lb bag of Digestive Support, I have it auto shipped for every 3 weeks from Chewy.com (though I do postpone it frequently because I always have plenty) so a 5 lb bag lasts me atleast a month for 4 ferrets c: I always leave two bowls full of food and they come and nibble at it every now and then. I also give them the recommended weekly salmon oil/raw egg. They love it! It helps with hair balls and supplements as a healthy treat too! 4 ferrets are definitely a handful ^-^’ they are potty trained while in their cage, but when they come out, not so much. So keeping up with them while they are out for playtime is really tough (and I have to clean up lots of poops ewww) but I enjoy them!

looking to complete
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swiftheart54 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Cool! i might try that food then, maybe it will last me 2 months! I never heard of giving them a raw egg before. Are you sure? i would be afraid of salmonella lol and where do you get the salmon oil? lucky you got some smart babbies! i tried to litter train them and they would not even lol i used to have a fleece bottom in there cage and they just would not take to the litter box. i tried everything i could think of. i even put some poo in the box hoping they would understand but nooo lol. i now use a liner in the box and fill it with bedding. the soft kind, not the pine used for hamsters. i just spot clean it everyday and its way nicer then the fleece. but more expensive. They love to dig through it when i change it out and put fresh down! its hilarious.

Here are some recent photos of my fur babies <3 i like to let them play in my bathroom because it is completely ferret proof, more so then my room lol i let them in my room and they just scatter everywhere. and they get under my bed ahhh.
Attachments
IMG_1305.jpg
Charlie c:
IMG_1305.jpg (71.48 KiB) Viewed 44 times
IMG_1307.jpg
Roamer c:
IMG_1307.jpg (109.74 KiB) Viewed 44 times
swiftheart54

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery