Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Luzien » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

ryukrem wrote:[list][list][size=95]A month and a half in and my horse is still not sound. It went from us thinking it was her hoof, to her shoulder, and now her hoof again. Now she has rubber pads on her front feet to see if it's a sole issue, but I'm doubtful because she's never had this problem before. She's been hand-walked or lunged at walk for the past month. On Friday I'm going to try riding her again and see if there is any improvement. If not, a vet call will have to be made.

The most frustrating aspect about this is that we were doing so good. Our frame and impulsion was coming along. She was gaining proper topline muscles and using her back more and more. Everything was coming together and we were almost ready to start training for First Level for the upcoming show season, but it all came crashing down so fast.

Not looking for critique on my equitation at the moment. I know what I need to work on, just showing our progress from where we used to be. I miss my active, happy, healthy Alice.

first off....why riding when not sound horse...this sometimes can make it way more bad when one does not know the why.... :?:

did a chiro have a look at her other therapy....it could be her back or neck or even front leg....sometimes one thinks it is the shouler or back leg only to learn it was the front one or the back because of the rider seat or wrong saddle or a muscle probem...after a bad fall it even could be a partly broken neck or badly pulled muscle, and when i didd see it right you did write something about that she slipped on ice...did a vet have a look at her...x-ray or ultrasound ....do you got a video of her moving on hard ground, from front an behind in walk and trot....it can show things you may not see ?

berry tea
never have i ever been so angry at the racing discipline. learned my 23 year old ottb was bleeding internally and fed steroids as they continued to race her. they raced her knowing she was in pain. complete disgrace.

that makes not real sence....when it is your horse why do you let them feed her things or let them give her things you dont want...you also see how the training is and the vet tells you about health...so why did you let her race her when younger and pain???

and i dont know from any horse that is still in the racing at this age, there is a mistake in the number...or was it maaany years back in her race days? ^^...years back when horses where bether and such there was one or the other who raced up to high age...but most are out at the age of 14......i know that some horse who are raced there whole live only at sand get something against lung bleeding...but pain meds are drugs and are not accpted in a legal race as they do drug tests...and the vet check bevor the races pushes out sick horses too so she would not get in a race showig pain or bleeding out of the nose in the years when she still was raced...
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huggles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Haven’t posted on this thread in a bit but i thought id ask a quick question i hope someone could answer! Im leasing a pretty little arabian, she has beautiful mane and tail, nice and thick, but the base of her tail is a mess. Ive been keeping her tail braided and/or bagged for the winter to help it stay nice and healthy, but i want to grow out those nice little hairs. Any tips? A lot of websites say leave in conditioner and show sheen but that dries out the dock and will probably cause her to rub and make it worse. Would braiding it help keep it under control and grow quicker? Would it stay in, though. Yes i do realize a long healthy tail takes time, but i am hoping to speed up the process a bit and also tame it.
Any help on this is great!
Im quitting and ISO art! Link to refs and cs thread
Huggles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryukrem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:37 am

@Luzien
      She has had professionals look at her.
      She needs to be moved at least at walk to keep from getting stiff. Giving her full days off would not benefit her improvement. She will be sat on today after a week on hand-walking to see how she is. She's sound at walk, but not at trot.

ryukrem - lesbian - taken <3

prefer to roleplay off site. pm me.

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScourgeMyBaby » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:37 am

Yes I ride horses.

Love horses with all my heart.

I'm even going to be able to ride one on Tuesday
ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴀ sᴄᴀʀ ᴏɴᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ's ꜰᴀᴄᴇ, ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴡɪɴᴅᴄʟᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ᴡɪɴ ᴀ ʀᴀᴄᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɢᴏᴏsᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇs ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴏᴜʀɢᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ's ᴛᴇᴀsᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛɪɴʏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀᴛᴀɪʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ 'ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs', ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ sᴛᴀʀᴄʟᴀɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʟᴇᴀꜰᴘᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴍᴜsᴛ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʜᴏʟʟʏʟᴇᴀꜰ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʙʀᴀᴍʙʟᴇᴄʟᴀᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ sᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇᴅʟᴇᴀꜰ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ sᴜꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴀᴅ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʟɪᴏɴʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴀᴍ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛɪɢᴇʀsᴛᴀʀ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴠᴇᴡɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅᴛᴀɪʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ᴋɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ ᴘʀᴇʏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ꜰᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀᴛᴀɪʟ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄᴀᴠᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀsʜꜰᴜʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʙᴀʀʟᴇʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ sɪʙʟɪɴɢs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪᴠʏᴘᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ꜰɪʀᴇsᴛᴀʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʟᴏʏᴀʟᴛʏ's ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇsᴛ, ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴄᴀᴛs, ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ.
ScourgeMyBaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm

ryukrem wrote:
      @Luzien
      She has had professionals look at her.
      She needs to be moved at least at walk to keep from getting stiff. Giving her full days off would not benefit her improvement. She will be sat on today after a week on hand-walking to see how she is. She's sound at walk, but not at trot.

that is not bad with the pro
moving around yes that is good and needed, but riding when a horse shows still signs of something wrong when in trot (trot is use by vet to see if a horse is sound or not as the movements then show it all mre clearly), but this shows the horse is not well enough. maybe think about it a bit more and maybe try something else;)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moddedfyre » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

im a AQH owner and im kinda upset because i cant find my boys bloodlines anywhere (his prev owner lost his papers) nd i realllyyyyy wanna find out his bloodlines as he is an amazing cow horse! we ride english, western, and bareback and hes amazing at showmanship and cows but i cant find his bloodlines anywhere..
Moddedfyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Livid-Silver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm

@Moddedfyre; Do you have his registered name? Is he branded or microchipped? If he did have papers, then he should be registered and you should be able to search their database for him :) If he doesn't have either of those things, you're best bet would be to trace back through his previous owners and see if any of them could tell you what his bloodlines are or send you his papers. A good point to remember though, is that you don't ride the papers ;) He sounds like a good horse, regardless of his bloodlines!

@Ryukrem; I'm inclined to agree with Luzien, I can't say I've ever heard of a vet/professional recommending a lame horse be ridden :/ Hand walking and in-hand work for sure, but usually if they are visibly lame at the trot they aren't put into ridden work. Do you actually know what is causing the lameness? I assume she has been seen by a vet? You said she's been seen by 'professionals' so I wasn't entirely sure.
Ah wait sorry, I just went back and read your original post. I'd definitely be getting your mare seen by a vet. A month and a half of lameness with no improvement is a long time. At this point, you;d be thinking tendons/ligaments or even bone issues such as a fracture or arthritis. Only a vet can diagnose your horse. I'd certainly be thinking about getting X-rays done at least to check everything looks alright on the inside and maybe even nerve blocks to actually pinpoint where the lameness is coming from. You can be guessing forever and a day and still not know if you don't use the diagnostic tests :) Last horse I knew that had lameness like this had damage to the pedal bone/hoof integrity due to laminitis (said horse didn't show any of the 'typical' signs and was not over weight), the one before that had ringbone in the pastern, another had tears in the suspensory tendons, one had navicular disease, one had SI problems, one had a bone chip in her knee and yet another had a fracture in the pedal bone. Lameness can be caused by all kinds of things and when it persists even after rest, its really worth paying the money and doing a full lameness exam so you can find out exactly what is going on and how to treat it.
Livid-Silver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryukrem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 am

Livid-Silver wrote:@Moddedfyre; Do you have his registered name? Is he branded or microchipped? If he did have papers, then he should be registered and you should be able to search their database for him :) If he doesn't have either of those things, you're best bet would be to trace back through his previous owners and see if any of them could tell you what his bloodlines are or send you his papers. A good point to remember though, is that you don't ride the papers ;) He sounds like a good horse, regardless of his bloodlines!

@Ryukrem; I'm inclined to agree with Luzien, I can't say I've ever heard of a vet/professional recommending a lame horse be ridden :/ Hand walking and in-hand work for sure, but usually if they are visibly lame at the trot they aren't put into ridden work. Do you actually know what is causing the lameness? I assume she has been seen by a vet? You said she's been seen by 'professionals' so I wasn't entirely sure.
Ah wait sorry, I just went back and read your original post. I'd definitely be getting your mare seen by a vet. A month and a half of lameness with no improvement is a long time. At this point, you;d be thinking tendons/ligaments or even bone issues such as a fracture or arthritis. Only a vet can diagnose your horse. I'd certainly be thinking about getting X-rays done at least to check everything looks alright on the inside and maybe even nerve blocks to actually pinpoint where the lameness is coming from. You can be guessing forever and a day and still not know if you don't use the diagnostic tests :) Last horse I knew that had lameness like this had damage to the pedal bone/hoof integrity due to laminitis (said horse didn't show any of the 'typical' signs and was not over weight), the one before that had ringbone in the pastern, another had tears in the suspensory tendons, one had navicular disease, one had SI problems, one had a bone chip in her knee and yet another had a fracture in the pedal bone. Lameness can be caused by all kinds of things and when it persists even after rest, its really worth paying the money and doing a full lameness exam so you can find out exactly what is going on and how to treat it.

Unfortunately, she's not my horse, I don't get to make that call. She's my lease horse. I just do what her owner wants me to do. She's only getting ridden today as a soundness test as she's sounder on the lunge now.

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Get well, Alice. ♥

Postby Herä » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 pm

ryukrem wrote:
          [size=95]A month and a half in and my horse is still not sound. It went from us thinking it was her hoof, to her shoulder, and now her hoof again. Now she has rubber pads on her front feet to see if it's a sole issue, but I'm doubtful because she's never had this problem before. She's been hand-walked or lunged at walk for the past month. On Friday I'm going to try riding her again and see if there is any improvement. If not, a vet call will have to be made.

I hope your gorgeous friend is doing better. I have to agree with everyone though. I'm sorry that you're having such trouble with finding out what's causing her lameness. She is a beautiful horse, though. I hope everything works out alright for you and your friend.

--

I've strongly been considering purchasing a horse from my neighbors' farm. They say that he is not ridable, but by the way they talk about him, he's just not been properly trained or introduced to an aggressive trainer. Only thing is, I'll have to purchase a trailer to transport him - next problem is: he's afraid of trailers.
we are either alone in the world, or we're not.
both equally terrifying.

Herä

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryukrem » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am

UPDATE EVERYONE: She's sound and ready to build up back to work again! Walk-trot now until her fitness gets back up, but I got my sweet girl back <3

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me