Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Faded... » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:45 am

I found out someone started a stable with trail rides and younger kids camp, etc. only a 15 minute drive I was like awesome!!!! And their looking for volunteers, so perfect! Plus they rescue horses!
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am

pills wrote:
Haze-L-Kitten wrote:
pills wrote:rode a 18.1hh guy today. pretty big difference from my usual 11hh :lol:

I love riding big horses. I rode an jumped an oldie one day who was 18+. His name was Barclay but I would've named him Moose! <3 I feel so royal and regal riding them gentle giants.

haha, the gelding i rode today's name was Merlin. i was pretty tempted to ride him with a light seat instead of a deep one, as he was much more bouncy than the pony i ride, digger. unfortunately digger got a abscess so his owner gave him the weekend off. merlin was such a sweet angel tho and his canter was sooo smooth and lovely

I've noticed through my years of riding the bigger and longer the body of the horse is the smoother it rides. Excellent mounts to me range from 17+ to the giants 18+. Some 16.3's have been able to impress me by they're usually your warmbloods that are calm on minutes and then bonkers the next. It's hard to find that unicorn in the stable since every horse is different, but you have find that one horses quirks that match you personally.
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am

There are two arabians that I ride that I think are quite comfortable, they are both maybe 15.1-15.2? Idk

I think I've ridden a couple horses that were taller, but I dont remember tbh
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Ohhh I just measured my horse I thought he was like 16 16.1 ish turns out he is almost 17hh lol it was a big surprise I did not realize he was that tall. And I have to agree I do find taller and bigger horses to be a more smooth ride than ponys or shorter horses.
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey,
I'm usually the soundboard/editor for my friends when they need advice for anything writing related - but was wondering if someone would be mine for a quick minute.
I'm working on writing up an employment seeking ad/letter to send out to online resources/local stables. I've been working at a stable for a year now but am in desperate need to find another place that sparks energy and passion. I've been a barn manager previously and have been instructing lessons for a year now - so I'd like to find some place that allows for those aspects.
I have a draft written up and a couple other similar write-ups to work with, but could really use a literacy check, as well as advice on the content.
If you can help - please send a pm.
I will be forever grateful.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Compass- » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:59 am

I'm lucky enough to own my own horse who I compete in dressage and showjumping. He is a lot of work and a lot of money, especially with going to uni soon but definitely worth it (most the time) :lol: I will attempt to put a picture in but I'm not too sure how to, so it may be a bit wrong! His name is Eddie :) He's around 15hh, an irish sports horse and usually very angry
Attachments
IMG_6242.jpg
IMG_6242.jpg (377.12 KiB) Viewed 189 times
-Compass-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:51 am

Note to self: If you have someone train your horse, remember to ask them how they taught the canter aids (yes, there is more than one way to ask canter)... Let's just say I've been making things way too difficult for Tý than they should have been. But he has lovely canter never the less when we do get it right and rolling nicely. <3
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Hey, So the other day at lessons I fainted. Was wearing a black helmet and it was hot so they assumed it was just the heat. Does the black helmet have anything to do with it? Should I get a different color?.

Also.. The horse I work with.. Journey lacks alot of motivation because she's used to younger kids who don't know how to ride. How can I help put some pep in her step?
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huggles » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Deac. wrote:Hey, So the other day at lessons I fainted. Was wearing a black helmet and it was hot so they assumed it was just the heat. Does the black helmet have anything to do with it? Should I get a different color?.

Also.. The horse I work with.. Journey lacks alot of motivation because she's used to younger kids who don't know how to ride. How can I help put some pep in her step?

It very well could, but I wear a charles owen helmet in the summer thats felt black and absolutely no ventilation and im generally fine.

Ive fainted at the barn a few times and if youre sensitive to heat, thats just unfortunately how its going to be.
Get to know yourself and figure out when you feel like you are going to overheat like that and get some water and sit down. I run cold water over my wrists and put a cold towel on my neck. Ive gotten to the point where I bring two or three big bottles of ice water to make sure im hydrated.

Its most likely that the helmet color wont matter a whole lot, you can get those helmet visors to keep sun off your face and those are black, I would imagine itd be fine, its about your body if that makes sense.

With the horse, a lot of lesson horses become dead broke and just dont care about anything.

If you can, id suggest going on a trail ride of some sort to get a change of scenery. Arena work gets boring, and horses naturally love finding new ground. If thats not an option you can set up obstacle courses which can be fun. Or just simply change routine.

You can probably look up fun arena work for bored horses or something and find some fun options.
Im quitting and ISO art! Link to refs and cs thread
Huggles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Thank you so much for the advice! She'll definitely get a change when i get more into barrel racing because she's going to teach me before I move onto a new horse and that will definitely be new for her. I'll also try some more trail rides but the trails aren't shaded so theres rarley a opportunity to do it.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me