Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re:

Postby Luzien » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 pm

atychiphobia wrote:so i haven't been on here for so incredibly long it'd be a wonder if anybody remembered me.
anyway, ive got my own warmblood thoroughbred cross and ive had her for roughly a year now. i do eventing but my girl gem is a great jumper. i comfortably do 90cm on her but we've easily done a 1m to 1.10m spread double.
has anyone got good exercises to build up hindquarter muscle? gem lacks muscle there and it took months of hill work to get her to a good point but a small break from riding and she lost it all.

something a little different though. my uncle wants to ride a calf he has. does anyone have any idea how to break in a cow? ive assisted in multiple horse break ins but i know cows are a little different. that and then saddles and stuff, i think my uncles crazy but i won't deny that ive thought about doing similar before

oh i just remembered what i came here to ask. i have to do work experience with school and i dont know what to do. ive contacted a brumby association near me but im waiting on word back. working with horses isn't exactly what i want my future to be but i would love it. you see, i want a job where i can earn enough to ride but also give me a voice if that makes sense. i dont want to do the same thing over and over again with no meaning, just sorta merging with that dull rhythm so many people are in.
so anyway - ignore my rambling, does anyone know of any horse related work experience i could do? i dont mind the science side or practical but i just can't think of what fields are to be found with horses

just lots of groundwork first, go very slow and careful...when a cow gets angry or stubborn it is not fun...i read somewhere, gentle and be ready to do three steps back, maybe throw in some trick training and cow agility, only riding with i think 3years he i remember it right with a saddle that is alright for a cow, some horse saddle with good pad under it can work, i think i did see some who used a thick western pad with a barebacksaddle, and his weight should be right for the cow, and her back must be good for this, not all cows can be ridden....and other only from very light riders..... atleast this is what i remeber from a cow forum

but i read that it is interesting to ride cow and such...when they have streight back and are nice ones and trained well. sadly nobody here does own one, i really would love to try it once :)

to the working...maybe heping out with the brumby or a rescue sounds nice ....or helping with training horses or do ask to learn how to do stable management or work in a breeding stallion stable or in a science work or such ...for later when you like to work there, you make enough money, do not do one of the same thing for not enouh money and still can work with horses and people when you like) or such or do it next to a job where you can make a living and enough for riding-or a horse....

. or ask a vet for horses an large animal to go with him-her and learn...i did this too for i think 3-4weeks in school...but it was hard but interesting to bring things hold things and learn so much new :mrgreen:

, a horse dentist, long trail riding instructor-guide, ....do research , carriage builder, saddle and harness maker, carriage driver...you can be there help and even drive sometimes and learn to train horses for this maybe, therapeutic stable work is interesting (you can learn a lot meet new people and can help) ...^^
there are some jobs with or next to horses....where you can make money.
but i too would say go for money making job first for real work after school, and then for horse job as fun thing next to normal work...like on weekends or free time or holliday.....or vet-dentist where you work for someone.

but for the school work time experience...set up a good contract together with your parents and for whom you may like to follow for 1-4 weeks, so that you can go when it does not workout and you only work the hours accepted for this time and all such,
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steve rogers. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 am

so I had my first hunter show and in my over fences eq I won first. and yeah im super happy and proud because it had been a rough morning. but people were talking and I heard say I didnt deserve to win.. idk what to do and if I should even do the next show...
text text text text text text text text text text
steve rogers.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby drift. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:39 am

p i d g e . wrote:
      so I had my first hunter show and in my over fences eq I won first. and yeah im super happy and proud because it had been a rough morning. but people were talking and I heard say I didnt deserve to win.. idk what to do and if I should even do the next show...

Honey, you worked hard to get that first place. I am here right now definitely telling you to do that next show and beat their sorry butts again. They're nothing more than jerks. They may not even be in it for their horse, like most equestrians are. You keep on winning and being better until you are satisfied. You've worked hard to get you and your horse where you are; I know it can be difficult, but ignore them and keep pushing forward.

So,, I actually just got some of my grandmother's inheritance and it's enough to get me started with a horse. It breaks my heart to even have this money but this is what I've yearned for for so long. I cry everytime I think about spending it, but I hope to make riding into a career. Barrel racing is my dream and I know she would've pushed for me to spend it in this way if she were here in the flesh..
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steve rogers. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 am

drift. wrote:
p i d g e . wrote:

Honey, you worked hard to get that first place. I am here right now definitely telling you to do that next show and beat their sorry butts again. They're nothing more than jerks. They may not even be in it for their horse, like most equestrians are. You keep on winning and being better until you are satisfied. You've worked hard to get you and your horse where you are; I know it can be difficult, but ignore them and keep pushing forward.

So,, I actually just got some of my grandmother's inheritance and it's enough to get me started with a horse. It breaks my heart to even have this money but this is what I've yearned for for so long. I cry everytime I think about spending it, but I hope to make riding into a career. Barrel racing is my dream and I know she would've pushed for me to spend it in this way if she were here in the flesh..

it just they had fancy horses and I have a thoroughbred who gets super nervous at shows and I constantly feel like I didn't deserve to win. they had good eq and nice horses and idk.. but thank you, I probably will do it for the experience

also pursue your dream, if she would push you, as you said, then do it for her. in her honor
steve rogers.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Albino_ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:41 am

so.. i am finally showing riding horses now instead of registered miniature horses haha, going in halter classes this summer at the fair with Comanche! And then hopefully gaming with Rusty! I have been practicing the barrel pattern when i can in the arena a couple towns over! And i also moved in with my now adopted mom so i will also be around Comanche, Rusty, Sunny and Freedom every day! I will also be going to a new school so im really nervous. And my mom didnt like me moving out, but im old enough to chose where i wanna live and we found out with my age, cops cant do a thing. But at my new school, i will fit in better with the students then i did in my old school for up here in the country, there are other horse riders, loggers, steer pullers and steer showers! i do horse riding and steer pulling, but at my new school there are about 168 students where at my old school there is over 250 students! So im excited.

But im gonna be vending at most of the states fairs this year with my adopted moms lights, so i have to find out when the horse shows are at those fairs so i can get Comanche and hopefully Rusty there and settled in. So i have a busy summer! Also getting an EPM gelding who was rescued from the auction(a lady won the bidding aganst the KB) and maybe a POA! So this is gonna be fun haha.
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atychiphobia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 am

p i d g e . wrote:

you should do the next show. everyone has their own opinions on horses and riders and even i have my thoughts on the winners' in my style. if they thought you shouldn't have won because of your horse, take pride in knowing that you've made your horse into a winner. plus, it was your first hunter show! you must have a knack for it
keep going, you never know what will come out of it if you dont ^^

drift. wrote:So,, I actually just got some of my grandmother's inheritance and it's enough to get me started with a horse. It breaks my heart to even have this money but this is what I've yearned for for so long. I cry everytime I think about spending it, but I hope to make riding into a career. Barrel racing is my dream and I know she would've pushed for me to spend it in this way if she were here in the flesh..

you dont have to rush to spend it if you dont want, but eventually you're going to have to get a horse.
i know a girl who bought a horse with her inheritance - i think she had one beforehand but it wasn't what she needed.
now, this is in the eventing world not barrel but be careful.
she spent all of the money on this horse and after having it for a short period of time things went downhill. the horse was a quick racehorse turnover and was not ready to be ridden properly - it needed more training and time. she lost a lot of confidence and when she told the old owner that she wanted to return the horse, they would only take it back and give back half of what was paid for it.
the girl doesn't ride anymore.

find a horse thats right for you and will not only help you to achieve your dream but can also help to remind you of your grandmother. find a friend that can be the living version of what the inheritance represented.

also @albino_ that sounds exiting! im actually a little jealous but anyway, i hope you have fun

also thanks to everyone that responded to me, ill work on getting back to you
⠀ ⠀._____________
x...┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
x...┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
x.. ┊ ┊ ✫ ✫ .┊ ┊ ┊
x.. ┊ ⊹ ......||┊ ✫ .................
x...x.|..||.| .xx.
x ⠀✧xxxxxxxxx....⠀✧
x..┌-.-..-...-....-
....|xx • she/her ✦ equestrian • australian ✦xxxxx.xx|
....|xx rarely active but still here • im not good xxx...|
....|xx at collecting so feel free to trade & help xxxx..|
....|xx me out ✦ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-....-...-..-.
atychiphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby LissaJo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm

atychiphobia wrote:
p i d g e . wrote:

you should do the next show. everyone has their own opinions on horses and riders and even i have my thoughts on the winners' in my style. if they thought you shouldn't have won because of your horse, take pride in knowing that you've made your horse into a winner. plus, it was your first hunter show! you must have a knack for it
keep going, you never know what will come out of it if you dont ^^

drift. wrote:So,, I actually just got some of my grandmother's inheritance and it's enough to get me started with a horse. It breaks my heart to even have this money but this is what I've yearned for for so long. I cry everytime I think about spending it, but I hope to make riding into a career. Barrel racing is my dream and I know she would've pushed for me to spend it in this way if she were here in the flesh..

you dont have to rush to spend it if you dont want, but eventually you're going to have to get a horse.
i know a girl who bought a horse with her inheritance - i think she had one beforehand but it wasn't what she needed.
now, this is in the eventing world not barrel but be careful.
she spent all of the money on this horse and after having it for a short period of time things went downhill. the horse was a quick racehorse turnover and was not ready to be ridden properly - it needed more training and time. she lost a lot of confidence and when she told the old owner that she wanted to return the horse, they would only take it back and give back half of what was paid for it.
the girl doesn't ride anymore.

find a horse thats right for you and will not only help you to achieve your dream but can also help to remind you of your grandmother. find a friend that can be the living version of what the inheritance represented.

also @albino_ that sounds exiting! im actually a little jealous but anyway, i hope you have fun

also thanks to everyone that responded to me, ill work on getting back to you

^^ I second this.. so many barrel riders spend money and get a horse they cant ride or get mad because that 1D horse they bought isnt even running 4D times because they can not keep up and ride the horse like it should be.. 1D/open rodeo horses take a lot of skill to ride properly and keep up with
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Luzien » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:53 am

p i d g e . wrote:
drift. wrote:
p i d g e . wrote:

Honey, you worked hard to get that first place. I am here right now definitely telling you to do that next show and beat their sorry butts again. They're nothing more than jerks. They may not even be in it for their horse, like most equestrians are. You keep on winning and being better until you are satisfied. You've worked hard to get you and your horse where you are; I know it can be difficult, but ignore them and keep pushing forward.size]

[size=85] it just they had fancy horses and I have a thoroughbred who gets super nervous at shows and I constantly feel like I didn't deserve to win. they had good eq and nice horses and idk.. but thank you, I probably will do it for the experience

also pursue your dream, if she would push you, as you said, then do it for her. in her honor

dont think to much,...you trained your horse well enough did ride good enough and so placed first, train on like this, try to make your horse less nervous with many shows and trainig but also some nice calm rides on the trails...... and learn from mistakes, even when you did not win or got placed you still did learn something and had fun together with your horse.
they sound jealousy....and i have to say..often some riding moms can be mean...just dont hear them, say hello smile calmly and walk on..
and what is not fancy at a thoroughbred ;) a lot of speed jumper are those, other jumper too, also dressage horses and so on...or they stand high in blood.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BritishLiberty » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:59 am

Hello,You can call me Liberty or British I'm just a woman who enjoys free riding, basic dressage, Roman riding and liberty tricks with my horses I have a eleven-year-old Black Percheron Gelding named William, Seven-year-old Grey Clydesdale Gelding named Oliver, Four-year-old Black with three white socks two on his rear feet and one on his left front Gypsy Vanner Gelding named Felix, Twelve-year-old Grey Lusitano Stallion I would say white but there's no such thing as a white coat named Arthur, Twenty-year-old Friesian Gelding named Tommy, Nine-year-old Dun Fjord Gelding named Ethan, Sixteen-year-old Grey Connemara Pony Gelding named Oscar, Ten-year-old Bay OTTB Gelding named Arlo, Five-year-old grey Andalusian Mare named Lilliana and three-year-old Black with white blaze Gypsy Vanner Gelding named Alfie.

My horses trained in Roman Riding - William, Oliver, Felix, and Tommy.

My horses trained in Liberty - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arthur, Ethan, and Oscar.

My horses trained in Dressage - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arlo, and Ethan.

My horses Trained in free riding - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arlo, Oscar, and Ethan.

My Companion horse - Lilliana is lame on her front right leg and only shows discomfort when being ridden.

Alfie will start training at four I am hoping to get him trained in Roman Riding, Liberty, Free Riding and Basic Dressage.

(I have a friend whose dad is licensed to train horses in Dressage.)

(Sorry if the coding is bad I'm new to chicken smoothie and am learning this myself XD)
BritishLiberty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 am

BritishLiberty wrote:
Hello,You can call me Liberty or British I'm just a woman who enjoys free riding, basic dressage, Roman riding and liberty tricks with my horses I have a eleven-year-old Black Percheron Gelding named William, Seven-year-old Grey Clydesdale Gelding named Oliver, Four-year-old Black with three white socks two on his rear feet and one on his left front Gypsy Vanner Gelding named Felix, Twelve-year-old Grey Lusitano Stallion I would say white but there's no such thing as a white coat named Arthur, Twenty-year-old Friesian Gelding named Tommy, Nine-year-old Dun Fjord Gelding named Ethan, Sixteen-year-old Grey Connemara Pony Gelding named Oscar, Ten-year-old Bay OTTB Gelding named Arlo, Five-year-old grey Andalusian Mare named Lilliana and three-year-old Black with white blaze Gypsy Vanner Gelding named Alfie.

My horses trained in Roman Riding - William, Oliver, Felix, and Tommy.

My horses trained in Liberty - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arthur, Ethan, and Oscar.

My horses trained in Dressage - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arlo, and Ethan.

My horses Trained in free riding - William, Oliver, Felix, Tommy, Arlo, Oscar, and Ethan.

My Companion horse - Lilliana is lame on her front right leg and only shows discomfort when being ridden.

Alfie will start training at four I am hoping to get him trained in Roman Riding, Liberty, Free Riding and Basic Dressage.

(I have a friend whose dad is licensed to train horses in Dressage.)

(Sorry if the coding is bad I'm new to chicken smoothie and am learning this myself XD)

Wow you have a lot of horses! And such awesome breeds! Just wow
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃