Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Autvmn » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:09 pm

Emerald Isle wrote:
Winona Ryder wrote:

Sounds like you're going about everything in the right way!! Congrats on him!

Do you have a picture? I LOVE saddlebreds and when I'm settled down in an area moreso than I am right now, I'll definitely be coming home with a Dutch Harness and a saddlebred <3

Thanks so much! And right?? I didn't even know what they were until I started riding at this stable 3 years ago and now I'm OBSESSED. And omg yes!! That's awesome!

This is him! <3

I LOVE him
Image Image
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕
♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥
𝑰❜𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕❜𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒆𝒅.
♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕

Image Image
Autvmn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emerald Isle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:32 am

Winona Ryder wrote:
Emerald Isle wrote:
Winona Ryder wrote:

Sounds like you're going about everything in the right way!! Congrats on him!

Do you have a picture? I LOVE saddlebreds and when I'm settled down in an area moreso than I am right now, I'll definitely be coming home with a Dutch Harness and a saddlebred <3

Thanks so much! And right?? I didn't even know what they were until I started riding at this stable 3 years ago and now I'm OBSESSED. And omg yes!! That's awesome!

This is him! <3

I LOVE him

Aww, thank you!! <3 He and I have been having a blast!! I'm so glad I took the jump!
Emerald Isle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silent Raven » Sun May 09, 2021 10:22 am

Hi everyone. I need a bit of honest truth about this. So I'm beginning to hop in the saddle after years off. Eventually I'd like to own my own horse. I've been riding again about a month.

Me, browsing online for horses on sale, i found a horse that I really like. Its my favorite breed, temperament good, and sounds like a good fit for me. I haven't gone to see him. I can financially afford the horse.

My family isn't big into horses. My logical side says I should ride for a bit then lease before buying a horse. But this horse is tugging on my heart strings! Please tell me your opinions. Thank you.
Love everything Dragon Age! i'm an avid reader and enjoy playing video games. I'm also into fiber arts such as knitting, embroidery, and crocheting.
Silent Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Mon May 10, 2021 1:09 pm

Guys i can not even begin to explain how happy i am with my mare rn. Had a barrel race this weekend and i wasnt expecting much but today, i met a goal of mine that ive had for 3 yrs, since i started racing. I ran a 15.7 today and on my heart horse. I cried tears of joy, never been so excited and proud of something in my entire life!!!!
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝔹𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕌𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔a𝕟 𝕓𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ ❝𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙, 𝕀 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕟𝕖.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗

☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜 <3
𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝐷𝑒𝑘𝑢, 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑆ℎ𝑒/𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑑!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓!
𝑆ℎ𝑒𝑧𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑒 (𝑎𝑘𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑦) 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠: 𝐴𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑃𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑎
𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟,
𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑔𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑝ℎ𝑦, 𝑀𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑦𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠, 𝐴𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑒𝑡𝑐.
𝐷𝑚 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑊𝐼𝑃
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
✨😌' D
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | 🛢
⚓︎ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link

╚═══════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
Deku_is_best_boi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alouetta » Mon May 10, 2021 1:17 pm

Silent Raven wrote:Hi everyone. I need a bit of honest truth about this. So I'm beginning to hop in the saddle after years off. Eventually I'd like to own my own horse. I've been riding again about a month.

Me, browsing online for horses on sale, i found a horse that I really like. Its my favorite breed, temperament good, and sounds like a good fit for me. I haven't gone to see him. I can financially afford the horse.

My family isn't big into horses. My logical side says I should ride for a bit then lease before buying a horse. But this horse is tugging on my heart strings! Please tell me your opinions. Thank you.

I would definitely ride for a bit longer and then lease - I know it seems like this horse is a perfect fit, but I tend to feel that way about most horses I see. Chances are you'll find someone even better suited to you in the future when you're better equipped to jump into ownership, or if it's meant to be, this horse will still be on the market. Do you have a trainer? If you don't, I definitely recommend guidance from a professional. Regardless of if you're a previous rider or not, buying a horse is a huge financial decision and a huge load of work to ensure the horse is properly conditioned and in a good program. Because you're not in your peak riding form right now (I would assume since you have had years off) it is probably not the wisest to expect a new horse to 1) help you continue to grow as a born-again rider and 2) fall in to routine with a new owner that hasn't been riding for a little bit. So I would say ride longer, and then go for a lease with the help of a/your trainer, good luck!
alouetta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emerald Isle » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Marin wrote:
Silent Raven wrote:Hi everyone. I need a bit of honest truth about this. So I'm beginning to hop in the saddle after years off. Eventually I'd like to own my own horse. I've been riding again about a month.

I would definitely ride for a bit longer and then lease - I know it seems like this horse is a perfect fit, but I tend to feel that way about most horses I see. Chances are you'll find someone even better suited to you in the future when you're better equipped to jump into ownership, or if it's meant to be, this horse will still be on the market. Do you have a trainer? If you don't, I definitely recommend guidance from a professional. Regardless of if you're a previous rider or not, buying a horse is a huge financial decision and a huge load of work to ensure the horse is properly conditioned and in a good program. Because you're not in your peak riding form right now (I would assume since you have had years off) it is probably not the wisest to expect a new horse to 1) help you continue to grow as a born-again rider and 2) fall in to routine with a new owner that hasn't been riding for a little bit. So I would say ride longer, and then go for a lease with the help of a/your trainer, good luck!

^ This. I ran into a horse that I was dead sure was my heart horse. Was set to half-lease her about a year after starting to ride. Things fell through and I just kept riding. Eventually, just by spending more time in the saddle, I was able to find what I was actually after.

I highly recommend you get back in the saddle. See what you like and don't. Your tastes may have changed since you did it last. Do you want to jump? Run barrels? Ride for pleasure/trails? All of that is going to affect the type of decisions you're going to make. Ride more than one horse and ride horses with different temperaments. Some people prefer fast and forward and others prefer slow and reliable; all at different points in their careers.

Congrats on getting back into riding! You'll get there and, before you know it, the right horse will come your way!
Emerald Isle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emerald Isle » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Deku_is_best_boi wrote:Guys i can not even begin to explain how happy i am with my mare rn. Had a barrel race this weekend and i wasnt expecting much but today, i met a goal of mine that ive had for 3 yrs, since i started racing. I ran a 15.7 today and on my heart horse. I cried tears of joy, never been so excited and proud of something in my entire life!!!!

That's amazing!! Congratulations! :clap:
Emerald Isle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Wed May 12, 2021 12:28 am

Emerald Isle wrote:
Deku_is_best_boi wrote:Guys i can not even begin to explain how happy i am with my mare rn. Had a barrel race this weekend and i wasnt expecting much but today, i met a goal of mine that ive had for 3 yrs, since i started racing. I ran a 15.7 today and on my heart horse. I cried tears of joy, never been so excited and proud of something in my entire life!!!!

That's amazing!! Congratulations! :clap:

Thank you so much!! It still feels so surreal and i keep going back to watching the videos to make sure im not dreaming lol. I may not have won money from this run but thats not important to me, im just happy i finally met a goal i never thought i'd meet.
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝔹𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕌𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔a𝕟 𝕓𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ ❝𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙, 𝕀 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕟𝕖.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗

☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜 <3
𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝐷𝑒𝑘𝑢, 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑆ℎ𝑒/𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑑!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓!
𝑆ℎ𝑒𝑧𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑒 (𝑎𝑘𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑦) 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠: 𝐴𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑃𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑎
𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟,
𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑔𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑝ℎ𝑦, 𝑀𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑦𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠, 𝐴𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑒𝑡𝑐.
𝐷𝑚 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑊𝐼𝑃
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
✨😌' D
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | 🛢
⚓︎ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link

╚═══════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
Deku_is_best_boi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roots. » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 am

hey I’m new to this thread but I ride horses! I’ve been riding abt 9 years, and showing for about 5. I work w american saddlebreds and hackney ponies. I have a hackney named cassie that I show in the performance division (show pleasure), and I show English saddle seat academy under saddle. unfortunately I’ve been unable to ride under saddle for a while (abt 1 year) bc of my condition, but I’m working on getting back in the saddle!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* fen is typing *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[lesbian - he/him - autistic]

> jjba, loona, miku
I dont bite :3

"life is surreal, don't let it get to you"

/╲/\╭ºoωoº╮/\/╱\ <- little spider
roots.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lordvader » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 am

Mmhm! I have for like 4-5 years now, mainly English but started out western.
daithChris evans enthusiasthe/him

gay tbh| Ryan Reynolds husband | https://dragcave.net/user/Hawkeyez 1 ★ https://linktr.ee/Carnivalmutt

[align=center]Image

Name: Vader
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]

ImageImage[/url]Image[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2779511#p89957711]ImageImageImageImage[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2885255]ImageImage ImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage[/url]Image ImageImage[/url]
lordvader

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me